InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then I read most of your posts in Obi-Wan’s voice which makes everything better.
1695953901054.gif

Aside from that cheap shot about how we’re so enthralled with InArt that we’re letting things slide….

😡😡😡

I still like you 😉

you’re still cool to me.

I mean, did that comment make me wanna tear my arm off and throw it at you? Sure…but who hasn’t felt that way about certain people they’ve come across in their life right??

😁
Haha I wasn’t trying to take a shot at anyone. Just an observation of the way InArt threads tend to go. I’m not trying to be an InArt hater or anything as I have all but Pennywise on order, so I have money in the game and no reason to want them to fail. I get excited about their releases too. But I think it’s pretty plain to see the differences.

That said, I still like HT, ThreeZero, and Sideshow as they’re still making figures of characters I like. I even liked StarAce for the time they had the HP license as they gave me many figures of characters I wanted before InArt came along.

The thing with InArt is they’re new and exciting almost in the way that HT was exciting at the time of the TDK releases; therefore, I think it’s natural to have a certain level of forgiveness, or, as you say, letting things slide, due to there being an overwhelming joy of “I’m just glad X character is being at this level of quality.” It’s interesting to see the pattern sort of repeat itself now that there’s some real competition to HT that isn’t folding over so quickly in the way that Enterbay unfortunately did. I think ppl don’t like me calling it out though as it feels like an attack maybe; and I’m more than sure my delivery isn’t the best, but it’s fun to me to see it unfold yet again in almost the exact same way a decade and half later.

I definitely want a new Routhman. I thought SooSooToys version of Kingdom Come inspired Routhman would fill that void…but it left a lot to be desired.

I didn’t hate it. After I replaced the stock body with a BvS batfleck body it became an enjoyable figure. And the headsculpt…well, it was better than HTs offering and-at best-decent.

Definitely would like InArt to take a stab at it.
I had high hopes for the SooSoo version as well when they teased him, but was pretty let down by the reveal. Plus, I would really prefer a Returns version over the KC look from the Arrowverse.

Talk about letting things slide, have you seen the discussions about Hot Toys... or Asmus?
Ooo what’s been let slidden? Sled? Seems like ppl like the recent HT Spider man releases but almost equally dislike the Artisan Wanda and comic Iron Man?
I love Routh, but if I could only get one more Superman figure from Inart, it would be George Reeves. With fake padded muscles and all.
I’d take either, though I’d have a preference for Routh between those two. That said, while I’m not old enough to have watched them live, George Reeves was the first live action Superman I ever saw. First, from the I Love Lucy episode then again from VHS rental of Superman and the Mole Men. I currently have the V2 George Reeves figure from Unleashed Viper Customs.

Last edited:
Just trying not to get my hopes up until it's there for pre-order.

Hot Toys tease and never make tactics have damaged me psychologically. :lol
Hot Toys locks down liscenses so no once can never make another and they will never release another....only tease us, until a 3rd party threatens their hierarchy.

I bet a month after this, they will announce a Reeve 2.0!

Haha I wasn’t trying to take a shot at anyone. Just an observation of the way InArt threads tend to go. I’m not trying to be an InArt hater or anything as I have all but Pennywise on order, so I have money in the game and no reason to want them to fail. I get excited about their releases too. But I think it’s pretty plain to see the differences.

That said, I still like HT, ThreeZero, and Sideshow as they’re still making figures of characters I like. I even liked StarAce for the time they had the HP license as they gave me many figures of characters I wanted before InArt came along.

The thing with InArt is they’re new and exciting almost in the way that HT was exciting at the time of the TDK releases; therefore, I think it’s natural to have a certain level of forgiveness, or, as you say, letting things slide, due to there being an overwhelming joy of “I’m just glad X character is being at this level of quality.” It’s interesting to see the pattern sort of repeat itself now that there’s some real competition to HT that isn’t folding over so quickly in the way that Enterbay unfortunately did. I think ppl don’t like me calling it out though as it feels like an attack maybe; and I’m more than sure my delivery isn’t the best, but it’s fun to me to see it unfold yet again in almost the exact same way a decade and half later.

Nah I’m just teasing you….

….but those words cut me deep bro. Real Deep. Felt it in my soul…

🤪

Hot Toys locks down liscenses so no once can never make another and they will never release another....only tease us, until a 3rd party threatens their hierarchy.

