InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish I could get excited about this figure. If it was just the red suit sitting in that chair for $500+ I would be...

...but for over $1,000 I feel like I'm getting alot of stuff I don't want and I can't sell or trade.

It’s a tough one I will say. But if they absolutely perfect the MurRAY show joker then I’m all in. Even if the rest stays in the box.

Which I will then be living in.

That MurRAY Joker, seated like that on your shelf, with a cigarette in his hand instead of finger up and the gun in the other hand limp at his side will look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

$1,000 awesome -- not so sure -- but it will catch people's eyes for sure.

That MurRAY Joker, seated like that on your shelf, with a cigarette in his hand instead of finger up and the gun in the other hand limp at his side will look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

$1,000 awesome -- not so sure -- but it will catch people's eyes for sure.
That’s exactly what I envisioned a figure being displayed like in my head after I saw the movie. That’s all I ever wanted really.

If they’re gonna force me to use a second body for $1000+ though, I guess I’d display him full clown with the Everything Must Go sign. Those scenes of him at work stood out to me. Maybe not as iconic as the dancing down the steps or the Murray show, but that scene where the pistol flies out at the children’s hospital had me dying. I like that look. I need a Joker that is smiling.

joker-murray.gif

I need a Joker that is smiling.

Yeah, that would be the other Joker I would like. A laughing mad Joker. I really like that bit on the subway after his pursuers get mobbed, but you can't have the same outfit twice on this shelf.

I think I would make mine the Subway Killer Joker -- maniacal laughing sculpt with pistol and his bag stuffed with all that gear spilling out. Not scene specific because of the laughing sculpt, but I think that "manic" aspect kind of works with the 'outburst of frustration' that's at work in that scene.

I appreciate the haired sculpt but with closed eyes I just don't see me using that head.

God this last page with the pics of him on the car and post-Mur-RAY killing makes me want to watch the film again. Hildur Gudnadottir's score just puts the whole ending in an entire plain of its own. The building and the twisting and tightening of that tension in the last act is impeccable, when Hildur introduces the banging bin lids into the music and the riots happen around Fleck's police car and they goad him to get up and he finally paints his smile in blood, that whole act is phenomenal cinema.

Similarly the train scene and following sombre and cathartic dance into the start of his new-self is equally as fantastic.

It's easy to say Philips ripped off Taxi Driver of King of Comedy or this that the other, but it's a complete disservice to not acknowledge how he directed in conjunction with Hildur's music, his improv and bond with Phoenix and shot scenes that ratcheted up the tension impeccably. The film clearly wears its influences on its sleeves, that doesn't detract from the film, if anything it makes it harder for the film to do well, he executed it flawlessly, for me.

Agreed. Every movie is essentially a “copy” of another movie. Joker was influenced by Taxi driver and King of comedy. TDK was influenced by Heat. Creed 3 was influenced by anime.

There’s nothing wrong with using those genre defining influences to set a tone or direction for a film. As long as it’s entertaining, that’s what’s the most important.

Yeah on the first couple of days of production Nolan had the cast of TDK watch two movies a day for four days -

• Citizen Kane
  • Heat
  • King Kong 1933
  • Stalag 17
  • Black Sunday
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Cat People
  • Batman Begins

Yeah on the first couple of days of production Nolan had the cast of TDK watch two movies a day for four days -

• Citizen Kane
  • Heat
  • King Kong 1933
  • Stalag 17
  • Black Sunday
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Cat People
  • Batman Begins

And for Batman Begins Nolan had everyone watch Blade Runner 😁

Greatness inspires greatness. When films wear their inspiration/influences on their sleeve, it really shouldn’t be used as a knock or negative. It just means the filmmakers have great taste.

EDIT-wait….KING KONG??

how the **** did King Kong influence TDK?? Are we sure it wasn’t just a movie night Nolan had in his private theater?😂

Last edited:
Agreed. Every movie is essentially a “copy” of another movie. Joker was influenced by Taxi driver and King of comedy. TDK was influenced by Heat. Creed 3 was influenced by anime.

There’s nothing wrong with using those genre defining influences to set a tone or direction for a film. As long as it’s entertaining, that’s what’s the most important.
Tarantino copied tons of movies sometimes shot for shot and he's still one of the most critically acclaimed directors ever and I and millions of others still enjoy his movies. Like you said as long as the movie is good/entertaining people will be drawn to it regardless of what inspired it or what it borrows from and Phoenix delivered a great performance, Arthur Fleck is like a train wreck you can't help but watch as he goes off the tracks.

Tarantino copied tons of movies sometimes shot for shot and he's still one of the most critically acclaimed directors ever and I and millions of others still enjoy his movies. Like you said as long as the movie is good/entertaining people will be drawn to it regardless of what inspired it or what it borrows from and Phoenix delivered a great performance, Arthur Fleck is like a train wreck you can't help but watch as he goes off the tracks.

IMG_1169.jpeg

This set looks really good, and I'm genuinely really happy with what they included, I personally think the choice of costumes and accessories is almost perfect, although I may just be somewhat easy to please hah. That being said, unless a miracle happens and I either magically become a millionaire or somehow set aside enough money to comfortably purchase this without wearing myself way too thin or ending up regretting on it, I'm going to have to pass just due to the price point- Which is sad because I genuinely love the figure and have wanted a Joaquin Joker for a while. Why did I have to get into such an expensive hobby? Lmao

Btw watched the bathroom scene again. Idk what it is but I get chills Everytime that scene plays. The music in this movie is just incredible. This is why people love Batman and his rogues.
Joker will always be looked through an artistic lens. Batman will always have to raise the bar in media

Back