InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer as much smiling sculpts as we can get seeing as how 99% of Superman merchandise nowadays just as him depicted as serious, mopey and angry. I want my dorky smiling Superman damnit.

bd89ae617b49b35c0a0ddc69b45b79ed0d38e55e.gif

clark-kent-superman.gif
I misremembered the scene where he gets “shot.” I assumed he had a more stern/stoic expression, but nope. He has an almost fourth-wall breaking cheekiness after the fact. I stand by my previous statement: I hope he comes with a bullet:

74eab3bea92cd4dee52cbc5e7009078296138499.gifv

I wonder how long it's be before for HT announces their CR Superman. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for best custom that they can pick up and get a head start. I still have a custom Superman costume (I think GeeWhiz but may be the Yunsil) and Clark Kent head sculpt in storage.

I wonder how long it's be before for HT announces their CR Superman. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for best custom that they can pick up and get a head start. I still have a custom Superman costume (I think GeeWhiz but may be the Yunsil) and Clark Kent head sculpt in storage.
I'm at the point where even if HT does a new Cavill or Reeve they can suck it. If they're only going to revisit franchises and put the extra effort in to try and take away from IA, instead of because they wanted to improve on their previous attempts, then it just shows they're not genuinely interested in any of this stuff. It's purely a way to make and sell product and passion and artistry has nothing to do with it.

Gipetto and I actually like the Artisan Joker, but I do find it hilarious how Howard’s being hoisted by his own petard after decades of putting everything on the back burner for Marvel and Star Wars.:lol

The profound irony is that the enthusiasm people are experiencing is the same enthusiasm people felt for Hot Toys years ago. The InArt Joker solicits brought me back to being a 13 year old looking at the DX 01 picture set online and having his mind blown and these two shadowy silhouettes over here transport me to that first “Christopher Reeve Superman” announcement slide (back when it was supposed to be a DX). The same anticipation people spent close to two years awaiting a payoff to (that HT finally delivered with the MMS 152), we’re getting in a weekend…with Clark Kent to boot!

Gipetto and I actually like the Artisan Joker, but I do find it hilarious how Howard’s being hoisted by his own petard after decades of putting everything on the back burner for Marvel and Star Wars.:lol

The profound irony is that the enthusiasm people are experiencing is the same enthusiasm people felt for Hot Toys years ago. The InArt Joker solicits brought me back to being a 13 year old looking at the DX 01 picture set online and having his mind blown and these two shadowy silhouettes over here transport me to that first “Christopher Reeve Superman” announcement slide (back when it was supposed to be a DX). The same anticipation people spent close to two years awaiting a payoff to (that HT finally delivered with the MMS 152), we’re getting in a weekend…with Clark Kent to boot!

Well said! Certainly echoes the excitement I had when the HT BR joker was shown in the MILK magazine scans.

Well said! Certainly echoes the excitement I had when the HT BR joker was shown in the MILK magazine scans.
I’m not gonna lie: I’ve stated in the past that the biggest reason I like the artisan Joker as much as I do is because of how expressive the sculpt is, but I would be cackling if IA just surprised everybody with their first “accessory pack” on display or, even, a BR Joker with alternate heads (much how HT offered their “upgrade” for that godawful first Joker with their BR figure) and just completely killed the excitement.:lol

Same! I mentioned something similar in the InArt Cavill Sups thread, though not as eloquently put as yourself :lol
I miss how exciting it used to be to see those MILK magazine scans! The figures typically looked so good in those shots!
I’m not gonna lie: I’ve stated in the past that the biggest reason I like the artisan Joker as much as I do is because of how expressive the sculpt is, but I would be cackling if IA just surprised everybody with their first “accessory pack” on display or, even, a BR Joker with alternate heads (much how HT offered their “upgrade” for that godawful first Joker with their BR figure) and just completely killed the excitement.:lol
Ha! Yea, I feel like the cycle is going to continue in some way or fashion. I would probably buy that InArt BR Joker set too just for the new headsculpt(s) just like I did back then too :lol

Last edited:
Been a little hesitant on the whether or not I should get the Cavill Supes. Seeing this, I'm glad I didn't.
Reeves, like so any other folks here, is my Superman as well. Can't wait to see the reveal.
I like Henry, he deserves better...but Reeve has the best movies, the better portrayal.

I loved the personalities of Lois and Jimmy and Perry....and the his dad and mother, the way they were portrayed were very idealized. A loving father with inspirational words and a caring mother. Lois even acted like a reporter.

I always liked the part where Clark's earthly dad passed as it shows mortality and he cannot save everyone. The way Smallville was portrayed was inviting and ideal small town American farm.

If anyone compares Superman/2 with MOS, the acting in Superman is amazing. I do understand Lex is a bit eccentric, but Gen Hackman was superb.

This is my#1 want. I am not selling my hot toys as I love everything Reeve. I can finally pose my Superman(Hot Toys) and not care about suit stretching and so on.

Inart is my displayed piece while Hot Toys will be in my action pose.

Sculpt is a little rough, but they will definitely fix it. I was more concerned about the texture of the suit, sewn emblems, and overall proportions and they nailed it!! Definitely grabbing this, excited to see more pictures

Sculpt is a little rough, but they will definitely fix it. I was more concerned about the texture of the suit, sewn emblems, and overall proportions and they nailed it!! Definitely grabbing this, excited to see more pictures
This is exactly where I’m at with it. They killed it with the suit and there’s no way there aren’t going to be extra two sculpts. I want to see Clark and I want to see when this guy is going up for order. I feel like he, most assuredly, will see plenty of revisions.

I like the diorama in the background but yeeeeea, that needs LOTS of work. Sewn emblem looks good but not digging much else from the one pic we have. The brim of Clark's hat is looking a bit small as well.

It looks like he doesn't have the traditional wrist-pegs since the sleeve tend to ride up passed the wrist which I think is a nice touch

Last edited:
That is one rough prototype right there. I like the color of the suit and the sewn emblem. The body isn’t any better than HTs though.

Back