InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how they package the head sculpts. Good to know they are sealed like that.

Attachments

• 30B44B4A-0DD4-4640-ACA2-6B9902BA1F4A.jpeg
    30B44B4A-0DD4-4640-ACA2-6B9902BA1F4A.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 0
The first one looks quite good, which figure/statue is that?

Almost positive that's the Asmus Aragorn "Slim" re-release they did that had less accessories and a rooted sculpt.
Crazy amount of futzing must have gone into the hair for the photo to make it look that good, though, Chopper!
Nagoya is correct- it is the Asmus rooted Slim release and yes I did a fair bit of futzing.
Got him second hand several years ago and had to wash all the gunk out of his hair and still struggled to pry the strands apart enough to creat a semblance of the correct style.

That cropped image is hiding a lot of flaws though. The Slim vrs hair is straight up horrid.

One of the things I’m looking most forward to is an Elven cloak with the leaf broach actually oriented the correct way. Why Asmus made it point downwards I’ll never know.

It does look like they got the beard on the chin right -- the infamous "butt" chin.

From what I can see of the eye, it looks a little large. But... ready?... we'll.... SEE.

So it's 5 AM where I am and can't keep myself together for any longer, y'all better post lot of photos so by the time I'm awake I can celebrate. Thank you!

This steam is up but seems they are just talking, I was expecting live from Vegas lol

They said they are moving to InArt section in 5 mins or so we gonna see Aragorn... such a good Superman statue I'd kill for it,but out of my budget. Definitely gonna get 1/6

So I was watching one of the other live streams and they said they’re not showing Aragorn. Apparently an inscription on one of the swords was wrong so they decided to hold it back. One guy said he got some pictures of the sculpt and it looks good but he’s not sure if he can post them.

Back