InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still having a hard time understanding the praise that JND is getting for Supes. The Clark looks great, but that portrait is all sorts of off. For that kind of money, this isn’t even close.
I think with the way Inart's effort looks right now, the JND gets more praise. JND got the base sculpt right, but the paint application and hairstyle need to be tweaked on the Superman statue.

yeah the figure need work for sure unless they used this for reference
but hey at least hes smiling lol

chriswax.JPG

chriswax.JPG

I'm probably one of the few who would buy a good Dean Cain Superman figure or statue.
I hesitate to say the politics killed it for me, but all the Fox News stuff just makes me sad, man.:lol
I kind of get how Conservatives feel about DeNiro because I look at fixtures from my childhood, like Dean up there; I LOVED Lois and Clark and Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, growing up, and I’m just like “yeesh.” It’s not even about the actual politics so much as the vibe. When I see the likes of Dean Cain, Scott Baio, and Kevin Sorbo waging their twitter crusades or, in Cain’s case, going on Fox & Friends to talk about how Superman’s not Superman anymore because he’s got a bisexual super son, when he probably hasn’t touched a Superman comic since the ‘90s, it plays like a bitter, old B-Lister grasping whatever opportunity he can to try and stay relevant.

The worst part is that it’s not even that I can’t see him as Superman, anymore. It’s that my suspension of disbelief only stretches so far and I can’t see a universe where this Dean Cain ever stood a chance with *peak* Teri Hatcher. I’d believe he could fly, first. :lol

I hesitate to say the politics killed it for me, but all the Fox News stuff just makes me sad, man.:lol
Well, I guess it only kills it for you if you’re on the opposite side of their views and/or feel so strongly about it that you let it affect you. I tend to not let an actor’s personal life lessen my enjoyment of something they did or do that means something to me; so, for me, none of that stuff matters. I still periodically binge watch a few episodes at a time of Lois and Clark and enjoy it for what it is.

Probably best to not bring up politics though as that’s an easy recipe to blow up a thread.

Last edited:
I think of actors like I think of businesses--they are all better off making the world think that they are apolitical. You want people who vote for Rs and Ds to go see your movie, and buy your McDonald's hamburgers, and if you are outspoken, as Batfan says, you're just gonna piss a bunch of people off.

But back on topic, the statue they show up above has the same issue as the Inart figure, in my view. These are extremely talented artists doing their best, but that smirk is so damn hard to get right. I get the motivation. It's what makes Reeve distinctive and iconic in many ways. But if you can't get it 100% right, like Trevor Grove-level perfection, then best just not to go there. I don't think I've ever seen a statue or figure that nailed it.

When you see what Inart managed to make on previous protos, it’s very disappointing.
Sorry but both sculpts are awful IMO.
Seem like a bad scam from wish…

Back