In which category do you think Hot Toys needs to improve?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely agree about QC, but I'd also like to throw in that they need to better utilize the talent that they have, as well as reassessing their priorities in terms of figure releases/quality. Indiana Jones is a shining example of this. First of all, HT has a ton of sculptors who are just as talented as Arnie Kim, and capable of sculpting Indy. The bottom line is that HT put too much on Kim. With two iconic characters in Superman and Indy, one was bound to get the short end of the stick, judging by Superman's final image, it's clear that Kim focused more on him.

Had HT given Indy to another sculptor, this issue could've been avoided entirely. Another issue is the way that HT handled the situation. Rather than utilizing Superman's being complete as a way for Kim to focus on Indy, they instead chose to put him out within one week of Superman's release, almost as if to sweep him under the rug while everyone was focused on Superman. They could've just delayed the figure and improved on it, with Superman out

yeah this is a good point.
I think they also didn't want to ruin their numbering system and Captain Jack Sparrow being ready would have meant either releasing DX05 after DX06 or delaying Jack for no reason.

Other than putting up with empty fanboy screaming, I think in the long run it would have been better with Indy coming out after Jack.

I have been closely monitoring this thread and i was able to come up and compile your sentiments and feedbacks.

I have gathered 35 feedbacks. For some posts, I used my judgement to tag a category if it falls on quality, sculpting, packaging, accessories or price.

I did a little scoring system, based on rank wherein the first item u gave/stated gets 5 points.

To site an example:

SSC ID1 answered
1. Price (5 points)
2. QC (4 points)
3. Sculpt (3 points)
4. Accessories (2 points)
5. Packaging (1 point)

Here are the results:

1. 44% has indicated that QUALITY CONTROL is a major concern which should be rectified and/or revisited by Hot Toys.

2. 34% PRICE is another concern that needs to given absolute reality check.

3. SCULPTING ranks 3rd with 17%. HT is on top of this game but there is still room for improvement

4. ACCESSORIES with 4%, i recall someone said they should come up with new bases, something unique for each line.

5. PACKAGING - 1%

"History keeps repeating itself if we do not learn from it". I got that quote from Gundam Wing EW as mentioned by Heero Yuy. Indeed, Hot Toys should learn from their mistakes. Acquiring licenses and not being able to finish lines leaves us totally disgusted to the point of shifting to another toy line/toy maker. HT should stop acquiring $#!++y movie, video game licenses that no one wants to buy. It's a waste of everything.

Also, don't you think it's about time they upgrade their black and white leaflet or should i say manual? Even a bootleg Gundam model kit can afford to provide a colored manual, how much more for a high end adult collectible 1/6 scale toy figure?

Please continue to leave feedbacks particularly the ranking. Hopefully this will serve as a rude wake up call for Hot Toys.

Thank you guys and stay happy :clap

Definitely price. And to stop totally milking the crap out of certain licences, and re-releasing better versions of figure soon after the previous version sells out. Releasing 3 jokers in such a short timespan was very frustrating.

Every Christmas we should get a free surprise figure arrive at our door with a personal thank you note from Howard, thanking us for making him filthy rich ;)

I'd like them to devote a little more time and effort to their "less active" licenses, like,say,APES!...PS

1 Quality - almost 1/2 of all Hot Toys figures I buy have minor issues. Broken joints, limb seams not fully glued together, and very very fragile components and accessories.

2. Price - Hot Toys will soon be outside my price range. I love these toys but the costs are climbing with almost every figure release.

3. Sculpt - Always exceptional, I just care more about 1 & 2 and less about 4 & 5.

4. Accessories - sometime accessories are a little sparse, other times amazing. More consistency between products would be nice.

5. Packaging - this is one I really never cared about

Definitely price. And to stop totally milking the crap out of certain licences, and re-releasing better versions of figure soon after the previous version sells out. Releasing 3 jokers in such a short timespan was very frustrating.

Agreed, though not just on Joker, Batman and Iron Man too have had too many revisits to existing versions.

I'd like them to devote a little more time and effort to their "less active" licenses, like,say,APES!...PS

Those damn dirty Apes!
:lol

I'd say they need to focus and improve on public relations and quality control.

I don't like that their prices are increasing but that's happening with everything these days. From food to entertainment, everything has gotten expensive. I think their character selection is fine even though I don't particularly care for even half of what they have to offer (if it ain't Terminator or Batman related, chances are I don't care unless it's that lone Spider-Man or Robocop).

So yeah, focus on quality control and public relations. Hot Toys Community is nice, but I'm sick of all this ambiguity. Let fans in on what you're up to, share some info that goes into the collectibles and what's going on. Most importantly at least pretend you care about your customers. Their customer service is atrocious and I don't think the language barrier should be the blame. They need to step it up.

What else could be said about quality control. At $200 plus damage should be caused by the mishandling of a collector, not right out of a minty, sealed box.

They really need to stop making such a range and really narrow their focus to be nothing but Batman, Iron Man and Terminator.

Back