I bet a month after this, they will announce a Reeve 2.0!
That would be fine with me, as I'd be really curious to see an updated HT Reeve anyway.

The one difference though is if the sculpt isn't quite there at first, we can be sure Inart will listen to feedback and actually make improvements. Without us needing to burn down the internet in outrage first. Lol

I actually thought the body proportions were pretty spot on with that figure. I've seen people try various alternatives and seamless bodies over the years, and they always end up looking much worse and nothing at all like Reeve's body.

I am sure InArt will make a great Christopher Reeve Superman which I will definitely purchase.

i would love them to follow up with a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman after that. They would display well together with either an Adam West or Michael Keaton Batman. QMX came close to producing Lynda but dropped the ball after Nanjin left the company.

taaigahmmfa91.jpg

Yeah, he's got more of the traditional threat. Lex became an even bigger trickster type villain in the sequel.

But Hackman just stole every scene he was in in the first movie.

My lawyer will be in touch with you about the damage to the door.

*being tossed easily aside, and then when Supes opens the box* I told you.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The most sinister Lex was when he wasn't seen, just heard, at that super-high frequency with his narcissistic threats.
Yup. That must have been dialogue by Tom Mankiewicz.

View attachment 665658

I had high hopes for the SooSoo version as well when they teased him, but was pretty let down by the reveal. Plus, I would really prefer a Returns version over the KC look from the Arrowverse.

Ooo what’s been let slidden? Sled? Seems like ppl like the recent HT Spider man releases but almost equally dislike the Artisan Wanda and comic Iron Man?

I’d take either, though I’d have a preference for Routh between those two. That said, while I’m not old enough to have watched them live, George Reeves was the first live action Superman I ever saw. First, from the I Love Lucy episode then again from VHS rental of Superman and the Mole Men. I currently have the V2 George Reeves figure from Unleashed Viper Customs.
People like InArt not due to them being the exciting new company, but because the quality of their work is significantly better than any other competitor. That is the only reason.

Give me Chris Reeve. I was hoping 3rd part would give him the 5 Headsculpt plus Figure treatment line they did with the Boys Figure.

Want a angry and smiling Reeve.

People like InArt not due to them being the exciting new company, but because the quality of their work is significantly better than any other competitor. That is the only reason.
I wasn’t saying that is the reason ppl like InArt. There’s more to the conversation that’s sort of been across other threads than what you’re quoting here where it’s ended. So you don’t have the full context. I’d rather not bog down another thread by starting it up from the beginning again though :duff

I agree, from the looks, their quality overall appears to be great even if I’m not blown away by TDK Joker or Cavill Sups really. I’m hoping I will be more impress by Gandalf, Aragorn and The Batman though.

Last edited:
Inart became me really happy
I think to be one of more old collector, born in 1969, I can remember when ten years old I saw The Superman in theatre.
Never anyone is Superman for me after Reeve
I thought that Cavill was a really good Superman, but Cristopher is my Superman become real directly from comics pages
Obviously I have Hot Toys version, but Inart promise to will be an incredible upgrade,
So thanks a lot Inart

That would be fine with me, as I'd be really curious to see an updated HT Reeve anyway.

The one difference though is if the sculpt isn't quite there at first, we can be sure Inart will listen to feedback and actually make improvements. Without us needing to burn down the internet in outrage first. Lol
The suit was terrible. The rubber logo that cracked and the easy pulled material drove me nuts. Hoping Inart stitch the emblem which I think they will.

Attachments

• hot toys supes cracked emblem.png
    hot toys supes cracked emblem.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 0
The suit was terrible. The rubber logo that cracked and the easy pulled material drove me nuts. Hoping Inart stitch the emblem which I think they will.
I agree but it would be incredibly hard to get that kind of fine stitching in 1/6. That’s really going to be the challenge of this figure in general. At baseline reeves costume is very “doll-like”. It’s not something that easily will translate to 1/6, it’s not piles of layered rags like a lord of the rings character or even something that has an interesting rubberized texture like cavill superman. I am really interested to see how this translates to 1/6 in a way that won’t make it look like a Barbie doll. The hot toys version, regardless if the S cracked or wasn’t screen accurate, looked like a doll, even if it had the best S and best headsculpt on earth- which it didn’t lol. If anyone can do it inart can though.

Last edited:
Back