Indiana Jones and The Calendar of Broken Wallets: A Collector's Planning Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! THanks! That is pretty comprehensive. I wonder if there will be loot and more with the next waves of Temple and Crusade figs! Thanks for that link Screaming!

I'm after the Chalice, the Skull (looks small though), the Spear of Destiny (looks to be about 1/6) and Nurchachi's urn! THanks!
Of all the Relics they've shown, that's one of only two that have a comparison picture and to me it appears to be 3 3/4" scale:
Indy-059.jpg

Too bad because it would be awesome to have one in 1:6 scale.

The chalice of Kali is unfortunately too small to be sixth scale, although I suppose it could do in a pinch (maybe it's a shrunken head or something...) The best relic I've gotten so far is without a doubt the idol from Raiders that comes with Belloq. It looks good with the 12" Whipping Indy figure.

Is it just me or does the skull that comes with Spalko (which I don't have yet) look very different from the one in the movie? The movie one is elongated, almost like an ALIEN (from the movie ALIEN) skull, while the relic looks like a conehead.

Indy-084.jpg

It doesn't look like the movie skull at all, and it's also way too small for 1/6 scale. It's more in scale for a 6" figure.

The chalice of Kali is unfortunately too small to be sixth scale, although I suppose it could do in a pinch (maybe it's a shrunken head or something...) The best relic I've gotten so far is without a doubt the idol from Raiders that comes with Belloq. It looks good with the 12" Whipping Indy figure.

Is it just me or does the skull that comes with Spalko (which I don't have yet) look very different from the one in the movie? The movie one is elongated, almost like an ALIEN (from the movie ALIEN) skull, while the relic looks like a conehead.

Thanks for the Chalice of Kali scale clarification. I hope Sideshow gives us one with their Mola Ram.
The skull doesn't look the same, but I think that's due to Hasbro not having the real prop reference material. Because that skull looks like a Crystal version of elongated Human Inca skulls.

Going back out today to get more loot (and get more prop prizes!)! Can't wait to show my set! These are fun! I haven't collected 3 3/4"ers in ages!

Mother^^^^s!!! :banghead I bet it will have bonus content, too! :banghead

Crap. Gotta order it (and I guess use the paperback for scanning and everyday use).

Sneaky bastards. :tap

Got my hardback copy from Amazon uk today......no bonus content though.
Fantastic book......Love all the production photos.....:whip

The price on Amazon us seems a little high though....mine was roughly 30 dollars...Maybe the one listed on there is an import?

I just picked up a Crystal Skull Indy, Raiders Idol Indy, and a Ugha Warrior. It took me an half hour looking through shelf after shelf of about 60-70 figures just trying to find a couple decent Indys. The Crystal Skull one was the best one I bought. The best likeness and paint I saw was on a whipping Indy, but decided to put him back (I don't like action features). I hope to get enough of these guys to get the mail away skeleton. Just two more to go, not sure which ones though.

I just picked up a Crystal Skull Indy, Raiders Idol Indy, and a Ugha Warrior. It took me an half hour looking through shelf after shelf of about 60-70 figures just trying to find a couple decent Indys. The Crystal Skull one was the best one I bought. The best likeness and paint I saw was on a whipping Indy, but decided to put him back (I don't like action features). I hope to get enough of these guys to get the mail away skeleton. Just two more to go, not sure which ones though.

I'm sending away for four of the mail away skeletons...:D and a 1/6 ark.

I'm sending away for four of the mail away skeletons...:D and a 1/6 ark.

That's just crazy, why stop at 4 when you need 13 to activate the ship? :monkey5
Good luck, you're gonna to need it.
For you, I'd hate to see Hasbro release the skeleton as a regular release sometime down the line.
It's a possibility, there's a reason they kept it hidden, they didn't want to spoil the movie ahead of time. ;)

That's just crazy, why stop at 4 when you need 13 to activate the ship? :monkey5
Good luck, you're gonna to need it.
For you, I'd hate to see Hasbro release the skeleton as a regular release sometime down the line.
It's a possibility, there's a reason they kept it hidden, they didn't want to spoil the movie ahead of time. ;)

I'm only sending away for the four because I have enough stickers for them-- I wasn't actively buying the waves saying the mantra, I must get four aliens... I must get four aliens...:lol But if they do release a Marion (KOTCS), Mac, and Oxley I'll very happily display them (the four aliens that is) raised above the appropriate characters from the finale...

Now the ark, yes I freely admit that I bought the four 12" purely for the ark... But I've managed to kit-bash an adequate Indy (paint job to come) and the Cairo swordsman looks pretty good (with some tweaking).

I'm only sending away for the four because I have enough stickers for them-- I wasn't actively buying the waves saying the mantra, I must get four aliens... I must get four aliens...:lol But if they do release a Marion (KOTCS), Mac, and Oxley I'll very happily display them (the four aliens that is) raised above the appropriate characters from the finale...

Now the ark, yes I freely admit that I bought the four 12" purely for the ark... But I've managed to kit-bash an adequate Indy (paint job to come) and the Cairo swordsman looks pretty good (with some tweaking).

That's a point I never thought of before, if you're buying the whole series then you'll easily have multiple Skeletons. I just hope at least one is left over for me.

The Ark is definitely cool, but if Sideshow is going to make anything non-figure from this franchise, it'll be the ark. I think it's a given, so I'll wait for Sideshow's version.

Yeah, I already sent away for 1 skeleton and have enough stickers for another. Depending on how they're made, I might turn one into a "decapitated" skeleton.

I got just enough for one and one Ark. I'm hoping the production Ark looks as nice as the one from TF.

Thanks to 3 friends who are army builders and didn't want the stickers... I now have enough for all 13 Crystal Skeletons. :rock (And lots of those cool carboard crates now, too).

Thanks to 3 friends who are army builders and didn't want the stickers... I now have enough for all 13 Crystal Skeletons. :rock (And lots of those cool carboard crates now, too).

Nice.... Definitely need some pics when you get that set up.

Back