InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m so used to waiting an eternity for Hot Toys to the point that I’ve either forgotten what I ordered and why, or I’ve entirely lost interest in the character/property by that point, so even this delay still feels like Gandalf is releasing extremely quickly!

I’m so used to waiting an eternity for Hot Toys to the point that I’ve either forgotten what I ordered and why, or I’ve entirely lost interest in the character/property by that point, so even this delay still feels like Gandalf is releasing extremely quickly!
I was thinking that myself. The releases from the two main brands I collect - Hot Toys and Lim Toys - have gotten so ridiculous that these InArt figures don't feel like a long wait at all.

It’s gotten so bad this is basically where we’re at
58552DEC-6B56-495B-8BBF-081DC7B95B90.jpeg

Seriously though, despite not showing off all the figures they originally said they would last year, InArt is doing an exceptional job communicating their schedule changes and keeping hype really high. Hope to see another of their reveals soon—Legolas or Paul would make every part of me but the wallet very happy.

Legolas does seem to be the next intuitive choice for an InArt 1/6 LotR figure. I’d love to see the entire fellowship of nine eventually.

I don’t think this is a delay since this is the first time they have given an actual release window with a named month

I don’t think this is a delay since this is the first time they have given an actual release window with a named month
it is a clear delay, you can see it from their wording of the statement that they were planning to release it earlier...

Translation of their weibo post:
"At present, the product department is still adjusting the final version of the mass production of the magnetic movable eye structure of "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - Gandalf the Gray (Gandalf) 1/6 collectible, so I am sorry to inform you: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - Gandalf the Grey (Gandalf the Grey) 1/6 collectible action figure will be postponed until about August 2023."

not that it matters, 1 month pushback is not the end of the world.

The main issue here is that it seems with pushing back Gandalf and Pennywise they pushed back Batman too, so somehow all of the production pieces are being effected by each other or by just one of them being not ready, which I find interesting/odd.

Last edited:
OK, so internally it was a delay then, because publicly, they never gave us a release window. Totally agree about August!

The main issue here is that it seems with pushing back Gandalf and Pennywise they pushed back Batman too, so somehow all of the production pieces are being effected by each other or by just one of them being not ready, which I find interesting/odd.

Everything InArt is doing is so specialized I'm not surprised that they have one location doing all of their releases. That bottlenecks what they can make really hard.

I wonder how many people are working in Inart's team, I cant imagine more than 20-30 people on 3-4 different figures at the same time and thats ofc the design department.

The production is seemingly in one factory and it seems that they can only focus on 1/2 release at a time so that would answer why everything is delayed when one figure is delayed.

If they said Q3 release and deliver by September 30, I don't see it as a meaningful delay - and really, if your happiness revolves around what date your toys are going to arrive in the mailbox, you might need to reassess your life's priorities...

Last edited:
Inart said that Gandalf will arrive in Q3 which remains true if the release happens until September 30, which is absolutely fine, somehow they expected that they will be able to release it earlier because their recent statement mentions postponing it.
And its absolutely fine as we were told earlier its going to be Q3 so there is no actual delay.
Hell, even if its October or later it is still not a big issue.

But in general I never like any kind of release dates to be specified about almost anything (not just 1/6) because I treat those dates as if they were set in stone, which they arent in most of the cases.
But it has no influence whatsoever over my happiness, its simply about being trustworthy/true to ones word or not.

I’m an outlier on this, but for me the closer release for Gandalf falls towards Christmas the better, since I really enjoy opening a 1/6th figure on Christmas morning that I’m fairly psyched about. This figure would be one for sure. If it arrives in September I’ll just hold off on unboxing it until Christmas. I doubt InArt Aragorn (Special Edition) will release before Christmas, even though it’s slated for Q4 2023.

Last edited:
I’m an outlier on this, but for me the closer release for Gandalf falls the Christmas the better, since I really enjoy opening a 1/6th figure on Christmas morning that I’m fairly psyched about. This figure would be one for sure. If it arrives in September I’ll just hold off on unboxing it until Christmas. I doubt InArt Aragorn (Special Edition) will release before Christmas, even though it’s slated for Q4 2023.
nah, Aragorn is gonna be late Q1 but more likely Q2 2024.

Back