Inbox Studio: 1/6 Bantha (The Mandalorian Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone be interested in a “real” fur Tauntaun from this company? I asked them the other day if they’d make it and they told me it’s their next project. Maybe they were just placating me I don’t know, or maybe that was their plan all along. At this stage I have huge doubts Hot Toys will ever make one, especially with the fur, and that Sideshow one is an obscene price in the secondary market. After getting the Wampa in-hand I’m so impressed what this company does with fur. Judging from Hot Toys’ Chewies and Wicket you just can’t re-produce that on a mass scale, which is where a company with limited runs come in.
I would INSTANTLY PO a real fur Tauntaun. I wish they were a bit easier to communicate with (InBox, not tauntauns) because I fear if I don't constantly look for updates on their FB page, the next piece will be listed and sell out before I even hear about it. I'm surprised they don't do a basic newsletter or keep a mailing list of past customers.

I would INSTANTLY PO a real fur Tauntaun. I wish they were a bit easier to communicate with (InBox, not tauntauns) because I fear if I don't constantly look for updates on their FB page, the next piece will be listed and sell out before I even hear about it. I'm surprised they don't do a basic newsletter or keep a mailing list of past customers.
Just click watch on this thread and as soon as it’s up me or someone else will post it here.

Got the Wampa today…must’ve just gotten in before it sold out. It’s a terrific piece in person! Nice little Hoth display going.

6319A9EE-F081-4CD4-BC71-AFFF235D47CA.jpeg

Holy moley... THANK you guys for this thread! Had no idea these existed!

I took a chance and emailed to see if either piece might still be available. The Bantha was gone, but they replied saying I could get a Wampa! I asked for "no blood" as the one seen in the original version of ESB does not have blood.

...but right after hitting send I started thinking I wanted the blood version. While that is specific to the Special Edition extra footage and I much prefer the original versions, the Wampa scenes are probably my least objectionable change in the SE. It is a practical suit still, and it looks pretty darn solid. Plus that statue looks more like the SE Wampa suit than it does the full suit made for the original ESB (which was so wonky that all the footage of the full suit in action was deleted).

So I got hit with immediate "well that was a bad call" regret... until Inbox sent this:

"Sorry bro. Only 1 piece left and its blood."

So blood it is! :)

Holy moley... THANK you guys for this thread! Had no idea these existed!

I took a chance and emailed to see if either piece might still be available. The Bantha was gone, but they replied saying I could get a Wampa! I asked for "no blood" as the one seen in the original version of ESB does not have blood.

...but right after hitting send I started thinking I wanted the blood version. While that is specific to the Special Edition extra footage and I much prefer the original versions, the Wampa scenes are probably my least objectionable change in the SE. It is a practical suit still, and it looks pretty darn solid. Plus that statue looks more like the SE Wampa suit than it does the full suit made for the original ESB (which was so wonky that all the footage of the full suit in action was deleted).

So I got hit with immediate "well that was a bad call" regret... until Inbox sent this:

"Sorry bro. Only 1 piece left and its blood."

So blood it is! :)
Nice! I have the blood version and I wouldn’t want to swap it for the clean version. It looks gruesome, I love it. Now all I need is a couple of their Tauntauns, when they make them, to flank it.

Very exciting news. I asked them about this nearly two years ago and it's great to see them moving forward with it. A furry taun taun with rolling eyes? who would have thought we'd ever see such a thing...

Whoa... so deluxe is both Han and Luke's TaunTauns?

This is pretty cool. $279 seems pretty cheap for a furred TaunTaun with rolling eyes. Shipping will be a killer.

How did their Bantha turn out?

Not sure if I need to go through the hassle of selling my Sideshow Tauntaun to get this one. Really wish I had known about the Wampa and Bantha though. Would have ordered those.

Back