InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be an extremely rare type of person who buys the 4 pack with the intent of selling off bathroom Joker and an even rarer one who prices it below $550.
Yeah I don't see that as a realistic option.
It makes perfect sense in principle but I just can't imagine thee being a huge market for Arthur Fleck or hospital clown only buyers, which wil make up the majority of the parts people want to offload.
Agreed. The premium is $1778 from kit. Let's say after the release, the clown goes for $350. Arthur with stairs diorama goes for $400. Now you already need to sell the red suit with diorama for $550 so that you actually pay below $500 for bathroom Joker. And all of this is not even considering the selling fees you'll get hit with, unless you increase the prices of the other 3.

All in all, not worth it to me. But if you care enough about the figure, it might be worth it to you of course (as was the case with me with deluxe purple coat Ledger).
I guess the point I'm trying to make is: even if you buy everything for one figure, you should still expect to end up paying anywhere between $450 to $600 for the one you keep after all is said and done.

Email and their Instagram dm, not sure about FB as I don’t use it. What are you wanting to know?

In my latest email to them, it took two days for a response due to their limited work hours on the date I messaged. They’re usually pretty quick on both email and IG. Sometimes it’ll be Todd himself replying instead of one of his employees, I suppose dependent on what you’re inquiring about.
I just messaged them on FB and they responded right away. Guess that's the best way. Just wanted to confirm regarding their tax and shipping policy. They said tax is only applied to 8 states and that the flat rate shipping offer they have right now will hold true for when the figure releases. Just wanted to get confirmation from them.

Will likely get the Premium from them in that case and then sell off the clown version. $1570 shipped makes them the best price for it.
Agreed. The premium is $1778 from kit. Let's say after the release, the clown goes for $350. Arthur with stairs diorama goes for $400. Now you already need to sell the red suit with diorama for $550 so that you actually pay below $500 for bathroom Joker. And all of this is not even considering the selling fees you'll get hit with, unless you increase the prices of the other 3.
All the more reason I'm going with Spec on this one. $1570-$1600 shipped for the Premium. Even selling off the Clown version for $300 will net you Arthur/Bathroom/Murray for roughly $1250-$1300, the price of the Deluxe alone on Kit. Each figure ends up being only $425.

Makes more sense trying to do that than paying $1300 for Arthur/Murray. Even if I only wanted those two from the Premium version, selling the Bathroom + Clown bundled together for $600 will net you Arthur/Murray for $1000. $300/$200 cheaper than buying the Deluxe.

That's why I was very happy with the Deluxe choice of choosing the starting point of his life and the final stage as Red Joker, everything else is the middle of the journey!

100%. I also agree. I’m very glad INART was smart about packaging these two looks in the Deluxe set. I wager there’d be uproar if it was the Bathroom Joker instead of Arthur Fleck. Red Suit Joker and Arthur are the essential ones. Street/Hospital Clown Joker is him at his job lol. And Bathroom Joker is like you said, the beginning of the transformation and pivotal, but I don’t think it’s essential. I think they’re beautiful and fun figures but I’m perfectly happy with the Deluxe set as well. You can also have different looks with the Arthur figure too, like when he goes to Wayne Manor or him without the jacket on.

For those whom are dead set on getting the 4-pack and displaying all without any intentions of parting out, you might just have one of the best 1/6 sets of all time. It’s wonderful.

The only thing I would’ve added would’ve been a bloodied portrait for the red suit with a bloodied/weathered vest and jacket with a half crashed cop car diorama so you can have him standing on that. I don’t think that’d be too much to ask for? Okay, just a little.

All the more reason I'm going with Spec on this one. $1570-$1600 shipped for the Premium. Even selling off the Clown version for $300 will net you Arthur/Bathroom/Murray for roughly $1250-$1300, the price of the Deluxe alone on Kit. Each figure ends up being only $425.

Makes more sense trying to do that than paying $1300 for Arthur/Murray. Even if I only wanted those two from the Premium version, selling the Bathroom + Clown bundled together for $600 will net you Arthur/Murray for $1000. $300/$200 cheaper than buying the Deluxe.
Good point, I forgot about the big price difference. At $200 less, it already becomes much more manageable.

I just messaged them on FB and they responded right away. Guess that's the best way. Just wanted to confirm regarding their tax and shipping policy. They said tax is only applied to 8 states and that the flat rate shipping offer they have right now will hold true for when the figure releases. Just wanted to get confirmation from them.

Will likely get the Premium from them in that case and then sell off the clown version. $1570 shipped makes them the best price for it.

