Indiana Jones PF EX Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugby1970

Super Freak
Reaction score
Over the last few days I've been taking a stab at repainting my PF Indy. Whew... it's my first PF repaint and its harder than I thought it would be. Cannot wait to see what others can do with this great sculpt. Here are some completed photos to be followed by some 'in progress' stuff.

P1010022_2.jpg

P1020001.jpg

P1010014.jpg

It's a tricky piece to photograph... you can see the effect different lighting has on the piece.

Thanks guys. It was trickier to execute than I thought.

Stripping off the paint was scary but I think it was worth it to get a bit more detail.

Funny that the faces were cast in flesh colored polystone while the hat was in white polystone... makes me wonder if they considered alternate painting techniques.

That is some awesome work, though he looks like he's been tanning with goggles on. Could be the lighting??

Regardless, don't take that as rude criticism because it's a 100% improvement and I can have mine to you by next week :whip

I'm guessing you stripped the paint? Or did you recast the head?

I stripped it. I used acetone and was nervous that it might hurt the polystone but there were no problems. There was a ton of paint on him so I wanted to see if there was more detail underneath.

That is some awesome work, though he looks like he's been tanning with goggles on. Could be the lighting??

Regardless, don't take that as rude criticism because it's a 100% improvement and I can have mine to you by next week :whip

Ha ha. No not problem. Getting the tan right was the trickiest thing... I'm still not 100% happy with it but the overall effect works I think. I kept pushing how tan he was and how much of his face was tan until I finally had to stop before I went too far or too crazy or both.

Ha ha. No not problem. Getting the tan right was the trickiest thing... I'm still not 100% happy with it but the overall effect works I think. I kept pushing how tan he was and how much of his face was tan until I finally had to stop before I went too far or too crazy or both.

No I think the tan is actually perfect, but it looks like the flesh around his eyes are much lighter, though like I said it very well could be lighting.

I honestly couldn't even imagine tackling such a task. You should be proud.

Back