I'm so pissed!!!..."Karate Kid" remake in the works...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from seeing the film with both my kids (11 and 8) and it was great. I had my reservations about Jaden Smith in this part but he really did an excellent job. Jackie Chan was superb and as enjoyable to watch as Pat Morita in the original. One thing I always hated about the original was that Macchio was so clearly outmatched by the the bad kid and Smith is able to be a more convincing in his fighting. The final technique is no more or less believable than Daniel's jump front kick, and both are hokey.
In all, there are a few things that bother me, but are obviously necessary for making a film. No one can get proficient at these techniques so quickly but teacher and Sifu spend a lot of time training intensely. The mother is annoying as hell and the worst actor in the film.
I feel that those who are refusing to see this because of a nostalgic love of the first film and the name, I think you are missing out. Fast forward through the title and act as if its a different film with similar plot and I think you will enjoy it.

I appreciated the fact that the bullying scenes were realistically brutal and stressed the need to learn. Too often people forget how ugly violence is.

I'm on it. Thanks for the honest review. :goodpost:

You'll enjoy it Mike. My daughter closed her eyes during the bullying scenes but they weren't too bad or anything that is gonna scar the average kid.

Back