Did they offer an explanation to why they only charge for 8 states? Rather odd.

Yeah, no way I’d pay $1.3k for just Arthur & red suit Joker. If I end up purchasing this, I’d at least need to have both of the versions I actually want, being the bathroom and red suit. People wanted to pick through my thoughts very loosely it seems, my thoughts of possibly waiting for JND was because they may offer the looks I really want that aren’t included here, but I’m personally over having to explain myself to people who aren’t after an explanation to begin with, just criticism.

I just watched the movie again, and have not regretted my decision of the deluxe. The dancing joker looks remarkable for sure, and was the transformation as others have said.

I couldn’t give in to the premium, 70% of the movie is Arthur while the clown hospital and bathroom scene were only short bursts of screen time. They all look great, but me personally I can’t see myself getting 4 jokers in my collection. Only if I loved this movie as much as TDK or Pattinson’s Batman I would go all in.

No intention of selling Arthur, as I plan to display him with the paper bag and cigar. It looks great.

F989A14E-EED8-44A1-91D1-3CB33EF5C64C.jpeg

I just watched the movie again, and have not regretted my decision of the deluxe. The dancing joker looks remarkable for sure, and was the transformation as others have said.

I couldn’t give in to the premium, 70% of the movie is Arthur while the clown hospital and bathroom scene were only short bursts of screen time. They all look great, but me personally I can’t see myself getting 4 jokers in my collection. Only if I loved this movie as much as TDK or Pattinson’s Batman I would go all in.

No intention of selling Arthur, as I plan to display him with the paper bag and cigar. It looks great.

View attachment 687689
Yeah the paper bag would be the best look for him imo, it’s a remarkable figure and has the best likeness of the entire set. Just don’t know if I’ll grow tired of owning a civilian clothed Arthur and selling him for half of what the deluxe goes for doesn’t seem very likely, especially in this economy.

I feel like spending $1.3k and not getting the bathroom figure seems like a bit of a disservice after putting that much money into this version of the character. Which has me feeling like I should either wait for JND, or go all in on the premium here.

I’m with you in not wanting four figures from this film.

Having said that, I really do like the costume design for the bathroom scene, the pants with cut off cuffs, sewn on patches, choice of Herringbone material, the color, topped off with a bit of contrast with the yellow waistcoat is just too cool of a look to pass on if I’m already going to spend this much.
The inclusion of the fourth base helps sell the premium version also, as ideally I’d have both red suit and bathroom using the two magnetic bases and try to sell off the dioramas and figures I don’t need. Still pondering. I wonder how quickly they’ll show off the suit revisions on the red suit? Ideally would like to see before Specs cut off date for low shipping costs.

Last edited:

View attachment 687689

Couldn't agree more with you. I think re-watching this movie, I understood and developed a better empathy for Arthur and really appreciated this figure even more. I think Arthur is essential for my collection with the red suit joker. I would have loved all 4 but I love the two in deluxe already. It would have been just added bonus but not essential for my list.

I said I’m considering the Deluxe set but after reading what everyone’s thinking and your guys’ own visions for your displays, I really only want the red suit without either diorama to represent this shot (for some reason can’t attach pictures anymore in the text box). This shot for me is my favorite in the film when he’s confidently walking away from the commotion he helped start in the subway. I’m also a one figure for character type of collector too, so the Deluxe set is a high price point I’m not too comfortable about. I really just want the loose red suit Joker figure with cigarette..

Truly, no idea what to do 😅

Attachments

• 33075E2F-CAA2-4586-9C4C-236E9F47AB93.jpeg
    33075E2F-CAA2-4586-9C4C-236E9F47AB93.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I said I’m considering the Deluxe set but after reading what everyone’s thinking and their own visions for your displays, I really only want the red suit without either diorama to represent this shot (for some reason can’t attach pictures anymore in the text box). This shot for me is my favorite in the film when he’s confidently walking away from the commotion he helped start in the subway. I’m also a one figure for character type of collector too, so the Deluxe set is a high price point I’m not too comfortable about. I really just want the loose red suit Joker figure with cigarette..

If you really don't want the Arthur version, then I would buy deluxe and sell Arthur later or just wait when this comes out and see if someone is willing to sell the RED SUIT joker. Problem with the second decision is:
  1. Will anyone sell it? (extreme cases yes)
  2. Not sure what the price would be for the RED SUIT JOKER by itself?
Maybe some other company will make it, so waiting might work for you, if the price is too high!

