'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one thing -- the idea of the aliens' involvement in human history predates Däniken by at least a century, and his work is overall of such a dodgy quality that someone as knowledgeable about lore and myth as Lucas would probably not base this storyline on Chariots of the Gods.

While that makes perfect sense (and I know about the theory of aliens being involved in human history being around forever) "Chariots of The Gods" was cited to me as somewhat of an influence on Lucas' INDY IV plot idea by someone within Lucasfilm as far back as 1999. And Däniken was indeed among the first to attempt to tie the Crystal Skulls themselves into the whole lore. It's worth mentioning... especially when people still seem surprised at the idea of alien stuff being mentioned in the movie at all.

I'll try to snag these from the local distributor. :D

Just one thing -- the idea of the aliens' involvement in human history predates Däniken by at least a century, and his work is overall of such a dodgy quality that someone as knowledgeable about lore and myth as Lucas would probably not base this storyline on Chariots of the Gods. This may yet surprise people...

A special note to collectors -- This poster is an authentic, double-sided theatrical one-sheet that is identical to those that will be displayed in the movie theater light boxes. In the past, StarWarsShop has offered theatrical one-sheets to collectors before the film's rating is printed on the poster, which any collector will tell you these days is the more common variation. We're offering the rarer rated version to our shoppers, and will ship them as soon as they're available in April, well ahead of the film's release.

Note: The image accompanying this listing showcases the non-rated version -- you'll be receiving the rarer rated version.

I'm actually really tempted to get this. I'm not a huge movie poster fan but I really like the look of this. Knowing it will be the last Indy movie (most likley) makes it something I might have to purchase.

Thanks for the link. I ordered a poster. Don't have any wall space to hang all my Indy posters, but it'll be nice to complete the collection for all the films.

A special note to collectors -- This poster is an authentic, double-sided theatrical one-sheet that is identical to those that will be displayed in the movie theater light boxes. In the past, StarWarsShop has offered theatrical one-sheets to collectors before the film's rating is printed on the poster, which any collector will tell you these days is the more common variation. We're offering the rarer rated version to our shoppers, and will ship them as soon as they're available in April, well ahead of the film's release.

Note: The image accompanying this listing showcases the non-rated version -- you'll be receiving the rarer rated version.

Yeah, Karma, I noticed that statment too over at the Star Wars Shop website. That is cool. I've collected movie posters, or "one-sheets" for over 23 years. I've got many teasers, and second advance posters for movies, that will sometimes have the full credits but no movie rating. I'm happy to know I'll be getting this new Drew Struzan poster WITH the movie rating on it. I have a feeling it may be PG-13. What do you guys think? PG-13, or PG?

I think all the RAIDERS films are PG-13 type movies. Afterall, TOD ushered in the rating (though it was actually rated PG). If the rating were around, the first two films would definitely have been PG-13.

I think all the RAIDERS films are PG-13 type movies. Afterall, TOD ushered in the rating (though it was actually rated PG). If the rating were around, the first two films would definitely have been PG-13.

Sure...agreed. So, when Spielberg put out Temple Of Doom he suggested to the president of the M.P.A.A. that a new stronger PG rating for teens 13 and above be created. So...the first PG-13 movie was "Red Dawn" in 1985. I was 14 years old, and thought it was cool way back then that I could get in to see it. It became one of my favorite movies to this day. :D

Awesome high res version.
posterbetter-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Winstone provided the voice of Beowulf. I got the Beowulf Director's Cut DVD, and the body of Beowulf, is definitely not Ray Winstone. He even admits he's a short and tubby Englishman! The physique of Beowulf is director Robert Zemeckis's and the production crew's own vision of Beowulf as a perfect physically fit man able to take on monsters with his bare hands.

Okay. I didn't really know he was in it either until they showed him at the ComicCon presentation with the rest of the cast, and the "suprise" of Karen Allen coming back as Marion Ravenwood! Awesome! :D

I like this latest pic from Film Review magazine...

flmreview_april08_2.jpg

I think Harrison Ford is right where he should be for a final send off for this character(appearance wise)......If he got any older than this he would not be believable as a physical action hero(IMHO)

Back