Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy 12'' line on ''pause.''

So when are these new bodies coming coming out that we've been hearing about for the last couple of years? 2029?

I wouldn't rule out Marion just yet. Sideshow's mentioned in their Q&A that female characters are on hold until they developed a new 1/6 body. As long as there's still plenty of interest in the Indy line I think she has a chance. :)

Hahaha by the time they finish that new female body maybe Indy 5 will be out.

Just out of curiosity, is the Pro considered a failure or just in need of tweaking?

The fact that it's being replaced in many instances by a Hot Toys alternative by many here gives me the impression that it's just not working.

What I find mind-boggling is how people are paying upwards of $40 bucks for just a Hot Toys nude body. I'm going to bite the bullet and get one for my Indy but I can't see myself doing so for many other figures. Just not cost effective to me. Indy is special so I'm willing to go all out, but it won't be a regular move on my part.

One last question: I remember seeing a photo from SS showing a regular Pro and one having "extensions" and/or "alterations" added in gray. Have they released any figures with these alterations? Perhaps if Indy had them, that may have helped? Don't know.

Just out of curiosity, is the Pro considered a failure or just in need of tweaking?

The fact that it's being replaced in many instances by a Hot Toys alternative by many here gives me the impression that it's just not working.

What I find mind-boggling is how people are paying upwards of $40 bucks for just a Hot Toys nude body. I'm going to bite the bullet and get one for my Indy but I can't see myself doing so for many other figures. Just not cost effective to me. Indy is special so I'm willing to go all out, but it won't be a regular move on my part.

One last question: I remember seeing a photo from SS showing a regular Pro and one having "extensions" and/or "alterations" added in gray. Have they released any figures with these alterations? Perhaps if Indy had them, that may have helped? Don't know.

I only paid $14 for a ST-1 to replace my Pro. Everything ported right over without modification, it's more muscular and proportionate and the clothes fit 10 times better on the ST-1 than they do on the TT (which is almost too snug).

Second part of your question, yes. Clone Wars Anakin and Duke both came on newer versions of the Pro and they rock. Unfortunately, Sideshow's tailoring is rather specific and they'll be almost too big.

SS is about to lose me anyway. Moving on to TOD figures without doing Marion and Sallah is pretty close to a crime for me. They might get me if they make a 2 pack of TOD Indy and Shorty. Willie before Marion and I'm finished with SS.

I swore before the line began that I would not buy any Indy merchandise unless they made a Marion figure. I have stuck to that. With her, I would have bought every figure to date (well, except for KOTCS Indy).

Sideshow has only kept my interest with Hammerhead and the Gammorean Guard in SW of late, but mostly I see a lot of polystone overload.

I only paid $14 for a ST-1 to replace my Pro. Everything ported right over without modification, it's more muscular and proportionate and the clothes fit 10 times better on the ST-1 than they do on the TT (which is almost too snug).

What's an ST-1? $14 sounds great to me!

Just one more thought about the possible TOD figures:

Maybe each figure of Indy, Mola Ram and Shorty could come with 1 Sankara Stone, kinda like an incentive to get all three figures in order to get the complete set of stones! I know Shorty never handled any of the stones in the movie, but it would give him an extra accessory to pad him. It would be a good way to split the stones, as opposed to having Indy or Mola Ram come with 2 or all 3 stones. I still think it would be Shorty to come with the mine cart as an exclusive.

Proof the line is not dead. Sideshow just put up some cool Indy snakes for sale. They do come with some kind of accessory thing called Yoda though but I'm sure with a little work he could be a good stand in for Gollum.

Proof the line is not dead. Sideshow just put up some cool Indy snakes for sale. They do come with some kind of accessory thing called Yoda though but I'm sure with a little work he could be a good stand in for Gollum.

:rotfl

when I saw today's pics, I couldn't help but think how great a 'Streets of Cairo' or 'Well of Souls' environment could look if given the attention they gave to Yoda's hut. Let's hope there's some truth to that TOD 1/6 minecar thing...

Meh I just want a Map Room environment.

Yeah but how can you get the map room environment to tag along with a star wars character. Maybe they could find a way to sneak it in with the joes.

From Cool Toy Review:
CTR: Indiana Jones has proven to be a difficult property to successfully market merchandise for. Despite the valiant efforts made in the past by every company with the license, the products were unable to find a buying audience. How has the property been for Sideshow?

BO: We’ve done well. That’s why we keep doing what we’re doing. The best way to handle Indiana Jones is with a measured approach. That’s why you haven’t seen a Shortround yet, but we will eventually get to a 12” Shortround. Right now the 12” figures are in stasis until we figure out the best direction for it. With the Premium Formats we’re hitting one or two a year, and we’re looking at doing more dioramas and statuary stuff, but from a very measured approach. We’ve been very conservative with Indiana Jones. We know there is an appeal for it, but we don’t want to cram it down your throat.

The whole interview here:
https://cooltoyreview.com/Sideshow_Collectibles_Five_Years_After.asp

Well, I wouldn't mind it if Sideshow crammed Indiana Jones down my throat. Grant you I haven't bought every item released, but Indiana is the one license that I truly get giddy over and look forward to every sneak peak and release. The more the better, I say.

That's good to hear. It shows that they are definitely still committed to the license and the 1:6 line.

That said, it's been over a year since the last 1:6 announcement of KOTCS Indy. I think the "pause" has gone long enough and it's time to get things going again! :impatient:

That's good to hear. It shows that they are definitely still committed to the license and the 1:6 line.

That said, it's been over a year since the last 1:6 announcement of KOTCS Indy. I think the "pause" has gone long enough and it's time to get things going again! :impatient:

Marion (female), Sallah (fat), Short-Round (short), Mola Ram (joints exposed), German Mechanic (joints exposed) and TOD Indy (joints exposed) all require special bodies in some way. Special bodies SSC does not have.

I think they should do a Marcus Brody or some other standard male-sized figure like the German Officer character (forget his name, Dietrich?).

Back