Indiana Jones and The Calendar of Broken Wallets: A Collector's Planning Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing since no one has hear about them yet, they're probably exclusive there. I threw away the box, but the box has the same look and style as the new Indy toys. It had that temple background, the whip.. whipping, and the Indy profile pic from the old poster. The box said "Tumblers" on it. It should be an easy thing to spot. And my bad, but they're $12.99. That's not too shabby though.

Also... it said LIMITED EDITION on the back. Dude, they're only gonna be making like 20,000,000 of these, so movie your butts!:D

EDIT: Dug out the box and looked closely. The copyright definetly makes it sound Blockbuster exclusive.

Last edited:
I stopped off at a Blockbuster on my lunch break. Upon inquiring, I was told they had the Indy glasses in the back, but weren't allowed to put them out on the floor yet. Probably within the week. Anyways, I had the sales associate reserve me a set. Hopefully they follow through and call me. She indicated they had two dozen sets, so I think the glasses should be easy to find.

In addition to the KOTCS photo set and glasses, Blockbuster will carry Indy fedoras, baseball caps and will have Indy artwork splashed on the food products they sell, like the popcorn tubs. And I'm sure more stuff will come out as time goes on.

I stopped off at a Blockbuster on my lunch break. Upon inquiring, I was told they had the Indy glasses in the back, but weren't allowed to put them out on the floor yet. Probably within the week. Anyways, I had the sales associate reserve me a set. Hopefully they follow through and call me. She indicated they had two dozen sets, so I think the glasses should be easy to find.

In addition to the KOTCS photo set and glasses, Blockbuster will carry Indy fedoras, baseball caps and will have Indy artwork splashed on the food products they sell, like the popcorn tubs. And I'm sure more stuff will come out as time goes on.

:google :google :google

My wallet = :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Went to two Blockbusters today and had no luck. But if they aren't supposed to be out yet, I guess I'll keep checking back throughout the week and weekend until I get lucky.

Few more bits added to Indianajonesshop.com.....

No less than 6 calendars...Some playing cards and a backpack.

Broken wallets indeed if you are a completist!

Few more bits added to Indianajonesshop.com.....

No less than 6 calendars...Some playing cards and a backpack.

Broken wallets indeed if you are a completist!

I was waiting for the calendars. I usually like to flip through them before buying them, but I may pick up that special edition version online.

Snagged a set of the glasses at Blockbuster today. :chew They didn't have the 11X14 photos in stock yet.

I got my glasses! I couldn't get to BLockbuster yesterday, but apparently they put them out on Wednesday and by this morning there were only two sets left. The manager was surprised at how fast the glasses had sold and tried to get me to buy a hat as well. The DVD case looked cool, but it's not in the budget.

DVD case??

There is a resin DVD case that is a steamer trunk kind of thing with travel stickers, etc. and Indy's hat (I think) and whip (for sure) and the top came off so it can hold your Indiana Jones DVD collection. Price was $50, I think.

(But I'm waiting for something that will hold my eventual Indiana Jones Blu-ray collection.)

There is a resin DVD case that is a steamer trunk kind of thing with travel stickers, etc. and Indy's hat (I think) and whip (for sure) and the top came off so it can hold your Indiana Jones DVD collection.

Holy....! Cool. How much is it??

Got the following today....

12" talking Indy (crap, crap, crap, crap....but his coat and shoes and whips were worthy)
12" Whip Indy (switched talking coat to, and he looks much better, will work on...)
12" Mutt (more crap, but will be customizing soon)
12" Swordsman (Best of the litter. Will customize some, but not bad!)
(1/6 ARK ORDERED! Check is literally in the mail!)

3 3/4 Indy with horse (I've always wanted this as a toy!)

Those will suffice for now. No truck or other ROTLA ones yet. All they had at my Walmart was half of the Raiders and all of the Crystal Skull figs. I'm good for now.

You beat me to it! :thwak

BTW, how's the Swordsman 12"? Is it at least halfway decent, as it appears in the pics?

The 12" Indys look horrible. :monkey4

The 12" Indys are RANK dude! :lol Below government standards!
BUT, I can put the halfway decent molded shoes on my own custom, (I like 'em!) and I LOVE the whip Indy's bag! It needs that buckle at mid chest, but it is an awesome extra for a Hasbro!

The Swordsman is the BEST of the lot, BY FAR! I literally threw away the stupid snakes that come with him (snakes???Why that for this guy???) and he will do some body shifting soon. He is too small for my 12" custom, not sure why...hasbro bodies???...anyway, he's not bad though. Needs garments under that robe though...dude's packing heat under there! :lol

Anyway, the Mutt is rough, but I figured I'd use the halfway decent pants and shirt, and repaint the face, and put a jacket on him, get him some better accessories, and he'll be ok for me. Not that worried about Mutt.

That Talking Indy is WEIRD though! :lol THE oddest mouth thing ever! I was showing dudes at Walmart, and the whole electronics department was cracking up at it! There are sad things possible with that figure. At least the coat, WITH ALTERATIONS, is servicable, and the folded whip is nice for me, since I didn't have one I liked for my custom Indy anyway. There are bits.
Most all goes to my parts bin anyway...

But, swordsman is not bad at all. Seriously. Love the headsculpt. Looks just like him to me. Can't wait to paint it! :rock

Added: Kids will LOVE these though! For playing, they are ok! The whipping Indy will CRACK YOU UP! Funny as hell! WHiipppow!!! WHiipppow!!! WHiipppow!!!

Thanks for the feedback and mini-reviews! :rock

It's all about the 1/6 Ark for me, so I will grin and bear the horrific Hasbro 12" figs. Aside from the Swordsman, I'll probably just open them and give them to my son anyway.

Speaking of the Ark, I will destroy Hasbro if it's not electro-plated like the one shown at Toy Fair and is just painted in cheesy gold dull paint, like the 3.75" one.

Back