Inbox Studio: 1/6 Bantha (The Mandalorian Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa... so deluxe is both Han and Luke's TaunTauns?

This is pretty cool. $279 seems pretty cheap for a furred TaunTaun with rolling eyes. Shipping will be a killer.

How did their Bantha turn out?
Shipping to the US is between $325 and $375 for the pair, I believe. I'm pre-ordering the pair and will figure out if I sell off one each of that and my Sideshow pair, sell both Sideshows, both of these or just have a little Tauntaun village on top of my Detolf... :)

Who or what is Inbox Studios and how do you look at this or order? Do they have a website, FB or Insta? Google doesn't bring up much other than another unrelated Inbox Studios, and I can't seem to find a FB or Insta page for them. I assume this "no fixed address" is maybe to get around the unlicensed aspect?

The Tauntaun faces look so cute, almost like a Star Wars equivalent of Muppets Babies, but overall these Tauntauns look quite decent. Never liked their Wampa or their Bantha, which looked to me more like a bit of a step up from stuff you'd see in a Michaels or dollar type stores, so these to me are a sizable improvement.

Who or what is Inbox Studios and how do you look at this or order? Do they have a website, FB or Insta? Google doesn't bring up much other than another unrelated Inbox Studios, and I can't seem to find a FB or Insta page for them. I assume this "no fixed address" is maybe to get around the unlicensed aspect?

The Tauntaun faces look so cute, almost like a Star Wars equivalent of Muppets Babies, but overall these Tauntauns look quite decent. Never liked their Wampa or their Bantha, which looked to me more like a bit of a step up from stuff you'd see in a Michaels or dollar type stores, so these to me are a sizable improvement.
As far as I know, they're only on Facebook. You PM them and put down a deposit. I have the Wampa and it's quite good in person.

The Tauns do look good though the faces, which are otherwise nicely detailed/painted, look a bit too cute and sort of comedic, almost like funny/giggly baby Tauntauns. Not a dealbreaker though, and I'm pretty certain I will get the single Taun.

I am a bit concerned that the level of quality on these prototypes will be hard to maintain across the run due to so much being about glued on fur and leather parts.

Also, the run does start delivering end of this year, but also stretches all the way to Sept 2024, which - if that's where your order lands - would be well outside the range for a Paypal refund if the order never arrives.

Also, how much was shipping for stuff like the Wampa and Bantha, just to get an idea of what this would be? Over $100, under $100?

Last edited:
I think it's funny they did the faux fur and rolling eyeballs thing. It's like every maker, 3rd party included, now has to approach the artisan style treatment on whatever they make, even if its beasties. These probably would have be fine as resin statues, like Sideshow's versions, without any moving eye feature.

I think those Taun Tauns look great....better than Sideshows. Hats off to SS for being the first to release their taun tauns.....

View attachment 591106

I received my #37 of 99 edition Bantha from the Thailand based company Inbox Studio.

It arrived professionally packed incased in styrofoam; comparable to Sideshow's larger offerings like the Dewback, Jabba Deluxe & their Rancor Deluxe. This piece has surpassed all my expectations from what i saw of the prototype as well as the finished product images they sent. Paintwork and especially fur application are top notch and extremely well done. Original cost was about the same as a Hot Toy figure, which was great, but so was the shipping (a bit less).

All said and done, IMO - even with the shipping costs - it was well worth it. The craftmanship is the quality of a personal 1-off custom built with care and attention to the all the details. The gritty features, like weathering of the soft goods, matting of the fur, tearing-wetness of the eyes as well as saliva-soaked strands of fur on the sides of the mouth are VERY well done. Some minor futzing of the fur around the horns was needed and I'd like to dial in some more knotting of the fur in certain spots.

Fabulous job by Pitpatpon and Inbox Studio!

View attachment 589281
View attachment 589304

Some images with a couple of the native residents...
View attachment 589282
View attachment 589284
View attachment 589285
View attachment 589286
View attachment 589288

...and some more with a few tourists.
View attachment 589289
View attachment 589290
View attachment 589291
View attachment 589292
View attachment 589293
View attachment 589294
View attachment 589295
View attachment 589296
Your reference saving me again Paul

Some pictures from Facebook of the Tauntaun.
FB_IMG_1712151904842.jpg
FB_IMG_1712151907640.jpg
FB_IMG_1712151910385.jpg

I dont know - for me the stop motion puppet is the definitive Taun-Taun representation. Ive always found that the live action build up always looked off.

Inbox's Taun Taun is shipping already?? I haven't heard of any announcements since their brief update video posted early Feb. Can't wait to receive mine!

Hmm, as expected not quite as nice as the prototype. Head looks sort of funny/cute in that close-up.

Unfortunate because the proto looked really good.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. Pretty much dead on to the prototype just like the wampa, and looks like he was even able to improve the seam line around the neck area. Ordered the set fairly late so expect to be waiting a while yet for mine, but they are going to look awesome next to my wampa.

Inbox's Taun Taun is shipping already?? I haven't heard of any announcements since their brief update video posted early Feb. Can't wait to receive mine!

When I checked a month or so ago, they said they are shipping 20 per month, in order they were placed.

I got in very early for the pair (immediately after they posted) and haven't been contacted yet about my balance due... so I am guessing I will be next month or the month after now.

When I checked a month or so ago, they said they are shipping 20 per month, in order they were placed.

I got in very early for the pair (immediately after they posted) and haven't been contacted yet about my balance due... so I am guessing I will be next month or the month after now.
Same for me and I haven't gotten a message to pay my balance either. I think these look as good or better than the prototype. Super stoked to upgrade my Sideshow versions!

Back