In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Crusade
Raiders
Temple of Doom
what was the fourth one called?:lol

I will say.. in defense of CS... that my daughter loves it... as do a number of nieces and nephews.. and in the end I guess that sort of serves the purpose of introducing another generation to Indy... there was a post made on another forum that made the same point wherein a guy stated that while watching CS at the theatre with his young son the film came to the scene where Mutt was swinging with the monkeys.. his immediate reaction was ( as all of us did) to roll his eyes and go, "noooo... they can't do this to Indy movies !?!?"... and looked at his son ( who was around 7 or 8 if I remember correctly) and he grinned and said "cooool".... so yeah... not my favorite Indy film.. but I have a blast watching it with my daughter... she thinks the "skeleon" martians are scary and fun...

#1 Raiders – probably the most amazing adventure film to be ever made, most people see Schindler’s List as Spielberg’s best, I say it’s Raiders, cause no matter how often I see it, it never gets old, Schindler’s List was so damn depressing I can’t even watch it a second time around.

#2 Temple of Doom – I saw this one first when I was 5 and fell in LOVE with the Indy “universe”, so for me it’s always been a sentimental thing.

#3 Last Crusade, excellent film and the only reason I ranked it after Temple of Doom is because of nostalgia, aside from that it’s a solid trilogy IMO.

#4 is an embarrassment, saw it 3 times thinking it was me who was missing something, but it’s definitely the film, not sure what’s worse, Transformers or Crystal Skull, at least they both have Shia LaBeouf in it as a uniting but also vomit inducing factor!

I just finished watching the 4 again this week. Not much has changed for me in how I'd rank them.

1. Last Crusade
2. Raiders
3. Temple
4. Skull

Raiders Of The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
The Temple Of Doom

Even though Doom is last, I still love it. Crystal Skull can only be placed on a film's I don't like list.

Mine happens to be in release order.

1. Raiders (my best film of all time)
2. Temple of Doom (a rare sequel that tries something completely different)
3. Last Crusade (effectively a PG remake of Raiders, Sean Connery saved it)
4. Crystal Skull (what were they thinking?)

1. Raiders (great film, never get tired of watching it)
2. Doom (also great film and challenges for #1 falling jut short. Introduced me to the world of Indy)
3. Crusade (didn't have the 'wow' factor of the 1st 2 but still a good flick. It's got knights and nazi's so you can't really go wrong)
4. Skull (they almost did it. For about 40 mins I was entertained by a pretty good flick. It wasn't great but it was Indy enough for me to enjoy myself. Then th aliens came, they got to the jungle it it all just went to hell)

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Temple of Doom (Hard to choose between this one a TLC as my #2 fave but the dinner scene is one of my all time favorite scenes so I have to give Doom the edge)
3. The Last Crusade
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

1.Raiders of the Lost Ark
2.Temple of Doom
3.Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4.Last Crusade

Back