Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminders...

indy-skulls-07.JPG

21339588-21339593-large.jpg

VPL-HW10_indianajones_alien_large.jpg

gophers.jpg

south-park-indy2.JPG

Last edited:
I'd be willing to watch Indiana Jones and the Search for the Lost AARP Card. TotCS wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough not to want another Indy film.

KOTCS as a whole isn't too much of a downer, to me it was only really the last 10 minutes of WTF is this doing in Indy that hurt it, that and a few of the really childish jokes like the prairie dogs and monkey stuff. Cut back on those and have the MacGuffin be something more Indy feeling and I think you'd be fine. I don't know if it was something to do with his age, I can't imagine, but the lack of whip action felt un-Indy too. I know he's old but if you're going to have him be Indy, let him really be Indy. If Stallone can pass for doing things he did as Rocky and Rambo at 60, Ford can get away with Indy doing certain things with him at 65.

Can't be any worse than the last one... can it?

It can if our hero keeps getting a larger entourage!

Each movie Indy seems to find more and more tag-alongs:

1: Indy and Marion
2: Indy, Willie and Short Round
3: Indy, Henry, Sallah and Marcus
4: Indy, Marion, Mutt, John Hurt and that triple agent guy.

So 5 should have like six people Indy has to deal with that will only clutter the plot and minimize the actual Indy action scenes with "amusing" cutaways.

Last edited:
I dunno i think it may be time for indy to pass on the torch in this one. In fairness Harrison Ford is now 68 and by the time the movie is filmed he'll be nearly 70. Theres only so much a man of 70 can do in terms of physical action, indeed if he can do any at all. As much as i love indiana jones the age factor is going to prevent harrison from doing a lot of basic stunts and actions. I wouldn't want to see them resorting to stuntmen or cgi every time harrison has to jump or run very fast.

So yeah I think they need to give him a good ending where he can bow out gracefully and maybe introduce a younger jones along the lines of maybe a river phoenix character who was great in his short cameo in the last crusade. I think the idea of indiana jones maybe getting a little stale for people and they probably need to move into new territory to keep the series alive. That is if the appetite of the general public is still there. :whip

It's amazing that even at that age, he could probably still kick your ass. :lol I think it'd work if they kept him still hard-edged, but embraced his age. It'd work for some real comedic moments but at the same time, don't overdo it as to strip away the hardest hitting (at least sound-wise) action hero to date.

I want to see an Indy movie directed by Clint Eastwood. One more with old Indy would be fine, just let Eastwood direct his final adventure.

Not sure I want to see a grumpy, old, alcohol abusing, racist Indy. :dunno :p

I found Indy 4 to be much closer to the original flavor and style of it's predecessors then the Star Wars Prequils were to the originals... Bring on Indy 5!

Of course I went to see Indy 4 five times in theatres. :)

I saw Indy 4 again. It only gets worse with every subsequent viewing.

The novelty of seeing Indy back in action was gone, same with seeing Marion again. With the adolescent humor even more obvious, I was left with the same feeling I had after viewing "The Phantom Menace". I refer to it as, "The Jar Jar Effect".

Ford has to pass the torch to another younger actor and Spielberg/Lucas need to take the series back to the 30's/40's. They also need to give it some grittiness or edge. Put the merchandising angle aside for once and work on providing a purely excellent film that can stand by itself.

If we're going to get a new actor we might as well get a whole new character. Nothing wrong with being a little creative instead of going back to the same well.

I agree that Ford is getting too old for the character and I think it could work with another actor and another (great) director. I've always felt David Boreanaz would be a great Indy. He's got the right mixture of physicality, anger and humor in the Indy character. And I'm sure there are tons and tons of brilliant young directors that could make an exciting Indy film that is true to Raiders and worthy of the franchise.

I did enjoy Crystal Skull and I found it in the same vein as ToD and LC (ESPECIALLY Last Crusade). I thought they kept Indy's character appropriate to his age, coming across as an old bruiser type of guy. But I have come to accept that Raiders was the anomaly in that it was and continues to be the closest thing to perfection that has ever graced the silver screen!

Just as with StarWars, the less Lucas is involved with anything outside of initial concepts, the better. Spielberg and Ford didn't want any of that alien crap (and neither did most people who wathched Indy IV). Keep him away from the script, and away from the director!!!

Lucas and Spielberg announce a major set-piece: Indy vs. a Shark! They say they want to take Indy into the 70's, then the wunderkinds giggled and tickled each other.

If we're going to get a new actor we might as well get a whole new character. Nothing wrong with being a little creative instead of going back to the same well.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Indy ain't Indy without Ford. It'd be like replacing Ford as Han Solo with another actor.... you can't.

I thought the refrigerator gag was funny.

I liked the aliens spin.

I'll gladly see Indy 5. KotCS was loads better than Temple of Doom.

Back