Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it worked for JJ Abrams and Star Trek. It can be done. Heck, I see a big difference in the way Ford portrayed Indy in Raiders and the other 3, so I don't necessarily think his character was altogether consistent. There's some room for interpretation as long as the essence of the character is right.

If they wanted a whole new character, they can make a serial set in the 1900-1910s about the guy who found the Cross of Coronado and gave Indy his hat!

It's always possible to do a good one. Just unlikely.

Like the old Bonds, Indy has just gone the way of gags and over-the-top tongue-and-cheek. Class and style have given way to lazy filmmaking.

It took several decades and a reboot to get Bond on track again. Same with Star Trek.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Indy ain't Indy without Ford. It'd be like replacing Ford as Han Solo with another actor.... you can't.

:lecture:lecture:lecture QFT. No Ford = No Indy. I don't want a reboot of the series. If Harrison Ford can't play Indiana Jones anymore, let the series end. For me, certain actors can only be the characters they played. I would compare it to rebooting the Dirty Harry series with a new actor. You can't find an actor to replace Clint Eastwood. Not all series can be rebooted. I think it has a lot to do if the series are based on books or comics. Most books/comics are up for interpretation. It's different if an actor created the role on screen with an iconic personality like Eastwood or Ford.

Thank god you aren't a mod anymore. :banghead

WTF does that have to do with anything?! At least Dave trusted him enough to be a mod. You on the other hand... :huh

:lecture:lecture:lecture QFT. No Ford = No Indy. I don't want a reboot of the series. If Harrison Ford can't play Indiana Jones anymore, let the series end. For me, certain actors can only be the characters they played. I would compare it to rebooting the Dirty Harry series with a new actor. You can't find an actor to replace Clint Eastwood. Not all series can be rebooted. I think it has a lot to do if the series are based on books or comics. Most books/comics are up for interpretation. It's different if an actor created the role on screen with an iconic personality like Eastwood or Ford.

Yeah, I'd better accept, and actually prefer a "Mutt Williams and the ...." vs. some ****** replacing Indy. Look at the Bond series. It took them over 30 years to get back on track.

I have to admit I'll be there opening night hoping for a great Indy adventure.:D This is a make or break one lets hope GL & SS redeem themselves on #5.

That's the thing about being an Indy fan, even indestructible refrigerators and George of the Jungle Ledouche can't keep me away from the fifth film should it come to pass.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was awesome :rock
And now more news that we will get another Indy adventure
crazylol.gif

More Indy Collectibles too, Yesssssssssssss!

Yeah, I'm a sucker. For as much as I didn't care for KOTCS, of course I'll go see the new flick. Then I can complain how much it sucked. :monkey3

In all seriousness, I would love for this one to be a hit. Maybe it'll jumpstart the collectibles market again.

Yeah, I'm a sucker. For as much as I didn't care for KOTCS, of course I'll go see the new flick. Then I can complain how much it sucked. :monkey3

In all seriousness, I would love for this one to be a hit. Maybe it'll jumpstart the collectibles market again.

Are there defibrillators powerful enough? Hopefully this new film will pimpslap manufacturers into line with how to properly produce and market Indy merchandise.

I would like to see Indy 5 be shot completely in the trees. Everywhere they go, they have to swing. Maybe Mutt could be replaced by a Chimp or something, and only Indy can understand him.

Maybe they could have Indy and Mutt/Chimp run into a real life Tarzan and Jane, who are really aliens, and have crystal eyes.

Back