Indiana Jones PF EX Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments everyone. Trevor's sculpt really is amazing and I cannot wait to see what others come up with.

unbelievable work bro!!!!!! just insane!!! how did you strip the paint?

I used Acetone, which you can get in any hardware type store. I use a heavy duty paint brush to 'paint' the acetone onto the head. The paint eventually begins to melt away so I use a paper towel or cloth to wipe it away. I go back and forth with paint brush and cloth until it's clean - (Or as clean as possible).

On plastic type heads, too much acetone can damage the head if you hit it with too much acetone. The polystone, however, seemed to hold up well.

BTW, I recommend using gloves when using acetone. It doesn't burn or anything - it's actually very cold because it evaporates so quickly - but who knows what this stuff can do to you.

Outstanding work Jeff ! You have truly turned this into a museum piece ! Give yourself a pat on the back, you've earned it !

Wait until Trevor sees this ! :D

P1000990.jpg

This image is awesome! You should post these in the Indy PF image thread if you haven't already.

I stripped it. I used acetone and was nervous that it might hurt the polystone but there were no problems. There was a ton of paint on him so I wanted to see if there was more detail underneath.

I also think for a good repaint the original paint has to be removed - painting over it, no matter how thin your paint is (it still has to cover), will erase detail from the sculpt. Even more so with smaller scale like 1/6.

You have done a great job with your repaint; skin, beard, eyes and the hat looks real.

Bravo :)

What type of pastel do you recommend Rugby?

I've been using PanPastel Artist Pastels. They are already in fine powder form - you have to grind the ones that come in stick form and it's hard to get it super-super fine. Again, I use very very little at a time and build it up slowly. They're a bit expensive but you'll never run out.

Again, I'm no expert and everyone's got their own way of doing things. I've been having a blast though.

this is why i MUST have the exclusive version so someone can do this for mine. the factory Indy is great but this takes it to the level i want my Indy to be at.

AWESOME work.

Thanks for looking everyone and thanks for all the complements! You all rock and are too kind! :bow

So many great artists and fans on this board. :duff

I didn't read through the entire thread is your handy work for sale?? I would be interested in getting both heads touched up.. that sounded kinda dirty... :eek:

Back