Inception thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going with my 'regular' painter GDB. ;) Josh is always super busy and packed full of orders. I've pm'd SilentSurfer about some painting but he's backed up. It's almost 'luck of the draw' with the so-called big boys. You have to catch them at the right time. I love boot's paints, but I think they'd almost look out of place in my collection (if that makes sense).

Yeah? He's doing the LOST early bird specials too. He's done 3 of my last 4 paints. Turn around has never been more than 3 weeks (which is FAST!). I've got him lined up for my DES and Juliet. Haven't talked to him about these guys yet though.

I hope Brent doesn't mind... Here are some of his newest paints. I really think he's under rated as an artist on here.
eabe21ad.jpg

dbdfe6dd.jpg

actually.
I feel a little guilty because i figure I should be helping their business anyways since I've already bought some from them and they're stand up people:

https://www.vikingplayground.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2637&idcategory=66

hot toys true type narrow bodies are only $30,
and the advanced versions are only $35.
The older ones are sold out but those prices are the best I've seen and "researched".

If this becomes out of stock in two days, I will never post something like this on a thread again hahaha jk.
Thanks for the link...they will be out of stock tomorrow:lol
Who are we hoping for when it comes to paint?

I want SmallStudios or boot25. :pray:
I think the painter bee suggested is pretty good. i might go with him

Who are we hoping for when it comes to paint?

I want SmallStudios or boot25. :pray:

maglor, there isn't a deal here who will paint all the heads from daniel. it's YOUR job to find a painter for the head you're ordering and not daniels. But you also have to know that josh and john (smalls and boot) have their waiting times. Decide for yourself who should paint the head, contact him, if he's ok, then sent him the head and have patience until they get their hand on your head. but like i said, they are very very busy, they have so many heads on their tables :p So patience will be your friend ;)

maglor, there isn't a deal here who will paint all the heads from daniel. it's YOUR job to find a painter for the head you're ordering and not daniels. But you also have to know that josh and john (smalls and boot) have their waiting times. Decide for yourself who should paint the head, contact him, if he's ok, then sent him the head and have patience until they get their hand on your head. but like i said, they are very very busy, they have so many heads on their tables :p So patience will be your friend ;)

Greggo does an amazing job too.
I don't know if he takes as many repaint commissions though since he's a jack of all trades.

ah that tony stark suit? I figured it was about time haha

Greggo does an amazing job too.
I don't know if he takes as many repaint commissions though since he's a jack of all trades.

ah that tony stark suit? I figured it was about time haha

sure there are many other painters here who are doing a hell of a job :)
but i was just referring to his post.

I would love to order that suit, but money is so tight at the moment :(

img5822c.jpg

the only issue i am most concerned with (which is hard to change at this point) is the head slightly small compared to Arthur.

But then again, Leo's features sort of center in at his face and he has a lot of hair,
and Arthur's face is long...

I see him for sure now in that sculpt. Leo's features do seem squashed in so I can understand perfectly where you're coming from.

leonardo_dicaprio.jpg

Looks awesome so far Dan!

Man i can see how this guy could be impossible to do! Would you say hes the toughest you have had to do so far?

Dont know if these will help you somehow, Feng did a pretty good job so you might be able to pick something off from these

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

mh tough one here. i have to say, the likeness is a bit off here. i hope you don't hate me, when I say some critics. :monkey3 you know i love your sculpts, and I'm a huge fan of your work and I'm so happy you're here and bring us the joy having your beautiful heads, so please don't put me on your ignore list :D

mouth & chin seems to be good, but the nose (tip of the nose & alar wings of the nose) and eyes are a bit off. eyes are a bit apart i think.

can't wait to see some more progresses, and also with the sculpted hair. the immense forehead irritates a bit i think :D

top 3 (christopher reeve, denzel washington, and now :gah: leo)

oh and thanks, those pics ought to help actually :D

Your welcome, glad to be of any help :)

He looks extremely hard to sculpt but as always you will come through with a killer sculpt i know you will :wink1:

Thanks Dan

well you certainly did an amazing job with that one. :hi5::rock

Agreed! To say that is one of the most difficult ones you have done is reassuring because you totally nailed that likeness.

I think the more furrowed brow in your initial wip pic had more likeness but I am sure you will nail it.

Back