[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me make this easy for everyone .Customs cost more, just like bottled water. You drink from the tap or from a delicious bottle your choice.

Sensing sarcasm but you do know theres nothing special about bottled water right? In fact tap water is almost always better quality as its tested and purified far more frequently... Bottled water is the biggest scam going :lol

Sensing sarcasm but you do know theres nothing special about bottled water right? In fact tap water is almost always better quality as its tested and purified far more frequently... Bottled water is the biggest scam going :lol

Hmmmmm... I prefer bottled (depending on the brand of course), a thousand times over tap. Tap water has very high amounts of fluoride and chlorine.

Not in Arizona. High calcium deposits and high chlorine. Makes for some terrible tasting pizza.

We elitist drink new bottled water, first the water come from the tears of Knock off TTM19 customers, then it is filtered through Rainman's non oval Bill V2 vest. The bottle is gently sat between the buttocks of Denny's ********* representative and he does one handed push ups. We call it WAKE Me Up Water Elite! It's delicious

We elitist drink new bottled water, first the water come from the tears of Knock off TTM19 customers, then it is filtered through Rainman's non oval Bill V2 vest. The bottle is gently sat between the buttocks of Denny's ********* representative and he does one handed push ups. We call it WAKE Me Up Water Elite! It's delicious
Best post ever?!?!

Best post ever?!?!

I would comment at length but Im in the middle of producing a new batch.

I was aking some simple questions, this isnt my area of expertise and I stated nothing as "fact" I asked for some clarification on a point I saw made

And (still reading back) you said licensed figures cost more $$ (20k+) so why would a licensed figure (still considered custom or Indie) cost less? could Denny license these to bring the price down? or is it just production numbers..?

I am just a blip in the radar, but I've looked into mass production and I concur with Wake's statement about the licensing. I can, right now, go to a chinese factory with my headsculpt and have it mold and cast and painted. Each cast and painted head would cost $15 to make, that's very affordable, BUT you have to make at least 2000+ pieces plus the cost of the mold which is 10k. Same with clothing, I know the factory HT uses to make the clothing, they request also a minimum of 5000 pieces at $25 or less even.

Example, let's say you hire a sculpt and he charges $1500 for a sculpt, and then hire a prototype painter to paint the sculpt and he charges $500. The investment in the head would be $2000. So I am going to produce 5000 figures, $2000 / 5000 = $0.4 per figure. So the sculpt would cost $15.4 each to produce.

So that's only on the clothing and head department. With big investment at low cost to produce, the end result would be obviously an affordable product. Meanwhile custom artists don't have that kind of monetary power to go full mass production on their product, Denny Kim being one close to that currently. While other artists like Rainman and Serang prefer to be just custom artists.

I'm not directing this comment to you LipSmack. I personally feel it is a little unfair to attack on custom artists and their prices, since all the production, time, investment is on the artist's own hands, not in a production line. Clothing alone costs around $200 to $300 each to make, that's a big big chunk out of the collectors pocket, it's not our fault nor the tailors as those prices are for a minimal run of 20 to 30 pieces. Custom artists can't afford to go head to head with the big guns because of investment, otherwise we would do it, at least I know I would. I can complain all day about Rolls Royce making expensive cars (same applies to custom cars by reknown garages) becuase I can buy a fleet of Toyotas with that money, but they are directed to a different costumer, someone who likes not only the car itself, but the name and the company. Some buy cars because it's a medium for transport, others because they see more than cars, they love speed, they love the sound of the engine, they love the freedom that the car evokes, the love to cruise across the country, to personalize the car, to add more horse power, etc. I know it's stupid to compare cars to toys, but it's the same principle. (I love cars too).

Peace and love guys, just respect each others opinion. If you think something is expensive, just spend somewhere else, I don't see the need to put down another human being just because we don't agree with their pricing, there is always someone or something that is made to fit our needs, just keep looking.

I am just a blip in the radar, but I've looked into mass production and I concur with Wake's statement about the licensing. I can, right now, go to a chinese factory with my headsculpt and have it mold and cast and painted. Each cast and painted head would cost $15 to make, that's very affordable, BUT you have to make at least 2000+ pieces plus the cost of the mold which is 10k. Same with clothing, I know the factory HT uses to make the clothing, they request also a minimum of 5000 pieces at $25 or less even.

Example, let's say you hire a sculpt and he charges $1500 for a sculpt, and then hire a prototype painter to paint the sculpt and he charges $500. The investment in the head would be $2000. So I am going to produce 5000 figures, $2000 / 5000 = $0.4 per figure. So the sculpt would cost $15.4 each to produce.

So that's only on the clothing and head department. With big investment at low cost to produce, the end result would be obviously an affordable product. Meanwhile custom artists don't have that kind of monetary power to go full mass production on their product, Denny Kim being one close to that currently. While other artists like Rainman and Serang prefer to be just custom artists.

