In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raiders came out six years before I was born so it was a bit before my time. It must've been an amazing movie to see for the very first time back in 1981.

So how old were you when you first watched Raiders? Was it the first Indy movie you saw or did you see maybe Last Crusade first and then saw the other two?

I think it's interesting that you seem to be such a big fan of the movie, but its original release and all the hoopla that surrounded it didn't hit you at that magical adolescent time of around age 8-12. I mean, to you it must have seemed like just an "old movie".

I think my aunt suggested i watch it when i was 7 or 8. I was completely blown away. No other movie has ever affected me as much i would say. So after i had seen it, ToD was next and i saw Last Crusade at the cinema with my Dad and sister. It was kind of an indy marathon i guess. So it did hit me at that magical age, just not when the movie was originally released.

Did you get to see it at the cinema Lu? That would have been special imo!

I was 10 when it was released to theaters. My parents dragged me to see it. I wasn't interested in it until I realized that Indy was Han Solo. :lol I was hooked after that.

I think my aunt suggested i watch it when i was 7 or 8. I was completely blown away. No other movie has ever affected me as much i would say. So after i had seen it, ToD was next and i saw Last Crusade at the cinema with my Dad and sister. It was kind of an indy marathon i guess. So it did hit me at that magical age, just not when the movie was originally released.

Did you get to see it at the cinema Lu? That would have been special imo!

Nice story! I'm glad that it still held your attention especially considering it was so many years later and there were so many other movies out there to latch on to.

Same with you, Shadow Master.

Yep, I saw it in the theaters when it first came out. I was 8 and it blew me away as well, even more so than the SW movies which I loved too. I remember seeing the trailer for it and knowing it was Han in his own adventure! I even thought Marion was going to be played by Carrie Fisher! I distinctly remember which trailer it was too. It was the one where the announcer said: " 1975: Jaws. 1977: Star Wars. 1978: Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 1980: The Empire Strikes Back" with the words appearing onscreen, and then the scenes started.

I loved the movie and I remember I used to reenact the going under the truck scene all the time by going under my bed pretending that was the truck! I had the little 3 3/4 figure, but I always wanted the 12" figure of Indy that I would see advertised in comic books and sci if magazines. When Sideshow did theirs, I had to have it to fulfill that lifelong desire! :)

Last Crusade
Raiders
Temple of Doom
Crystal Skull

I actually don't hate Crystal Skull, but it's definitely the weakest.

Nice story! I'm glad that it still held your attention especially considering it was so many years later and there were so many other movies out there to latch on to.

Same with you, Shadow Master.

Yep, I saw it in the theaters when it first came out. I was 8 and it blew me away as well, even more so than the SW movies which I loved too. I remember seeing the trailer for it and knowing it was Han in his own adventure! I even thought Marion was going to be played by Carrie Fisher! I distinctly remember which trailer it was too. It was the one where the announcer said: " 1975: Jaws. 1977: Star Wars. 1978: Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 1980: The Empire Strikes Back" with the words appearing onscreen, and then the scenes started.

I loved the movie and I remember I used to reenact the going under the truck scene all the time by going under my bed pretending that was the truck! I had the little 3 3/4 figure, but I always wanted the 12" figure of Indy that I would see advertised in comic books and sci if magazines. When Sideshow did theirs, I had to have it to fulfill that lifelong desire! :)

I hear you there. The days of being a little kid wearing a fedora and using a cord pretending it was a whip and pretending your room was a tomb :) Good times.

I feel that Crystal Skull and On Stranger Tides are stand alone movies and are "gateway" movies if I want a quick fix of IJ OR POTC. And don't feel like diving into the trilogy!

Raiders
Temple is a close second
Crusade

Crystal. I've tried really hard to like this movie. I like the concept, understand the era it is set in and the homage to the campy sci-fi of that time, even like the fridge scene but the dialogue is just so forced and they tried to make Indy a stand-up comic with so many one liners that it is just embarrassing.

I was scarred for life the first time I saw Raiders. I was just a little kid and was super excited to see the movie with my brother. I remember seeing the preview and how awesome it looked. Somehow my mom got confused and ended up going in the theater showing Chariots of Fire. I remember sitting there horrified and watching this awful movie that was way above me at the time and just wondering when they were going to stop running and finally pull out a bullwhip.

1. Raiders
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom
4. Most of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
5. Crystal Skull

I got to see Raiders when it was first in theaters and LOVED it as a kid. I was quite thrilled just a couple of weeks ago that I was able to bring my son to see it at a local theatre and share it with him on the big screen.

1. Raiders
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom
4. Most of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
5. Crystal Skull

I got to see Raiders when it was first in theaters and LOVED it as a kid. I was quite thrilled just a couple of weeks ago that I was able to bring my son to see it at a local theatre and share it with him on the big screen.

Oh man, I don't know about the young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I'm an avid Indy fan that believes those DO NOT belong in a museum, but to each there own. It's nice that you got to see Indy in the theater with your son though. I have a four year old boy who refuses to go see movies for some reason, but my goal is to change that before Star Wars comes out.

My youngest son is the same way-really hates to see movies in the theater. He's getting better, but he will not be joining us for Star Wars. Fortunately my older son has the same tastes I do, and my oldest daughter is thinking of coming too. It'll be a regular family affair!

Good luck with your son-I hope you get to see it with him!

I still regret not catching the Raiders re-release back in 2012. Maybe for the 35th anniversary in 2016 we'll get something?

Harrison isn't looking bad at all from how he's looking in The Force Awakens and think he could do Indy at least once more. Maybe this year we'll finally get Indy 5 news?

Harrison isn't looking bad at all from how he's looking in The Force Awakens and think he could do Indy at least once more. Maybe this year we'll finally get Indy 5 news?

Fingers crossed shadowmaster!! Waiting 7 years seem like a lifetime already. No one's getting any adventure vibes with all this waiting ! :impatient:

Mines changed since the last time I ranked them. The older I got the more the list changed.

I can't choose between ROTLA and TLC

1. The Last Crusade/Raiders Of The Lost Ark
2. Temple Of Doom
3. KOTCS

Back