Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope Marion has the same sort of spunk she had in the first film. She was the best indy girl and I hope they don't change that.

New pic of Indy (sporting a RPG), Marion and the greaser kid...
indynewsopener.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by that pic, the giant ants are in the movie after all.....

Here is a picture of a picture showing Cate Blanchett, a sword, and Indy's neck:

indy.jpg

That's obviously from the same scene on the first shot that was shown from the movie (remember the first video posted on the official site, a zooming close-up of Indy as he's held by soldiers?). Cool. :rock

This movie is gonna be just freaking cool! I cannot begin to tell you all how excited I am.

I'd also like to add that Karen Allen looks just as beautiful as she did in Raiders and Cate Blanchett looks deliciously evil!! :love

Loving those sneak peek pics!! :rock

Trailer officially arrives on 2/14 (Valentine's Day). It will be attached to "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and also debut online:

'Indy' trailer finally on its way
Paramount, Lucasfilm prep Valentine's Day tease

By MARC GRASER, Variety

Where's Indy?

It's less than four months before Paramount and Lucasfilm unspool "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," on May 22, but the marketing campaign for the fourth installment of the franchise has yet to crack a whip and offer up footage from the pic.

There's been no teaser, no trailer, no Super Bowl spot; just a one-sheet and exclusive photos handed to magazines like Vanity Fair and Empire or posted on IndianaJones.com.

That comes as a surprise at a time when Hollywood is eager to start hyping its summer tentpoles a year in advance -- and when it's been 19 years since the last Indy adventure, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade." First trailers for Par and Marvel's "Iron Man" and Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight" bowed last summer, for example.

But when it comes to "Crystal Skull," Par and Lucasfilm have shown little other than a brief presentation of Steven Spielberg and his cast on set during Comic-Con last July.

That will change next week.

Par will attach the first teaser for "Crystal Skull" to fantasy pic "The Spiderwick Chronicles" on Feb. 14, with the spot to hit the Web shortly thereafter.

Reason for the delay is that the film only recently wrapped, so much of the material that would go into a memorable trailer just wasn't ready until now.

Awareness and anticipation also is already high for the pic, so producers didn't feel the need to show too much too soon.

"In the case of Indiana Jones, he's such a well-known character that it's not like you have to get out there and introduce something new," said Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. "You tailor the campaign to the material. We also want to keep a lot of the surprises. That's part of the fun."

Indy, however, isn't the only slow-show in the summer lineup so far.

Universal and Marvel have also kept "The Incredible Hulk" under wraps, and U has yet to show a trailer for the third installment in its "Mummy" franchise or New Line with "Sex and the City."

"We also want to keep a lot of the surprises. That's part of the fun."

:rolleyes: So much of this plot has already leaked and I know most of the surprises so far. I wish Lucasfilm had better control of these things like the Cloverfield people - I didn't hear or see anything right up till opening day. Sure I could've tried to avoid them, oh well. :monkey5

Back