Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they all have enough left in them to do a proper bookend to the Indy franchise. Spielberg and Ford just need to get their balls back, stand up for practical effects and get George to tune down the SciFi crap. Indy's an archeologist. They need to start there and end there.

I agree with that concept... I just don't trust Ford's choices anymore.

And I don't like Lucas' choices anymore.

Spielberg is my last hope. But he just lets George have it his way. That said, Spielberg has had his fair share of bad decisions ever since "1941" so you never really know with him; it depends on how much he cares about the material. I doubt he's too anamored with Indy.

I hate to say it, but Indy's only hope really is in a.... reboot.

(and I really hate that overuse of a word that basically means 'remake' but doesn't quite stink like that word does...yet)

I agree with that concept... I just don't trust Ford's choices anymore.

And I don't like Lucas' choices anymore.

Spielberg is my last hope. But he just lets George have it his way. That said, Spielberg has had his fair share of bad decisions ever since "1941" so you never really know with him; it depends on how much he cares about the material. I doubt he's too anamored with Indy.

I hate to say it, but Indy's only hope really is in a.... reboot.

(and I really hate that overuse of a word that basically means 'remake' but doesn't quite stink like that word does...yet)

im against a reboot but out of curiousity, all hypothetical or course;if YOU decided to reboot who would you cast as indy?
would you leave it to spielberg and lucas to direct or go for a completely new take with someone like jj abrams or peter jackson or even chris nolan at the helm.

i cant think of an indy past harrison ford atm:dunno

I do. I said after the trailer "That man will win an oscar". :lecture

It was nothing short of a sympathy Oscar. He'd had far better roles in far better movies. If he hadn't passed away, the huge TDK obsession would not have been there, and he'd likely have won one down the road for a more deserving role.

im against a reboot but out of curiousity, all hypothetical or course;if YOU decided to reboot who would you cast as indy?
would you leave it to spielberg and lucas to direct or go for a completely new take with someone like jj abrams or peter jackson or even chris nolan at the helm.

i cant think of an indy past harrison ford atm:dunno

That's a good question; the billion dollar question. Not sure who could carry it. I wouldn't want Nolan to direct but I'd like him to cast it. He has great taste. But if you're rebooting then do the whole thing; new cast, writers, director. I like JJ but I think he'd just do Spielberg. It would need a whole new feel, the way its shot, the music, everything. Maybe more gritty, like Rambo 4 or something. It's possible -- no one could imagine a movie Batman without that 60's TV show tune until Burton's Batman. It would take someone with a very clear view of a whole new Indy.

I honestly wouldn't mind a reboot if it was done with the right players. I was actually excited when I read that April fools joke about JJ Abrams directing an Indy reboot, I think he would be a great fit. It should wait till George bites the big one though, so it's free of his input.

It was nothing short of a sympathy Oscar. He'd had far better roles in far better movies. If he hadn't passed away, the huge TDK obsession would not have been there, and he'd likely have won one down the road for a more deserving role.

I agree. The Academy showed what contempt they truly have for this genre, by not even giving Nolan a nomination for one of the best movies to come out last year

While there is still breath in Harrison's body, I do not want to see anybody else play Indy.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Let them kill off Indy in the films (give Ford the onscreen death he's been waiting for) and run with Mutt Williams for future films. They've already set it up anyway. I have little faith that Shia could pull it off being the little smarmy mouthed bastard he is, but I'd give it a chance.

Yep, I'm not opposed to him going out in a blaze of glory! Like you though, I have little faith in Shia to fill those awfully big Aldens.

From what they hinted at, which is one of the few things I liked about KOTCS, was that he'll be having his own shoes and hat, not daddy's.

From what they hinted at, which is one of the few things I liked about KOTCS, was that he'll be having his own shoes and hat, not daddy's.

True, that was one of the very few moments in the film I enjoyed also :lol I was in the theater literally groaning in dismay as the hat blew to his feet. Definitely eager to see what develops, for better or worse.

Personally, as much as i loved a good sequel that holds up yo the original trilogy, meeting the impossibly high expectations hyped up through childhood nostalgia, im happy to let indy rest on screen. Same for ghostbusters and bttf. Lightning in a bottle. No reboot while harrison is around, id rather have a character piece on his older indy than a young indy reboot starring some1 like chris pine 4 example

Harrison seems to kick some ass in his latest movie (Cowboys and Aliens) There are scenes where he's riding a horse (and really fast) It wouldnt amaze me if they make him jump from the moving horse to the alien's ship! hahaha

True, that was one of the very few moments in the film I enjoyed also :lol I was in the theater literally groaning in dismay as the hat blew to his feet. Definitely eager to see what develops, for better or worse.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol I remember cringing and getting ready for a facepalm at that scene. My wife asked what was wrong for me to be acting like she does during horror movies. I guess the greater majority of people will never understand. :lol

KOTCS was fun at parts.. but lame in a lot of parts... in the end though.. as much as I wished it were better.. would still rather have a so-so Indy movie than none at all.. you gotta admit.. had there not been KOTCS there likely would not have been such a resurgance in Indy collectibles.. so I say bring on another movie.. may not love it like Raiders.. but I'll get something out of it..

Back