InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the fact that InArt changed this release from being very limited will also effect it negatively, it absolutely cannot be produced in the numbers the InArt Ledger set was or this will not sell.
They're not producing more then what's being placed on PO. If only 1000 orders are placed, that's how much they're going to make. Happened with Pennywise, which now has a low edition size due to the low PO amount. They 100% know this isn't selling Ledger Joker amount. John said they just didn't limit the amount in case scalpers bought the lot to resell for later. They rather just leave it open and then produce however many orders are placed.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Premium from Spec to be honest. $1500. Sell the clown version for even $200-$300 flat and you're already at $1200/$1300 for Arthur/Joker/Bathroom. Might make more sense to do that then going for the deluxe. Problem with Spec is I have no idea how their shipping and tax works. I don't see one being applied when I test their check out process with the deposit and full price so I think there isn't one? Shipping can kill it though.

I built in more money for Kit -- he needs to get paid for splitting and packing separate boxes, etc. But of course I prefer your lower prices.

The all in 4 pack is almost $1,800 with Kit right?

Red suit: $550
Arthur Fleck: $450
Bathroom Fleck: $450
Hospital: $350

Still tough sales.

They're not producing more then what's being placed on PO. If only 1000 orders are placed, that's how much they're going to make. Happened with Pennywise, which now has a low edition size due to the low PO amount. They 100% know this isn't selling Ledger Joker amount. John said they just didn't limit the amount in case scalpers bought the lot to resell for later. They rather just leave it open and then produce however many orders are placed.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Premium from Spec to be honest. $1500. Sell the clown version for even $200-$300 flat and you're already at $1200/$1300 for Arthur/Joker/Bathroom. Might make more sense to do that then going for the deluxe. Problem with Spec is I have no idea how their shipping and tax works. I don't see one being applied when I test their check out process with the deposit and full price so I think there isn't one? Shipping can kill it though.
Thanks for the clarification about their numbers, good choice to go that route to avoid excess.

Spec charges tax which obviously will vary dependent on where you’re located. What’s your sales tax percentage?

Spec is offering $50 flat rate for Deluxe to ship anywhere in the US & Canada.

$60 flat rate for Premium anywhere in the US & Canada.

These shipping quotes expire on March 1st however, so if you want it through him that’s your cut off. No telling how much shipping will cost after, unless these don’t sell well.

Yea, splitting the 2 pack is the only safe bet for Kit, splitting the 4 pack is asking for left over product.

I understand your thought process Holo, to sell off the hospital figure, but then I’d also want to sell off the Arthur and only keep the bathroom and red suit, but that’s easier said than done. I dont see someone wanting to buy Arthur for $500 and the hospital for $300. Maybe $600 ish for both of those combined on the aftermarket, but then there’s shipping, eBay fees, possible scammers, just sounds like too much of a headache for me to invest $1,800 into. Best route imo would be grab the red suit parted out through kit, then buy the bathroom figure for cheap later on, not many will want to keep it with limited pose ability and lack of eyes, it’s more or less a 1:6 statue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification about their numbers, good choice to go that route to avoid excess.

Spec charges tax which obviously will vary dependent on where you’re located. What’s your sales tax percentage?

Spec is offering $50 flat rate for Deluxe to ship anywhere in the US & Canada.

$60 flat rate for Premium anywhere in the US & Canada.

These shipping quotes expire on March 1st however, so if you want it through him that’s your cut off. No telling how much shipping will cost after, unless these don’t sell well.

Yea, splitting the 2 pack is the only safe bet for Kit, splitting the 4 pack is asking for left over product.

I understand your thought process Holo, to sell off the hospital figure, but then I’d also want to sell off the Arthur and only keep the bathroom and red suit, but that’s easier said than done. I dont see someone wanting to buy Arthur for $500 and the hospital for $300. Maybe $600 ish for both of those combined on the aftermarket.
I don't see any tax being applied when checking out with the deposit or full price though, is that something they tack on when the figure releases? Same for the shipping price. They charge it once the figure releases so it can end up being more than $50/$60.

fZOFuJs.png
mrjgwfm.png

Even selling Arthur + Hospital at $600 will net you the Bathroom + Murray at roughly $1000. You'd get what you want while getting 2 figures at the retail HK price. Not bad honestly but that really only works with these Spec prices.

