Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't the huge ship just go around the Earth and wipe everyone out with its gravity pull then plant its fat ass to
Spoiler Spoiler:

But no, land so that it can be attacked.

Why didn't the huge ship just go around the Earth and wipe everyone out with its gravity pull then plant its fat ass to
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why didn't the eagles just fly Sam and Frodo to Mt. Doom? :dunno

:monkey3

Spoiler Spoiler:

I believe the official answer is "because the aliens would win and the movie would be over." Right a-dev? :monkey3

I am going to predict that I agree with Jye :lol

My feeling about the first film are the same as they have always been... One or two good money shots wrapped up in a load of dog ****.

I hated all the out of place / unfunny humor. All of the bad characters and their one note personality like Will Smith being his most Will Smithy... Harry Conick jr as Goose, Harvey Fierstein as loud obnoxious gay guy , Randy Quaid as cousin Eddy but not funny, Judd Hirsch as Super Jew guy, etc..... Blah just such bad writing... Every Joke fell flat. So if the new movie has the same kind of awful humor and characters then I am in for a long 2+ hours.

Goldblum and Pullman were about the only characters I enjoyed in that one.

Basically if this is a typical Emmerich film I am sure I will have trouble enjoying it.

I've always liked the first independence day, but to me it was always a Will Smith movie, he made that film, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't like it like I do, which I can probably say for all of Will's 90's movies, for me he made them and for me one of the reasons I have no interest in seeing this one is because there is no Will Smith. If he was in this punching more aliens in the face and then saying lines like "Welcome back to earth" I would have been there opening day.

I need to go see Shallows! :gah:

Shallows was very average... It started out great... Had a great first 1/2 hour. The second 1/2 hour was OK but started to outstay it's welcome. The last 20 min was kinda eye rolling and a big drop off from the promise of the first 1/2 hour.

Watch "The Reef" instead. Best shark movie after JAWS. It is also based on a true story that stays true to what really happened. Biggest difference was who survives and the fact it was a Tiger shark (real life) and not a Great White (movie).

the-reef-dvd-cover-29.jpg

But movies that have a solid foundation have the freedom to do such things because we're invested in the journey and story.

This movie is not afforded such luxary. :lol

​Right, but I'm just giving you a haters point of view. ;)

I have no interest in seeing this one is because there is no Will Smith. If he was in this punching more aliens in the face and then saying lines like "Welcome back to earth" I would have been there opening day.

I think that is a shared sentiment of seemingly everyone who loved the original "classic."

Shallows was very average... It started out great... Had a great first 1/2 hour. The second 1/2 hour was OK but started to outstay it's welcome. The last 20 min was kinda eye rolling and a big drop off from the promise of the first 1/2 hour.

Watch "The Reef" instead. Best shark movie after JAWS. It is also based on a true story that stays true to what really happened. Biggest difference was who survives and the fact it was a Tiger shark (real life) and not a Great White (movie).

IGN said The Shallows makes JAWS look like a childrens tea party. :lol

Now that's hilarious. Like when Deep Blue Sea came out. A friend told me he read a review that said it was better then Jaws. :rotfl:

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Geez I checked their review and sure enough they did say that. :slap Why oversell something so ridiculously? Anyone who watches the film based on that recommendation is guaranteed to be disappointed.

Just when I thought I was out....

I believe the official answer is "because the aliens would win and the movie would be over." Right a-dev? :monkey3

....well...yeah. But damn good point Jye :lol With just another few minutes travelling around the remainder of earth they could have wiped out all possible resistance. When sequel escalation takes a double-barrel shotgun and blows off its own feet.

I think that is a shared sentiment of seemingly everyone who loved the original "classic."

Are you sure you weren't just in a really bad mood on the day back in 1996? I find it hard to believe that Resurgence is the film that gave you what you were craving from an Alien Invasion movie :lol

Last edited:
Back