Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven't. If you could direct me to them, I'd appreciate it.

Most of my criticisms about paintjobs come across as too harsh, which isn't my intent. It's just the way I say things. I'm really picky when it comes to paint since I paint myself, and the smallest things annoy me. It's nothing to do with the painters themselves, but rather the limitations of doing these things on one's own that keeps (most) customs squarely one step below official products in my eyes.

Does that make sense?

Here you go dude:)

500ho.jpg

Tom.jpg

underworld.jpg

You like?:D

Yeah, those are pretty insane. I have to wonder just what tools he uses to achieve that, because I'd assume he has access to equipment that your average painter/customizer doesn't. I'd be willing to bet that the first two were cast in higher quality material than the last one simply based on how they were able to achieve the translucent skin look with the blemishes and different tones and whatnot. The texture also gives it away, especially the first one.

It's funny, though, because with the Tom Cruise and Beckinsale sculpts, the paint is phenomenal but the sculpts are still iffy. It's hard to find a custom that manages to achieve professional quality in both areas. Not sure who the first one is, but it looks great.

Yeah, those are pretty insane. I have to wonder just what tools he uses to achieve that, because I'd assume he has access to equipment that your average painter/customizer doesn't. I'd be willing to bet that the first two were cast in higher quality material than the last one simply based on how they were able to achieve the translucent skin look with the blemishes and different tones and whatnot. The texture also gives it away, especially the first one.

It's funny, though, because with the Tom Cruise and Beckinsale sculpts, the paint is phenomenal but the sculpts are still iffy. It's hard to find a custom that manages to achieve professional quality in both areas. Not sure who the first one is, but it looks great.

I think Kate's pale completion for this character makes her paint job look less detailed if you know what i mean, both Tom and Ronaldinho(Brazilian footballer) look very professional to me.

Oh yeah, the paint jobs are professionally done, regardless of the casting material. I can just tell the difference in material between the Beckinsale sculpt and the others. The fivehead doesn't help either.

Yeah, they're a professional team, which is why there's such a difference between their products and one guy hand-painting everything in his spare bedroom.

Given that most of the picture of non-painted sculpts are in B&W, it's hard to tell what material their final production pieces are cast in, but based on the Tom Cruise photos, it's definitely a softer, probably flesh-toned material. The texture of the pieces gives it away. They can do a hell of a lot more in terms of paint with that type of material than one can do with a hard resin white/gray cast that most people have access to.

It comes down, again, to what materials painters have available to them.

Yeah, they're a professional team, which is why there's such a difference between their products and one guy hand-painting everything in his spare bedroom.

Given that most of the picture of non-painted sculpts are in B&W, it's hard to tell what material their final production pieces are cast in, but based on the Tom Cruise photos, it's definitely a softer, probably flesh-toned material. The texture of the pieces gives it away. They can do a hell of a lot more in terms of paint with that type of material than one can do with a hard resin white/gray cast that most people have access to.

It comes down, again, to what materials painters have available to them.

Now i may be mistaken, but i asked Denny before if he would paint a wax sculpt that i had, he said he would not paint on a wax sculpt, he mentioned the material they use, i forget what it was and the pm has since been deleted but i think i remember him saying it was brown colored material, again i could be wrong about this.

Denny also offered to recast the sculpt in there material and then paint it, that of course would cost more money, i'm waiting to see the Kate sculpt inhand before i make a decision on that.

If it were a brown-colored material then yeah, it's much easier to achieve realistic flesh tone since you're not having to apply a couple of base coats on a colorless material before you even start the detailed painting.

You also have the added benefit of those base coats not concealing all the finer details of the sculpt, like wrinkles, smile lines, pores, and general skin texture.

He actually look's a bit like this dude! :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw"]BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes) - YouTube[/ame]

He's climbing in your windows,
he's snatching your people up,
Tryin' to rape 'em,
so you need to
hide your kids, hide you wife,
and hide your husband
'cause they're raping everybody out here.

You don't have to come and confess,
we're looking for you,
we gon' find you
we gon' find you
so you can run and tell that
run and tell that
run and tell that
homeboy, home home homeboy!

I like this song XD .

Ok.... so I decided to buy Seb's (Elvis1976) B. Wayne headsculpt (#21) besides mine that I had already painted and butchered to fit the pers neck on my DX Batz:lol (still came out good, didn't it?). I liked his paint job so much that I begged him for it.:lol Anyway, this one is actually a later one he painted (not the one in previous pictures) and I believe, imho, that he keeps getting better and better each time. I'm really happy with it and don't need to look somewhere else. Seb IS the man! Here's some pics:

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Back