I don't see any tax being applied when checking out with the deposit or full price though, is that something they tack on when the figure releases? Same for the shipping price. They charge it once the figure releases so it can end up being more then $50/$60.

fZOFuJs.png
mrjgwfm.png

Even selling Arthur + Hospital at $600 will net you the Bathroom + Murray at roughly $1000. You'd get what you want while getting 2 figures at the retail HK price. Not bad.
Todd will honor the shipping quotes if your order is placed by March 1st, if you’re weary, I’d just screenshot an image of the shipping cost to store if you need to email him when the time comes. I only had to pay $45 shipping for the Deluxe rooted IA Ledger through him but that was back when he was receiving via a boat so flight shipping will more than likely vary. However he’s shipping from California so it will always be a cheaper price than shipping from HK if you’re in the states.

I recently had to pay tax on the Type B JND Ledger Joker from him but used reward points I earned from the IA Ledger deluxe.

I think I'm going to pass on this InArt offering.

The initial excitement is over, the price is damn high as promised, and I'm too spooked by the Joker 2. There is the slim possibility of some cancelations (by choice or not) in 2025 so maybe reconsider then if that happens.
Same, I want to hold out to see what JND might give us. I’m also probably gonna buy that armory and have recently bought that type B JND Ledger, just paid the balance on the Wonder Ledger suit last night which was the deposit for this, too many purchases, too long wait times, a lot of indecisiveness at the moment. I feel a pause is needed, at least for me.

Does anyone know how to tell if Specfiction requires you to pay tax or not? Would it show up when you're paying for the deposit? Kind of leaning towards going with them on this one if I don't have to pay tax.
Depends on your state, unless the payment is made via Venmo or Zelle.

I believe SpecFic is located in CA so upwards of nearly 10% sales tax in the Golden State.

However, if you want to maximize your savings and brave enough to front the proceeds for a year, do a Full Pay and Venmo for an additional $40 flat discount, 3% overall discount and no sales tax.

$1,464 + Shipping @SpecFic vs. $1,778 Shipped @Kit

I don't see any tax being applied when checking out with the deposit or full price though, is that something they tack on when the figure releases? Same for the shipping price. They charge it once the figure releases so it can end up being more than $50/$60.

fZOFuJs.png
mrjgwfm.png

Even selling Arthur + Hospital at $600 will net you the Bathroom + Murray at roughly $1000. You'd get what you want while getting 2 figures at the retail HK price. Not bad honestly but that really only works with these Spec prices.

Are you outside CA?

You might be exempt but it’s best to verify with Todd.

I’m in CA and $31.11 tax shows up in my Cart for a $315 deposit ($346.11 Total).

I'm very curious what the sales on InArt Phoenix look like. I know they're only making what is PO'd so no real loss but I wonder if they anticipated higher sales then what they got today? I mean, when Kit suggests splitting the Deluxe within hours of PO day...

I'm very curious what the sales on InArt Phoenix look like. I know they're only making what is PO'd so no real loss but I wonder if they anticipated higher sales then what they got today? I mean, when Kit suggests splitting the Deluxe within hours of PO day...
People are exhausted, last year was insane and there’s still purchases from last year people are paying for, this year. How many of these $500+ figures should we swing every year, while still needing to make upgrades on them because they’re not good enough.

I guess InArt is not placing any restrictions on their distributors in their terms for sale for parting out the 2 or 4 packs (to be sold individually)?

Places like Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety regularly part out figures for parts but you never see Sideshow or Popcultcha do that.

I think the writing is on the wall, the majority are determined to only purchase one red suit Phoenix and are voting with their wallets. Very smart of Kit to see this and try to find a way to get ahead of it. Todd’s stuck with IA Ledgers and that was the talk of the town for a year straight. I’m glad Kit is selling this, and don’t want him to limit what products he orders in the future, but something has to give. JND Ledger is suffering too, any figure that isn’t on sideshow isn’t selling out instantly. It all points back to the aftermarket, if it’s not a sure sale with money to be made, it’s a costly gamble at these prices. InArt, JND, & Jazzinc are truly only for the minority.

Last edited:
Are you outside CA?

You might be exempt but it’s best to verify with Todd.

I’m in CA and $31.11 tax shows up in my Cart for a $315 deposit ($346.11 Total).
I'm in NY. Do they only charge tax if you're in Cali? If so, I might bite with Spec on this.

WB really messed this up if you ask me. Just no real reason there had to be this arbitrary $1,000 price tag. Just seems silly and is limiting the amount of people who want to buy these sets.

It’s not really on InArt because at least for the high price tag you get pretty full packages but still either way $1,000+ is just too much for this version of the Joker.
WB make so many weird decisions. They don't even let figures (like Peacemaker) from R-Rated media hold guns.

Back