Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hesitant to post mine, but here's my version, hope you guys like it. I'm using a different mixture of skin color, and this is my first time using it ^^

BW1+copy.jpg

BW4+copy.jpg

BW2+copy.jpg

BW3+copy.jpg

that looks fantastic dude, great job.

The sculpt is still one of the best customs ever, but man...some of the paint jobs we've seen just ruin it. 3 out of those 8 look good to me, the rest...well, that's all I'll say.

I don't think I'll ever change my opinion on custom paint jobs unless sculptors can feasibly cast in higher-quality material. Kuato, Lalla and Elvis are the only ones thus far that have been able to capture the translucent skin look correctly. It's one of the hardest things to do unless you actually cast in flesh-toned material.

Have you seen Denny Kim's painted sculpts? ..i don't think he he uses flesh tone resin but from what i have seen his teams paint jobs are on par with hot toys.

Btw that Lalla pic on the grid is still a WIP version. Neo and I are awaiting the final pics which we should get any day now

I think flesh toned resin goes a long way in helping the paint look more realistic and retaining the details in the sculpt, but a skilled painter can make a non-flesh toned cast look amazing too IMO

Btw that Lalla pic on the grid is still a WIP version. Neo and I are awaiting the final pics which we should get any day now

I think flesh toned resin goes a long way in helping the paint look more realistic and retaining the details in the sculpt, but a skilled painter can make a non-flesh toned cast look amazing too IMO

WOW..

And its still a WIP.:horror

Cant wait to see the final, bud.

Btw, did you guys noticed that Lalla has been recruited by HT as well? Hes painting the accessories on the latest HT figure Noland from the Predators.

Yupp in fact he told us he's working for HT back when we commissioned him :)

I think he's done some work for them in the past without it being credited to him.

Yupp in fact he told us he's working for HT back when we commissioned him :)

I think he's done some work for them in the past without it being credited to him.

Like the rooted Tony Stark from Mech Test right?

I noticed theres a similar painting style like HT's now, especially the eyes. Are you gonna commission JC Hong for your second sculpt then, Umair :wink1::lol

Wow denny is painting yours, thrust? Can't wait to see that. I've gotta say i'm fond of denny and his teams paintjobs.

Have you seen Denny Kim's painted sculpts? ..i don't think he he uses flesh tone resin but from what i have seen his teams paint jobs are on par with hot toys.

No, I haven't. If you could direct me to them, I'd appreciate it.

Most of my criticisms about paintjobs come across as too harsh, which isn't my intent. It's just the way I say things. I'm really picky when it comes to paint since I paint myself, and the smallest things annoy me. It's nothing to do with the painters themselves, but rather the limitations of doing these things on one's own that keeps (most) customs squarely one step below official products in my eyes.

Does that make sense?

Back