Indiana Jones - Way too dark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that's not a window that gets direct sunlight or the statue isn't 'that' near. Over time the sun will kill your statue.

Why? Will he get even tanner? :lol

Seriously, this is my first PF. Is there something I need to know about sunlight/UV light and polystone, or is it the usual concern of strong sunlight bleaching colors, that kind of thing?

Last edited:
Why? Will he get even tanner? :lol

Seriously, this is my first PF. Is there something I need to know about sunlight/UV light and polystone, or is it the usual concern of strong sunlight bleaching colors, that kind of thing?

Its mostly that, fading it all out, from a paint point of view, could have an affect on the cloth over time as well, especially given the strength of the sun down here.

However, if the polystone gets real hot, while it won't break, it may start to bend and there are things worse then just fading. I've seen one that was left in sunlight and it turned green.

Basically, anything polystone, don't leave in direct sunlight.

Treat your polystone like a Mogwai:

- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Don't get it wet
- Don't feed it after midnight

Its mostly that, fading it all out, from a paint point of view, could have an affect on the cloth over time as well, especially given the strength of the sun down here.

However, if the polystone gets real hot, while it won't break, it may start to bend and there are things worse then just fading. I've seen one that was left in sunlight and it turned green.

Basically, anything polystone, don't leave in direct sunlight.

Treat your polystone like a Mogwai:

- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Don't get it wet
- Don't feed it after midnight

Thanks for the heads up! Mine is about five feet from the window, but I do like how it looks with natural sunlight.

Just bought this from a forum member,what do you think ?

Forsale001.jpg

Yes, he is way too dark. But, he can be fixed by a decent repaint artist. The sculpt is excellent, everything else can be fixed.

Well I've had two of these now and they were both dark.
One went back but I got my last one for $155.00 shipped so I'm keeping it. I guess I'll repaint it.
Questions:
Are these painted with acryllic paint?
What is the best flesh tone to use? Brand?
Are you customizers stripping down the heads first?
Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

How could Sideshow do this to such a nice sculpt???

Something I was thinking about recently...

I don't know about the rest of you, but the paint on the alternate hatless head sculpt that I received is considerably lighter than on the regular be-hatted version.

So, would it not be possible for someone to mold and cast just the hat, with an appropriate indentation on the inside to fit over the hatless sculpt? That way, nothing on the original PF needs to be re-painted, we're just adding something removable to the alternate head.

The end result would be a lighter Indy with a removable hat, and no customization to impact the value of the piece.

Bear in mind that I've never molded or cast anything before, so I have no idea if this is feasible or even possible.

This is a very good idea, and can be done with a silicon mold. The casting will have to be done with resign. I have always wanted to make a hat to fit into one of his hands.

The way you are talking about will take a little time to fix the inner part of the hat to fit his hair. Good luck with your casting. I will post pictures when I have mine done.

Just as a reminder and as a comparison to how dark Indy's can get, here's mine.

I think it's fair to say that SS really stuffed up on a number of these PF's.

This is a very good idea, and can be done with a silicon mold. The casting will have to be done with resign. I have always wanted to make a hat to fit into one of his hands.

The way you are talking about will take a little time to fix the inner part of the hat to fit his hair. Good luck with your casting. I will post pictures when I have mine done.

I'm not equipped to cast molds, so I'll hold out hope for a friendly Freak to produce some extras for sale. :D

Another thought - if we do produce a removable hat, it gives those of us with the exclusive an alternate display choice. You could have the hatless head sculpt, and then have his hat held in his hand, in place of the idol. It'd look like he's about to put his hat back on, or he just took it off.

Back