Yeah the paper bag would be the best look for him imo, it’s a remarkable figure and has the best likeness of the entire set. Just don’t know if I’ll grow tired of owning a civilian clothed Arthur and selling him for half of what the deluxe goes for doesn’t seem very likely, especially in this economy.

I feel like spending $1.3k and not getting the bathroom figure seems like a bit of a disservice after putting that much money into this version of the character. Which has me feeling like I should either wait for JND, or go all in on the premium here.

I’m with you in not wanting four figures from this film.

Having said that, I really do like the costume design for the bathroom scene, the pants with cut off cuffs, sewn on patches, choice of Herringbone material, the color, topped off with a bit of contrast with the yellow waistcoat is just too cool of a look to pass on if I’m already going to spend this much.
The inclusion of the fourth base helps sell the premium version also, as ideally I’d have both red suit and bathroom using the two magnetic bases and try to sell off the dioramas and figures I don’t need. Still pondering. I wonder how quickly they’ll show off the suit revisions on the red suit? Ideally would like to see before Specs cut off date for low shipping costs.
Same, that’s a great take, for me personally 1k for two rooted hairs is the standard inart has, and for the highest quality edition I’m surprised it’s similar to their 2 pack Heath ledger. JND tho that’s a big bargain as they would change 1k for one figure for sure. I would say go premium for the dancing joker alone as there’s no way it can be better than that. I’m not a fan of the JND Arthur Fleck’s likeness and if they’re doing a two pack it would cost $2000+ where you can just get 4 figures from inarts price. Pick your poison as they say.

Couldn't agree more with you. I think re-watching this movie, I understood and developed a better empathy for Arthur and really appreciated this figure even more. I think Arthur is essential for my collection with the red suit joker. I would have loved all 4 but I love the two in deluxe already. It would have been just added bonus but not essential for my list.
Absolutely, when a figure is well constructed with the tailoring and great likeness especially it’s sad that he is under appreciated. I also enjoy getting two packs of opposing characters, the colors and overall characters of Arthur and Joker contrasts well together. Whereas if it the Red suit, and dancing joker was chosen, it’s not as appealing to me imo.

Last edited:
I said I’m considering the Deluxe set but after reading what everyone’s thinking and their own visions for your displays, I really only want the red suit without either diorama to represent this shot (for some reason can’t attach pictures anymore in the text box). This shot for me is my favorite in the film when he’s confidently walking away from the commotion he helped start in the subway. I’m also a one figure for character type of collector too, so the Deluxe set is a high price point I’m not too comfortable about. I really just want the loose red suit Joker figure with cigarette..

In my opinion your best bet is to get the deluxe and sell off Arthur in the future. I have low hopes people will sell Red Suit as low as $500 since it’s what everyone solely wants. Gandalf is already high price on ebay, and this being the highest tier they have, it’s not going to be cheap. You can also wait for JND for a 1k single pack, which is the same price anyway.

In my opinion your best bet is to get the deluxe and sell off Arthur in the future. I have low hopes people will sell Red Suit as low as $500 since it’s what everyone solely wants. Gandalf is already high price on ebay, and this being the highest tier they have, it’s not going to be cheap. You can also wait for JND for a 1k single pack, which is the same price anyway.

Yeah, I don’t think I’d like JND. I don’t think their work is good (imo). The problem I have is that I don’t think I really need either stairs or Murray set dio. I agree with you that I doubt anyone is gonna sell the red suit for $500, and if they do it’d be $800+. I think I’d be willing to pay $800 at most for a loose red suit Joker if it means saving on $500+.

My only issue is that the deluxe version won’t be $1k shipped, it’ll be $1.3k making me lean more towards the four pack for $400 ish more, like Holo said.

I do like the duality presented in owning the Arthur Fleck and Joker. But then if you choose not to display the dios, you’re out of luck on bases for both of those figures. I really like the idea of the bathroom base for that figure, and the new base is so versatile it’d work for the red suit. Although I do see people wanting to use the Murray carpet base separately from the diorama.

Like some have suggested, just get the deluxe and sell Arthur.

But here’s another take:

Pull the trigger on the deluxe and keep both figures. with InArt’s Joaker, one must consider what it took to get here:

1-Due to the licensing BS/red tape, prerequisites shenanigans…there are no officially licensed 1/6 products of this iteration of the character. not even the almighty HT wanted to take this risk. So for InArt to attempt it, it’s admirable IMO.

2-Joaquin won an Oscar for this performance. As not just The Joker, but Arthur as well. It’d be significant to have both displayed on your shelf, know what I mean?

