[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys.... I recently moved and have to cover some unexpected expenses. Looking to sell my screen accurate Blondie horse and saddle. (I've already sold my trio).

Anyone interested? Make me an offer

Hey guys.... I recently moved and have to cover some unexpected expenses. Looking to sell my screen accurate Blondie horse and saddle. (I've already sold my trio).

Anyone interested? Make me an offer

You are selling it for retail right? Since you are associated with Masterworks? Haha

Have we all seen and talked about this?...

Edit, I'm not sure if we are not supposed do link to recasters. Anyway as iminimes hatless Clint has now been mass recasted as a 36 dollar painted head

Not good for the community or the company, this is worse than q

But again, to play devils advocate just further proves the point that limited releases are pointless and do more harm than good, this should be Denny's profit.

Edit, I'm not sure if we are not supposed do link to recasters. Anyway as iminimes hatless Clint has now been mass recasted as a 36 dollar painted head

But again, to play devils advocate just further proves the point that limited releases are pointless and do more harm than good, this should be Denny's profit.

This probably isn't the right place to discuss this, however...

I view this as an unavoidable consequence of supply and demand. Like the market for any product, when supply is limited and official sources are expensive, the market will respond with cheap knock-offs. Recasters see that there is strong demand and respond accordingly. The supply and demand concept is not limited to recasters either. A significant portion of the customs market arises from a lack of official sources (e.g., see Art Figures' Dredd knock-off) and it could be argued that unlicensed customizer's are profiting off someone else's intellectual property. I don't see profit as the motivation for customs, but IP owners could make the argument.

It's unfortunate that the real artists suffer and the only way to help them is to not buy from these recasters, but there are plenty of unscrupulous people who just don't care and will obtain what they want as cheaply as possible by whatever means are available to them.

I choose to look at it as a glass half full. At least they can't duplicate the paintjob. In an ideal world, everyone who wanted one would've got one, and I wish they did, but, as it stands, I feel that those who do have it should just appreciate what's on their shelf. There were a lot of people who wanted one that didn't get one, and I try to just be thankful that I was fortunate enough to have one in my collection.

I was lucky also and got the DX, and will never part with it, ever. Top top must have for me, and like has been said, the paint job is just unbeatable, and you can't recast that.

Well that's unfortunate. The recasters are starting to be more and more bold. Instead of oaying a sculptor several thousand dollars for original work they seem to be masquerading as buyers of sets and getting the sculpt on the cheap. It's beyond unfortunate.

Masterworks sales have been particularly slow this summer. Only breaking bad sold well.

This is really bad news because in my opinion iminime is putting out the best figures on the market custom or official. I think the re offering of old heads is a way to go and they should full on re-offer figures that were big hits like bateman, Clint, etc. Screw the people who are upset about the figures "exclusivity". For the figures that will have better paint jobs because of advancement in skill etc. Offer past buyers a discount to buy the new one.

What I will say is this,mine recasting heads can't quite top the original no, however they are very very good. The rick grimes that was recasted looks almost as good as the original, it is these same kind of guys that recast the hot toys heads, they are about 80 percent of the way quality wise and the Clint head looks really good, wish it went so but I'm a harsh critic and for better or worse always honest and it looks good.

The supply and demand comment is right. It's immoral and hurts the artist and the community but it's an unlisenced likeness and product so the artist can't do anything about it at all. This is why all the most exclusive heads get recasted, iminimes Clint, Rainmans heads,Trevor's heads... But the ones that are more readily avalible or filled the market just fine or got re releases ie. fight club you don't see recasted.

It's unfortunate that the real artists suffer and the only way to help them is to not buy from these recasters, but there are plenty of unscrupulous people who just don't care and will obtain what they want as cheaply as possible by whatever means are available to them.

If your referring to the ebay offering that I think you are they claim to have sold 78 at this point

Yes and precisely has been my point right from day one. One must understand that this could have easily been Denny's profit. If something limited has to offer it should be something over and above and not an extra sculpt. At some point in time someone will do either a run or a recast. Infact, people who buy customs just to get a mark up year down the line should start re looking at this strategy, cause there will almost always be a rerun and or a recast and sometimes even better (rerun) than the original ... The MJ sculpt of bill over rainmans is a classic example (while i bought rainmans as for 120 thats good enough for me) the MJ one still screams DDL better.

