Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Temple of Doom Indiana Jones PF confirmed

From what I understand, we may see a prototype of this PF before May. I'm new to collecting, so I was just wondering, is there an approximate amount of time between the unveiling of the prototype and being able to pre-order a figure?

From what I understand, we may see a prototype of this PF before May. I'm new to collecting, so I was just wondering, is there an approximate amount of time between the unveiling of the prototype and being able to pre-order a figure?

Depending on the stage, 2 to 3 months.

Oh okay that's not bad at all. I'm very tempted to buy the KOTCS PF, but if we get a prototype by May and see the finished product up by August, I may be able to hold off.
Probably not though =D

I would like to see this indy pf with torn t-shirt, bd face, holding his machette and the whip on the other hand...and sankara stones as exlusives on 1/4 scale instead of two heads...i would prefer the hat to be just removable from mixed materials and not just resin ;)

This is how I'd love for it look:

306.jpg

307.jpg

I just love that part of the movie! Short Round just saved Indy and Wille. Indy just woke up from his "black sleep of kali" and he's pissed! :gun Just the way it builds with the music, then up from when the girl gets picked up to everyone stoping what they are doing, then slowly the mine cart reveals Indy from the darkness, then BAM, guard slides like 15 feet lol! :lol

Last edited:

I agree Devastator, that shot is probably the best in the movie, particularly because of the clever reveal. That scene and the fight on the conveyor belt are probably my favorites. By the way, did you know that scene was filmed almost exclusively with Ford's stunt double, because he was in California with back problems?
However, I think a lot of people want to see a more iconic pose, with, as Jim stated, the machete and the ripped shirt, probably in the scene where he fights the two swordsmen.
Let's just hope whatever he looks like, we see him soon! =D

LOL! I was gonna put that! After that badass reaveal, Vic Armstrong did rest of the fight :duh oh wells :rolleyes: But yea that one would be dope too, would be a nice use of the torn clothes and metal sword. Yea I cant wait to see him either :whip

Haha, I guess there's more than one hardcore Indy fan on this forum. Just kidding, this place is stocked full of them lol.
It might be nice to get an uncoiled whip on this PF. I don't remember the scene exactly, but seeing Indy with a machete at ready in one hand and the uncoiled whip in the other, like he's about to strike, could be pretty awesome.

The machete is ToD. We can't have a PF Indy without it.

Haha, I guess there's more than one hardcore Indy fan on this forum. Just kidding, this place is stocked full of them lol.
It might be nice to get an uncoiled whip on this PF. I don't remember the scene exactly, but seeing Indy with a machete at ready in one hand and the uncoiled whip in the other, like he's about to strike, could be pretty awesome.

LOL! Dude we are all over the place here :whip :lol

The machete is ToD. We can't have a PF Indy without it.

If by sword you mean this?
371.jpg

I like this pose better:
364.jpg

Lord knows I'd kill for these two poses as PFs :rotfl
233.jpg

387.jpg

That'd be awesome!

Ahh man seeing those pictures just makes me want this PF even more.
I sent Trevor Grove a message on Deviantart about the ROTLA PF and how much I loved it and he mentioned finishing the TOD sculpt, and being very proud of that one as well.
The anticipation is killing me. It was so much easier before I got interested in collecting this stuff lol

Yeah Starkiller, I imagine that's the image most people think of when they imagine Indy in Temple of Doom.
To me it doesn't seem "kinetic" enough, it just seems very static, you know? It very well could be though, seeing as the previous two Indy PFs have been in a kind of resting stance. ROTLA is standing in triumph, and KOTCS is kinda taking a break. So yeah, this could be similar to the pose we'll see.
Prove me wrong Sideshow! Please!

While there are quite a few "no brainer" poses for this PF, I would be fine with a completely original pose. The Raiders PF doesn't utilize any pose from the film, but I think it captures the essence of Indy perfectly. :whip

While there are quite a few "no brainer" poses for this PF, I would be fine with a completely original pose. The Raiders PF doesn't utilize any pose from the film, but I think it captures the essence of Indy perfectly. :whip

Definitely. Especially that smirk, it's perfect. Totally Ford/Indy.

Needs Machete, torn shirt & Sankara stones. ;)

SOME POSSES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:gun:whip

Back