I'm not directing this comment to you LipSmack. I personally feel it is a little unfair to attack on custom artists and their prices, since all the production, time, investment is on the artist's own hands, not in a production line. Clothing alone costs around $200 to $300 each to make, that's a big big chunk out of the collectors pocket, it's not our fault nor the tailors as those prices are for a minimal run of 20 to 30 pieces. Custom artists can't afford to go head to head with the big guns because of investment, otherwise we would do it, at least I know I would. I can complain all day about Rolls Royce making expensive cars (same applies to custom cars by reknown garages) becuase I can buy a fleet of Toyotas with that money, but they are directed to a different costumer, someone who likes not only the car itself, but the name and the company. Some buy cars because it's a medium for transport, others because they see more than cars, they love speed, they love the sound of the engine, they love the freedom that the car evokes, the love to cruise across the country, to personalize the car, to add more horse power, etc. I know it's stupid to compare cars to toys, but it's the same principle. (I love cars too).

Peace and love guys, just respect each others opinion. If you think something is expensive, just spend somewhere else, I don't see the need to put down another human being just because we don't agree with their pricing, there is always someone or something that is made to fit our needs, just keep looking.

Good posting mate! The people who complain about high prices should take a look at this knowledgable post.

Reputation points added for that!

On the subject of mass production and costs. Some people with know how have informed me just how huge HT's yearly take is... needless to say Howard Chan has a hong kong home valued at 12 million dollars.

Ryno or Clipperking please set up a figures talk round table man. Its gotten to the point where writing it down is irrelevant. This whupping needs to be handed out live an direct already. Posting comments from an iPhone ain't gonna cut it for me anymore.

My thoughts exactly

Hmmmmm... I prefer bottled (depending on the brand of course), a thousand times over tap. Tap water has very high amounts of fluoride and chlorine.

Which is why its better for you... Cleaner water. People often take "chlorine " as being in the drinking water, its not, its used as part of the method of cleaning the water, as for fluoride, that helps with oral health, and the science has been in on that for decades. In fact there are some places that removed fluoride from the water 5 ish years ago and theyre begining to see an increase in cavities and tooth decay among children... Bottled water is bottled directly from the ground water (even areas where fracking occured), and has very little to no over sight by the FDA for quality and health controls. Should read up on it, very insightful

On the subject of mass production and costs. Some people with know how have informed me just how huge HT's yearly take is... needless to say Howard Chan has a hong kong home valued at 12 million dollars.

oh ya, no doubt Howard Chan is sitting on a mountain of cash, he's probably one of, if not, the most successful entrepreneurs of the figure industry in HK.

Which is why its better for you... Cleaner water. People often take "chlorine " as being in the drinking water, its not, its used as part of the method of cleaning the water, as for fluoride, that helps with oral health, and the science has been in on that for decades. In fact there are some places that removed fluoride from the water 5 ish years ago and theyre begining to see an increase in cavities and tooth decay among children... Bottled water is bottled directly from the ground water (even areas where fracking occured), and has very little to no over sight by the FDA for quality and health controls. Should read up on it, very insightful
Maybe read up on what Cheungkinmen said... how about not diverting to the benefits of water purification rather than focusing on the original point you came to contend with here...

Johnny laid out a basic scenario that too pretty much till building the proto part. There are other factors into it to.

Think after you have got your initial sculptor and painter you spent $2000. Now production. Making the metal mould for mass production PVC sculpts/parts costs almost $3000 itself. And Im talking about good quality ones which hold detail well.
So for an initial ready for production model considering you will have a custom made PVC body (so every part will require its unique mold) may shoot upto close to 30/40k.

And then we havent even started production. Once production starts you have to invest in more money. Can you imagine then if you take a $220 priced HT and multiply it by the 7000-10000 units they make to see how much money has been invested to get that work done? Also remember since HT is already a running process they dont make unique bodies per figure anymore so slowly overtime the initial overheads are spread out.

And that comment from Rick that Carlito's Way is a custom figure exactly shows how ignorant he himself is about things in his collection. His lack of knowledge is spreads onto you. A simple Google search would have shown people that Carlito's Way was a Blitzway mass licensed collectible but no, thats the kind of misinformation that spreads when people blindly follow reviewers and what they say without experiencing and looking at other sources of information.

Last edited:
I've heard from sources in the know that HT has made as many as 30,000 units of certain releases.

And Marty is very likely to top that... With that volume, Phew...
Sometimes i actually feel bad for enterbay... I really liked what they were making and now its like a big disaster at their end! ...

I've heard from sources in the know that HT has made as many as 30,000 units of certain releases.

Back