I'm so pissed!!!..."Karate Kid" remake in the works...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very clever, in a knuckledragging mimick sort of way. You know, I bet if you tried you could find an internet cliche that has been worn into the ground by several hundred-thousand other people to express each of your petty emo spasms.

That post even even more lame than the one you deleted, yes mother, cos that hasn't been done to death has it? :lol

That's very clever, in a knuckledragging mimick sort of way. You know, I bet if you tried you could find an internet cliche that has been worn into the ground by several hundred-thousand other people to express each of your petty emo spasms.

Y'know...is it really necessary to throw insults around?

No, but it's funny.

Sorry Snoopy. I didn't mean to bring all this negativity into what was clearly a thread that had rainbows and little pink bunnies gushing out it's yin.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

b6a96a48e9c3855fd235bfc0919091dc.jpg

your welcome to like the film...but to say its better than the original by your standards/opinion, just seemed quite phoney to me...the original is a classic and did not need a remake especially as bad as this one is

Of course I would say that it's better by "my" standards/opinion. Who's opinion would I use other than my own. I'm certainly not using yours as you can plainly see.

Look, I simply stated that I thought the movie was going to be crap and was surprised when it wasn't. I thought I would share my opinion with others who had the same initial reaction that I had. It is truly a treat to see a remake done right and I thought that some of you might enjoy it.

I never asked anyone to like the movie, I never asked anyone to go see the movie, I never said that the original sucked, I only stated that this one was better. I don't care your if daughter/spouse/niece/cousin/does not like it nor do I care you did not like your bootleg screening of the film. 69% of reviewers like it on Rotten Tomatoes and they don't care what you think about it either.

I don't think your crazy or phoney for liking the original but you are crazy if you think you are going to speak to me as if I need your permission to like this movie.

I don't think your crazy or phoney for liking the original but you are crazy if you think you are going to speak to me as if I need your permission to like this movie.

You need to take a :chillpill: and stop taking this so seriously. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack, boy.

:lol

I just got back from seeing the film with both my kids (11 and 8) and it was great. I had my reservations about Jaden Smith in this part but he really did an excellent job. Jackie Chan was superb and as enjoyable to watch as Pat Morita in the original. One thing I always hated about the original was that Macchio was so clearly outmatched by the the bad kid and Smith is able to be a more convincing in his fighting. The final technique is no more or less believable than Daniel's jump front kick, and both are hokey.
In all, there are a few things that bother me, but are obviously necessary for making a film. No one can get proficient at these techniques so quickly but teacher and Sifu spend a lot of time training intensely. The mother is annoying as hell and the worst actor in the film.
I feel that those who are refusing to see this because of a nostalgic love of the first film and the name, I think you are missing out. Fast forward through the title and act as if its a different film with similar plot and I think you will enjoy it.

I appreciated the fact that the bullying scenes were realistically brutal and stressed the need to learn. Too often people forget how ugly violence is.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JdrFwikfJNk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JdrFwikfJNk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thought this was good :lol there is one for Predators as well. :rock

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JdrFwikfJNk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JdrFwikfJNk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thought this was good :lol there is one for Predators as well. :rock

:lol:lol:lol

Oh I get it, you guys thought you would live out your childhood fantasy of actually being the bully instead of the abused. Except I don't think the bully that slapped you around did it behind the safety of the internet and I'm sure he didn't use pretty pictures.:lol

Your e-Thuggary is week son. Kind of ironic given the subject matter of the movie you think your defending. Your old a$$ ought to be ashamed.

From now on I should let my kid respond to your comments.:rotfl

Back