INDIANA JONES JACKET in progess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I recognize and appreciate Kato's talent and enjoy looking at his work but... I have to ask what the occupation, salary level, life style and collection of someone who would pay this much for a single piece of 1:6 clothing

https://cgi.ebay.com/Kato-Hot-Custo...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a067eeb45

Jim

PS- I know the proper answer is it's none of my buissines

I think something to take into account is we all have our favorite thing to collect. Usually its that thing were the most ____ and a perfectionist about. For alot of people its Indy.

Tony Nowak who made the jackets Harrison wore in Crystal Skull sold his jackets for over $1000. Wested sells their Indy jacket for like $300 if I'm not mistaken.

Here you have a tailor who is just as talented, using high quality real leather, and the work is I'm sure just as taxing if not more so, as it would be to do it 1:1 scale.

The differance is Kato is only one person making a limited run, he is not going to profit from his pattern and cuts for years and years to come like Wested, so a higher price is required to justify his work.

The greatest thing about being your own boss is deciding how much you should earn. I honestly believe given that people are clearly willing to pay it, his price is fair. There are plenty of cheaper options out there, but if your one of the few who want the absolute best possible jacket, this thread is for you. If not, see you later, simple as that.

if your one of the few who want the absolute best possible jacket, this thread is for you. If not, see you later, simple as that.

I was just to post the same sentiments. Kato's stuff is no doubt a premium item. It's not for everyone, and I don't think Kato has any illusions that he's going to sell 100 pcs.

He's a truly talented tailor who confesses to only wanting to make the best items using the best materials, and he charges what he does. No hands are being forced.

I see it no differently than different painters charging different prices for their paintings (or repaints seeing as to what board this is...).

:monkey3

I think something to take into account is we all have our favorite thing to collect. Usually its that thing were the most ____ and a perfectionist about. For alot of people its Indy.

Tony Nowak who made the jackets Harrison wore in Crystal Skull sold his jackets for over $1000. Wested sells their Indy jacket for like $300 if I'm not mistaken.

Here you have a tailor who is just as talented, using high quality real leather, and the work is I'm sure just as taxing if not more so, as it would be to do it 1:1 scale.

The differance is Kato is only one person making a limited run, he is not going to profit from his pattern and cuts for years and years to come like Wested, so a higher price is required to justify his work.

The greatest thing about being your own boss is deciding how much you should earn. I honestly believe given that people are clearly willing to pay it, his price is fair. There are plenty of cheaper options out there, but if your one of the few who want the absolute best possible jacket, this thread is for you. If not, see you later, simple as that.

Thx so much for yr message !

In fact I don't hv so much time to take commission here as I am quite busy in my project with some sculptors and figure company.

I would like to invite all of you here stop discussing about the price but pls hv some fun keep looking at my work posting here as usual.

Here is my some recent progress :

There is up to now no such finest anti brass teeth zipper available in this world, I need to modify and add the anti bass color on the zipper myself

cimg1743f.jpg

cimg1744s.jpg

It takes me weeks to order such simple brown size 0 zippers and this is not cheap as well (when including the shippment fee)

I need to stop making this jacket for a short while until i hv borrowed the real one (made by the same jacket maker as in the movie) for detail workmenship reference

Thx for watching my work!

Last edited:
I was just to post the same sentiments. Kato's stuff is no doubt a premium item. It's not for everyone, and I don't think Kato has any illusions that he's going to sell 100 pcs.

He's a truly talented tailor who confesses to only wanting to make the best items using the best materials, and he charges what he does. No hands are being forced.

I see it no differently than different painters charging different prices for their paintings (or repaints seeing as to what board this is...).

:monkey3

Thx so much for yr post too!

Last edited:
Last few weeks I hv borrowed one Indy's jacket from one professional Indy's collector for size and workmenship reference. This is the same as the one in the moive "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (NOT THE WEST JACKET)

I hv thrown away the old pattern and remake this new pattern. Whatever the style, size, and almost every single detail i hv try my best to followed this jacket and make it in 1:6 scale.

Of course I am using the genuine leather for making this 1:6 jacket as well. The pocket, zipper front opening, collar is finished. I put it on to see the fitting :

cimg1811u.jpg

cimg1809j.jpg

cimg1810.jpg

This is the collar i hv been making for several days, only 2 out of 10pcs is adopted due to its difficulties and my high requirement of the quality

The making up method is almost following the real jacket in the movie. It has collar and collar stand with super fine edge stitches.

cimg1812v.jpg

70% completed :
I am satisfied for the natural folding of the collar shape
cimg1815f.jpg

The top stitches along the armhole.
I decide single topstitches rather than double topstitches due to the fabric thickness and sewing thread can not reach the same 1:6 scales effect.
cimg1813u.jpg

Back