'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally watched this movie. I rather enjoyed it. I felt it was ridiculous in spots, but so is every other Indy movie and that's what makes Indy fun.

:lecture:lecture:clap

Could not agree more...except that 'ridiculous' part about 'every other' Indy movie, I'd say that only for the sequels. I personally think ROTLA is near perfect. The humour and anything that could be 'over-the-top' is just believable enough in Raiders. I thank Kasdan's script and Spielberg's gritty film-making at the time for that.

In terms of the sequels, the more I think about it, the more I think they're just about par. The humour and goofiness of KOTCS is no more so than TLC, so I think they arrived at the 'sequel' formula for the Indy franchise with TLC. Sure, the story wasn't as strong for KOTCS, but I still enjoyed it for the rollicking good time that it was. I wasn't going in to the film expecting another Raiders anyways, so I got pretty much what I prepared myself for.

Plus, it was cool to see Indy throwing those haymakers again! :rock

Back