So long answer short, artists should capitalize the volume as much as they can and put money in pocket. I would love to give premium to an artist but aftermarket blaaaaaaa.... Once again nothing wrong with selling at a premium and everyone does that, some day i would too if my bank runs dry, but i have completely stopped chasing anything i miss as i know it eventually will come around one way or another and also i never invest in a figure just cause its value will increase and i would love for everyone to get what they want... If they want...

Yes and precisely has been my point right from day one. One must understand that this could have easily been Denny's profit. If something limited has to offer it should be something over and above and not an extra sculpt. At some point in time someone will do either a run or a recast. Infact, people who buy customs just to get a mark up year down the line should start re looking at this strategy, cause there will almost always be a rerun and or a recast and sometimes even better (rerun) than the original ... The MJ sculpt of bill over rainmans is a classic example (while i bought rainmans as for 120 thats good enough for me) the MJ one still screams DDL better.
That's certainly something that should be considered. Hot Toys, for example, regularly re-does figures these days and they must see value in that, not just in re-releasing a figure to make more money after watching secondary market interest (what people will pay, what gets recast, etc.), but having the chance to release a superior version. While I've taken advantage of that and appreciate the opportunity to 1) get a figure I missed the first time around at first-run prices and 2) support Hot Toys and not line the pockets of ebay scalpers, part of me wants Hot Toys to put its considerable skills and effort into something new and different. I'd share the same opinion of iminime... more Blondie? Or something else completely new and equally as awesome? Well, maybe not equal, but still awesome.

If Denny would, perhaps, re-do Blondie---unlikely, I grant, but easily his most popular figure with guaranteed sales---maybe offer a different version with a new run of heads. That preserves the uniqueness of the first release (err... releases counting the trio) while offering up something new. Say, this:

Blondie 1.jpeg

Blondie 3.jpg

Or just the heads would be fine. I'll stop stumping for more Blondie.

So long answer short, artists should capitalize the volume as much as they can and put money in pocket. I would love to give premium to an artist but aftermarket blaaaaaaa.... Once again nothing wrong with selling at a premium and everyone does that, some day i would too if my bank runs dry, but i have completely stopped chasing anything i miss as i know it eventually will come around one way or another and also i never invest in a figure just cause its value will increase and i would love for everyone to get what they want... If they want...

No Way.:cuckoo:

Check the Thread out... Its an awesome sculpt with an awesome paint job. I prefer the rainman one only cause for me 120 is fair enough... But whoever sees it shld also see your post on that thread where you were against it right from the beginning! ... And many feel that DDL headsculpt is simply awesome... With a better (prototype) paint app.

Completely agree. But i guess long story short, we will have to live with recasts as a part of this business just like licenced products / sellers have to live with our passion for custom / unlicensed products as a part of their business...

That's certainly something that should be considered. Hot Toys, for example, regularly re-does figures these days and they must see value in that, not just in re-releasing a figure to make more money after watching secondary market interest (what people will pay, what gets recast, etc.), but having the chance to release a superior version. While I've taken advantage of that and appreciate the opportunity to 1) get a figure I missed the first time around at first-run prices and 2) support Hot Toys and not line the pockets of ebay scalpers, part of me wants Hot Toys to put its considerable skills and effort into something new and different. I'd share the same opinion of iminime... more Blondie? Or something else completely new and equally as awesome? Well, maybe not equal, but still awesome.

If Denny would, perhaps, re-do Blondie---unlikely, I grant, but easily his most popular figure with guaranteed sales---maybe offer a different version with a new run of heads. That preserves the uniqueness of the first release (err... releases counting the trio) while offering up something new. Say, this:

View attachment 126464

View attachment 126466

Or just the heads would be fine. I'll stop stumping for more Blondie.

Check the Thread out... Its an awesome sculpt with an awesome paint job. I prefer the rainman one only cause for me 120 is fair enough... But whoever sees it shld also see your post on that thread where you were against it right from the beginning! ... And many feel that DDL headsculpt is simply awesome... With a better (prototype) paint app.

The fact that you would suggest that a copy of someone else's original work/design is better shows me your not paying attention. You are however entitled to your opinion and preference....but c'mon man comparing it to an original classic? Don't even go there dude :lol because as much as it tries to be, it honestly isn't better.

I'd love to see MJ's take on Blondie though. Let's see if he has better luck capturing Clint's likeness more-so then Trevor.

Seems to me the sculptor is only interested in attempting sculpts of already amazing sculpts. Adams Joker, Rainmans Bill etc.

I'm guessing Blondie is on the hitlist? Here's to him continuing to showcase his talents regardless of any criticism.

Back