3-they all look phenomenal. But if the asking price of the premium is way too thick for your blood (same for me, which is why I went with the deluxe), just stick with the deluxe. PO it, skip a meal or two to save up for it, and don’t look back 😆😆 YOLO, know what I mean?

EDIT-oh and DEFINITELY pay it off with installments. It helps with the mental aspect of it all. Paying X-amount per month doesn’t sting as bad as paying it all off in one shot.

I paid for both of those upfront though to get the 3% discounts and secured very cheap shipping for Joker before we got to se how ridiculous that box was.
I’ve placed all my InArt orders with KG.
So far I’ve received Joker Deluxe, which came around 3 weeks after OSK sent out his first batch- no issues or customs at all- and then I received my Gandalf early December, which was practically inline with OSK’s first batch release. I believe some people are still waiting for their Gandalf from OSK.
Their price for InArt tends to be one of if not the best- maybe only GunDamit beat them with Superman- so there’ll be no issue with receiving your figure in a timely manner for a decent price.
Any apprehension about the full pay and placing all the money upfront for over a year?

I’ve done similar full pays over $1K but know that I’m at risk of losing the money if the business folds and am cognizant the window of protection likely expires prior to release (with credit cards, PayPal, etc).

Also, I think about the opportunity cost. I can save 3% doing $1K full pay but hypothetically can earn more investing that $1K over the next year in stocks, bonds, etc. At one point in 2022, the iBond with the US Treasury was earning nearly 10% interest.

So sounds like if you do the full pay, you get the 3% discount plus lock in the final price and KG has no recourse to increase shipping fees later on.

I’m leaning towards KG even though I never ordered from them before but will keep an eye out for a PO with Gundamit. Another collector mentioned Popcultcha is another option, presumably due to the good USD conversion rate.

Any apprehension about the full pay and placing all the money upfront for over a year?

I’ve done similar full pays over $1K but know that I’m at risk of losing the money if the business folds and am cognizant the window of protection likely expires prior to release (with credit cards, PayPal, etc).

Also, I think about the opportunity cost. I can save 3% doing $1K full pay but hypothetically can earn more investing that $1K over the next year in stocks, bonds, etc. At one point in 2022, the iBond with the US Treasury was earning nearly 10% interest.

So sounds like if you do the full pay, you get the 3% discount plus lock in the final price and KG has no recourse to increase shipping fees later on.

I’m leaning towards KG even though I never ordered from them before but will keep an eye out for a PO with Gundamit. Another collector mentioned Popcultcha is another option, presumably due to the good USD conversion rate.
I do have that apprehension now, which is why I’ve exclusively been slapping deposits down for the last 9 months or so.

The 4 figure set only makes me contemplate paying up front to lock in that £60 shipping.
But, I really don’t feel comfortable giving up £1,300 to a company that could be gone by 2025 along with my PayPal protection window. Anything could happen.

I’m also waiting patiently to see GunDamit’s price. They took like 10 days to put JND Joker up and didn’t even confirm the final price- only the deposit- so, if that happens here, I’ll put a deposit with KG. It’s £45 more than paying upfront but I can use a £25 off voucher. I’ll just be at their mercy when it comes time to pay for shipping.

Airmail costs double the boat shipping but would arrive 5 times faster. These giant premium sets are stunning but such a hassle to order.

Paying full upfront has its advantages: getting it out of the way so you don’t have to worry about it later 😅.

KG is good. I’ve used them before, but my go to’s are OSK, Giantoy and Gundamit. Apparently specfiction are pretty good, but I’ve yet to place an order thru them.

I do have that apprehension now, which is why I’ve exclusively been slapping deposits down for the last 9 months or so.

The 4 figure set only makes me contemplate paying up front to lock in that £60 shipping.
But, I really don’t feel comfortable giving up £1,300 to a company that could be gone by 2025 along with my PayPal protection window. Anything could happen.

I’m also waiting patiently to see GunDamit’s price. They took like 10 days to put JND Joker up and didn’t even confirm the final price- only the deposit- so, if that happens here, I’ll put a deposit with KG. It’s £45 more than paying upfront but I can use a £25 off voucher. I’ll just be at their mercy when it comes time to pay for shipping.

Airmail costs double the boat shipping but would arrive 5 times faster. These giant premium sets are stunning but such a hassle to order.

I think the upfront goes to Kit though no? I mean, that’s if you place it thru him. I’m positive he’ll refund you in full if the worst was to happen. I don’t know about KG, but I’m sure they’ll do the same.

Back