Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm a bit confused... so the inclusive edition, will be set to however many people order within the alloted time. And the inclusive is just another name for the exclusive figure? I imagine they won't be doing this for all figures right? Especially since a lot of even the small exclusives (Jason pt4) take a few days to sell out.

Wor-Gar said:
I assume this replaces the Priority Preorder. So now we have a set time (say 2 hours) to order our figure and however many are ordered in that time, that's the exclusive edition size. Is that correct?

They said the ES would be based on how many order, so it could be larger than the actual number that order.

I think this is a pretty cool idea...as long as you get your order in in the window of time you are sure to get your figure..NO more sell outs in 20 minutes...this sound very cool and promising...way to go SS.

I am guessing it will be Maul. This order system is their answer to our "how the hell am I going to be able to get Vader, Fett, Maul if the dang servers are sooooo slow."

SideshowDusty said:
It will not 'replace' the PPO, as it will only be available on certain, pre-chosen products. If an edition size is set prior to the pre-order beginning, I'm sure we will still run a PPO.

And yes, this has been introduced for items that you can only order from Sideshow - not regular edition items that you can buy in a store or from a distributor.

Also, Nerd, to address your question - it actually means LESS hurry up, buy now before it's too late, as you won't be competing against other collectors for a pre-set limited number. Basically, it's a timed exclusive - if you buy within ______ days, you will have your pre-order reserved, and you won't have to worry about re-adjusting your schedule to make sure you can be around at 10am on Fridays... don't worry, all of the required information will be announced with each item's preview and it's actually MUCH simpler than PPO :duff

Ok, so how is this different from Exclusives with a TBD edition size??? :lol

I'm betting the time frame will be between four or eight hours or something, flexible so we can all get in there. I think this could be good-- it means there won't be as crazy of a rush to get the exclusive and SS won't have any more fried servers.:D
And If the next fig isn't Maul, I don't know who it is. I'm hoping for the possibility that the "Helmet Sculpt" issue mentioned in the RS interview for Anakin means Darth Vader is soon. I know some people would like characters who've had less face time in plastic, but I say get the more popular, well-known characters out of the way (the Lukes, Vaders, Anakins etc.) and then we can all get down to business.

Thanks for the clarification Dusty... that makes a lot more sense. And should help me out, I'm usually in a meeting starting at the same time as the PPO. I usually either have to pretend I'm making a call or have my fiance sweat it out for me. And since I really don't care how many of a figure are made as long as I get one this is good with me :monkey5

lcummins said:
Ok, so how is this different from Exclusives with a TBD edition size??? :lol

We're specifically telling you exactly how long you will have to purchase, so that everyone who is interested can make sure to get their order in before it's closed.

Last edited:
I think I like it. We'll see how it really works in the next couple weeks.

In any event, anything that keeps me from having to be at the computer at 10AM, and in a panic when servers run slow, is a good thing!

I'm encouraged by Dusty's comment of "____ days"

While I'd be surprised if the order window reaches into "days", I'm glad it sounds as though it'll be more than 1-2 hours. Even half a day would be good because there'll be less of a rush on the servers or call center. Unless you're lazy, you should be able to get one.

And yeah...sounds like a MAJOR character is coming around the bend. Maul? A Fett?

Dare I say...VADER?????!!!!

You know.......this would be perfect for Origins Kurgan...see Sideshow..what you do is just announce you are indeed going to make an Oridins Kurgan...set the Inclusive Edition window for, say, 2 hours and if only 10 people call, then you only have to make 10 figures...makes perfect sence...you loose no money on unsold Kurgans and everyone who wants one gets one!!!

I think this is great. Everyone who's truly a fan can guarantee an exclusive, and there's still the "nyah nyah" factor toward all the collectors who'll be jumping on the bandwagon next month or next year that missed however many exclusives that have already come and gone. :naughty

SolidLiquidFox said:
What I dont get yet is how the Wait List will factor in.

There will still be people who miss out, no matter how long we give them - people who are late to the collecting game, or are just starting out, or people who just plain forget to order within the time frame. :duff

kingdarkness03 said:
You know.......this would be perfect for Origins Kurgan...see Sideshow..what you do is just announce you are indeed going to make an Oridins Kurgan...set the Inclusive Edition window for, say, 2 hours and if only 10 people call, then you only have to make 10 figures...makes perfect sence...you loose no money on unsold Kurgans and everyone who wants one gets one!!!

Brilliant Kingdarkness!!! Once again you show your dedication to the Nobelest of Crusades!!! 10 or 10,000 Kurgans it is!!!

This is fantastic. This is what I've been hoping Sideshow would do.

"The time-specific window will commonly be days instead of hours"

That's great. I don't have to worry about getting caught by the boss anymore.

I would speculate that this might even LOWER the edition sizes and send the secondary market value higher. Some folks will lose their sense of urgency and pass on a figure at first glance. Some scalpers might stay away because the figure is too easy to get. Everyone who wants a figure enough to watch the newsletters will get one, and ultimately Sideshow can still control the edition size.

A big thank you to the Sideshow staff for taking this step. I really hope this is a win/win for the business and the fans. And if it isn't- at least you were brave enough to try something to help us out.

Back