Indiana Jones painted face sculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least in the initial press release $69.99 was the low-end for the Indy figures... so my guess is he'll be $74.99. Just a feeling.

I'm really excited about this figure! I think he looks great and with SSCs increasingly goodheadsculpts and paint apps. he might just be close to perfect. $70 sounds like a lot, but I'm thinking he'll loaded with accessories and extras, not to mention the new body.

Yeah, looks like the new body. :rock

I'm really happy about that. I am so tired of having my SSC figures stare forward and not be able to look down. It's a killer for finding any decent poses. :lol

Well, that pic of Indy is INCREDIBLE.....I want to know how close (or not) actual production pieces will look....!

Wow!

If price is $85ish, I will not be surprised, or upset!!!

Last edited:
I figured they would be debuting the new body with Indy and the neck looks different to me also so I think this is it. I hope this is it.

hate to be pessimistic, but the paint apps on that figure and the costume look way way waaaay too nice. personally, i feel there is no way indy will turn out anywhere near that good. i would love it if he did, but it has "unachievable proto" written all over it. i'd rather have seen something closer to what we're actually going to get.

Have faith bro! Just keep Old Ben in mind.:D

Looks like a new body. The neck, the forearms look different and the knee joint looks different as well. The sculpt and paint rock. Not sure about that jacket though, looks to be the same material used on the Terminator. Maybe it just needs weathered.

Well, that pic of Indy is INCREDIBLE.....I want to know how close (or not) actual production pieces will look....!

Wow!

If price is $85ish, I will not be surprised, or upset!!!

Let's face it. Sideshow could get almost a Hot Toys price for this and none of us would blink. It's still a better deal (and a better sculpt) than the Toys McCoy figure.

I can't say this for the enire line, but whatever they charge, I'll buy it.

Although that wouldn't be the same sculpt we saw awhile back. Unless the chopped off the neck? What do you guys think?

jones.jpg

I'm confused....What happened to the other Indy head sculpt??? I must be crazy, I kinda liked the one below better. Is it the same sculpt???

I'm confused....What happened to the other Indy head sculpt??? I must be crazy, I kinda liked the one below better. Is it the same sculpt???

Comparing the pictures, they don't look like the same sculpt. The one below has thinner cheeks and is a closer likeness to Harrison. I wonder what happened.

It's surely gotta be the same sculpt right? The paint does make the face a bit wider and fatter looking.

I have to say I'm rather disappointed. It may be the same sculpt but even with the nice paint apps, it doesn't hit home. It held so much hope for me, this Trev sculpt, but painted it doesn't hold up to the promise. This would most likely be an in house paint job, so expect less from the production. As always, in hand will tell the tale.

In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter....a lot of us customizers were probably going to repaint it anyhow, regardless of whether it is the same sculpt or not........The comparison photos are weird, they look so vastly different at first glance!

Last edited:
mostly due to lighting and the more subtle mustache of the digital paintup. If light doesn't catch Ford's upper lip, he goes wonky. ( by upper lip I mean the whole area between his nose and mouth.

We chopped the neck too, so that comes into play. the neck tapered too much before because of the Buck body attachment, but it did address the look of how the muscles run up to Ford's head (the sternomastoid muscles) the sacrifice will be worth it for a more poseable head.

Trev

I just watched Raiders and Temple tonight at work, and I was really thinking about how cool it would be if they gave him the gloves. :clap

Trevor, this looks great. You've got a lot to be proud of with this figure. :rock

Back