Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy 12'' line on ''pause.''

I'm honestly surprised no one else had posted about this yet. I was busy taking in the last of the con and traveling back to ATL and figured for sure there would have been a thread or something discussing the "news" that the line is not only NOT dead, but active and they're working on stuff. Were there no other Freaks at the Panel/Q&A? :dunno

I know a lot of folks head out of SD on Sunday, so maybe that's why.

Either that or the freaks that were there aren't Indy fans. :(

I didn't go to SDCC so I was counting on you guys for some news!

I had been disappointed to not hear a peep about the Indy line all weekend, so thanks Irish for this! Definitely sounds like good news. It's been a year since their last 1:6 announcement. I'm really hoping they'll give us a preview or a preorder at least by the end of the year!

-TOD Indy
-Short Round
-Mola Ram

That's 3 "for sure" purchases right there.

The mine car can be as well, just as long as the price is right.

Curious about the other "even cooler" possibility!

maybe they should have limited them? Indy was never a big toy seller. But the fans that exist are hardcore. Id love them to continue the line....

Brant and Brock telling us in person at SDCC that the line is "Active" and that they're working on 1:6 INDY stuff trumps anything posted in an Ask Sideshow piece months ago, imho.

Maybe this thread could just be titled "The Future of the 1:6 Sideshow INDY Line" :dunno That'd cover it all, I think.

Did they specifically say "action figures" or did they dupe you by actually referring to a 1:6 line of statues and/or dios like LOTR?

I can just see the uproar when Sideshow unveils the 1/6 scale Mola Ram statue and no one buys it, and then Sideshow says "Welp, we tried, there's just no market for Indiana Jones anymore"

I can just see the uproar when Sideshow unveils the 1/6 scale Mola Ram statue and no one buys it, and then Sideshow says "Welp, we tried, there's just no market for Indiana Jones anymore"

That'd be about consistent with how they handled the 12" figures. :lol

Screw the "Doom" sayers :lol it's time to change this misleading thread title. Indy is GO!

Did they specifically say "action figures" or did they dupe you by actually referring to a 1:6 line of statues and/or dios like LOTR?

It was a specific discussion on figures, yes.

You guys can remove the crime scene tape now. Unless they were overtly lying, the line is still alive with multiple figures (and at least one major environment) in development.

What! You mean people went overboard for no reason? Who would have thunk that. :lol

What! You mean people went overboard for no reason? Who would have thunk that. :lol

Well, in defense of the earlier discussion in this thread an Ask Sideshow answer a few months back did say that the line was "on pause". And we all know what that usually means...

But the SDCC Panel discussion was a) More recent (obviously) and b) In person, so there was no lack of clarity. It now supersedes the previous Ask Sideshow entry that started this thread. The line is still alive.

Just funny that people went overboard that the world is ending. Instead of using a level head about things.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Because every single time Sideshow's put a 12" line, on hold, they've continued releasing figures from them. :lol

You're right they hadn't but putting something on hold only means that hold. Yes, with other lines its been the end but I didn't think that was gonna be the case with Indy. I always just look at it as if they think the line will be successful after looking over things it will go back.

You're right they hadn't but putting something on hold only means that hold. Yes, with other lines its been the end but I didn't think that was gonna be the case with Indy. I always just look at it as if they think the line will be successful after looking over things it will go back.

Granted, but I remember them saying that if all the LOTR 12" sold out, they'd continue the line. It did and we got yet another excuse about how they're too hard to develop and then a year later, how they need to sell 3k of each figure just to break even, and then later that year, a halfassed promise that it would be "considered" when the new films are released. And that's just the LOTR line. :lol If the Indy line's back, great. But again, I'll believe it when I get that shipper, open it up and see a brand new offering from Sideshow's 12" Indy line. Until then, it's just more talk.

I guess its all in how you choose to approach it suppose. I tend to give my friends the benefit of the doubt. I know how much they care about the lines they have and how they want them to do well and will do them assuming they do well.

Back