Indy 4: May 2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge Indy fan, so this is exciting! I'm really not worried about Spielberg giving us a great Indy flick, but we'll see. I'm thankful to hear that we'll get it...though we've heard this kind of thing before....(excluding a script)

and if money has been the singular motivation....whatever....worked gloriously before! :) I've dug most if not all of Spielberg's latest works

here's to Fortune and Glory!
Trev

Here's the way I look at it. If this is what it takes to get the Indy license rolling again, that's more important to me than the Movie itself! ROTLA is one of my all time favorites as it is with so many of us... and Lucas controls the licensing rights so I hope SSC gets it because I'm in for the whole ROTLA line!

Darklord Dave said:
How about Angie Jolie as Indy's daughter?

I have the perfect idea for a female Dr. Jones:

christmascard.jpg

I am in the I am not looking forward/expecting too much from this movie camp. I just want SS to make a 12" Indy since I sold my Toys McCoy thinking that a new/better 12" Indiana Jones was just around the corner.....man, I really regret selling that thing now....

Cheers,

Brad

Hi,
In one of the Lee's Toy Reviews(I think last month or month before) they stated that Natalie Portman was rumored to be playing Indy's daughter. Just a rumor. So maybe they are going the "pass the torch" route with this one. Agreed, 12" or PF figures would be great for the Indy liscense.
JAAKUB

I have no expectations this go round.
I mean, when Indy and company rode off into the sunset in Last Crusade, so did Marcus Brody, and several other characters that anchored the background players. I am wary of Indy's dad still being alive at this point. Unless he dies in the first few minutes....if it turns into a rollerbed chase in some hospital with dear old Dad, or some other wackadoo stuff, I will be dissapointed. Spielberg directed my all-time favorite movie, Jaws, but that doesn't mean the man can do no wrong. Note 1941.
If this Indy sours the set, look for a lot of vocalizing about it.

Still, here's to hoping it is still a good one....:duff

I'll still get the inevitable collectibles, of which I have no doubts that Sideshow will be a donor...and if Lucas has anything to do with it, one of many...:D

Darklord Dave said:
I'm interested in this, but I do agree that Ford is a bit long in the tooth for an action hero. I'm thinking there will be a kind of passing the torch to a new gen hero. How about Angie Jolie as Indy's daughter?
Wouldn't that make it Tomb Raider all over again?

I'm intrigued but I'll be pessimistic. After all this is the current Spielberg who replaced guns with walkie talkies in ET and thought Heroes is too graphic; Not the old version of Spielberg that put guns in ET and tore a person's face off in Poltergeist... :p
I hope it will good.

I just worry that Indy has gone as dramatic as he could go, story-wise. I mean, after the Holy Grail, what else could be as iconic or significant an artifact for him to seek out? This quest is gonna need something majorly emotional to get the same feeling as the (formerly) final film, because the whole grail quest was the best--and John William's theme for the grail still stands as one of the most beautiful themes ever composed. They're going to have a hard time matching the beauty of those scenes, regardless of how admittedly simple some of the parts were.

Every time I hear of HF playing Indy again, I think of the part when the little old Sultan in Aladdin protests to Jafar "but you're so old!"

I see a host of stuntmen in your future, Harrison...........

I am still skeptical the movie will happen. But, I am looking forward to it regardless.

The Indiana Jones movies are some of my favorites. I have the set of them on dvd, and, I would definitely like to see another one.

Jones Sr being alive wouldn't be that much of a stretch - maybe he snuck some grail water when no one was looking?

I was kidding about Jolie - but Portman would be good too.

Captain Aldeggon said:
I just worry that Indy has gone as dramatic as he could go, story-wise. I mean, after the Holy Grail, what else could be as iconic or significant an artifact for him to seek out? This quest is gonna need something majorly emotional to get the same feeling as the (formerly) final film, because the whole grail quest was the best--and John William's theme for the grail still stands as one of the most beautiful themes ever composed. They're going to have a hard time matching the beauty of those scenes, regardless of how admittedly simple some of the parts were.

Every time I hear of HF playing Indy again, I think of the part when the little old Sultan in Aladdin protests to Jafar "but you're so old!"

I see a host of stuntmen in your future, Harrison...........

Yeah, what are they gonna do this time? We know it takes place (at least partially) around Los Angeles and has some kind of mystery. Hmmm... Aha! I got it! Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion... yawn. :lol

dekadentdave said:
Yeah, what are they gonna do this time? We know it takes place (at least partially) around Los Angeles and has some kind of mystery. Hmmm... Aha! I got it! Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion... yawn. :lol

Maybe Indy will go to Toon Town. :D

Back