I'm out. All that's left of my collection. My 4 grails. And what I did with my Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, so you didn't really get out, but sideways. I never seem to jettison a hobby, just add more and more.

Ahhh, so you didn't really get out, but sideways. I never seem to jettison a hobby, just add more and more.

And usually the next hobby you get in is even MORE expensive. I used to collect baseball cards, then it went to action figures, and now statues. What's next? I am a collecting addict.

And usually the next hobby you get in is even MORE expensive. I used to collect baseball cards, then it went to action figures, and now statues. What's next? I am a collecting addict.

Yes, my number hobby is even more expensive! The Tag Heuer cost me $7,000! Last watch ever.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Last watch ever eh? I said that at watch number 4. I have 9 now. It's a nice Tag you got there! Next you can get a Breitling. Then an Omega. Now that's an expensive hobby!

I would rather have the statues and enjoy my Skagen.

Yo man. Skagen watches are the best. I've owned them for the past 10 years but then I got into luxury watches.

Differences between a cheaper watch and a luxury (the attributes I list for luxury are true for almost every "good" watch:
Skagen:

Face is super hardened mineral Crystal
Movement is Quartz
Made in Denmark
Relatively plain simple face without much detail! (Same for watches as well)
Not real titanium or 316 L stainless steel

Luxury watch:
Face is hardened sapphire Crystal (nothing can scratch it except a diamond)
316 L grade stainless steel
Superluminova luminent for glow in the dark
Automatic mechanical movement
Made in Switzerland
Usually heavier, unless it's titanium
COSC certified (forgot what it stands for but only really good luxury watches are this accurate)
Like COSC it is also a certified chronometer not chronograph (chronometer is more accurate)
Name of the company is on many places on the watch because they are proud of it and all parts are made in-house and are not generic)
And really expensive ones faces are unique in some way eg the chronometer in mine counts time with dials not hands and has unique seconds display.
Decorated detailed internal movement as you can see through the exhibition case back on my tag)

Last edited:
Yo man. Skagen watches are the best. I've owned them for the past 10 years but then I got into luxury watches.

Differences between a cheaper watch and a luxury (the attributes I list for luxury are true for almost every "good" watch:
Skagen:

Face is super hardened mineral Crystal
Movement is Quartz
Made in Denmark
Relatively plain simple face without much detail! (Same for watches as well)
Not real titanium or 316 L stainless steel

Luxury watch:
Face is hardened sapphire Crystal (nothing can scratch it except a diamond)h
316 L grade stainless steel
Superluminova luminent for glow in the dark
Automatic mechanical movement
Made in Switzerland
Usually heavier, unless it's titanium
COSC certified (forgot what it stands for but only really good luxury watches are this accurate)
Like COSC it is also a certified chronometer not chronograph (chronometer is more accurate)
Name of the company is on many places on the watch because they are proud of it and all parts are made in-house and are not generic)
And really expensive ones faces are unique in some way eg the chronometer in mine counts time with dials not hands and has unique seconds display.
Decorated detailed internal movement as you can see through the exhibition case back on my tag)

^^^^^^^ All that to say, not well endowed... ;)

Actually I have kind of slender wrists for a dude, one of the reasons I love Skagen. Plus for me, any watch over a hundred bucks seems rather luxurious to me. Speaking of which, recently read an article that most people have stopped wearing watches. Cell phones have basically replaced them. Will be like carrying a pocket watch or smoking pipe tobacco before long.

^^^^^^^ All that to say, not well endowed... ;)

Actually I have kind of slender wrists for a dude, one of the reasons I love Skagen. Plus for me, any watch over a hundred bucks seems rather luxurious to me. Speaking of which, recently read an article that most people have stopped wearing watches. Cell phones have basically replaced them. Will be like carrying a pocket watch or smoking pipe tobacco before long.
I know right...who the heck smokes tabacco any more.
3cd34d303dd5754a0932e8aa5cc5680a.jpg

[emoji38]

Being apathetic toward and rude to another person is insulting.

That's Ink's game sadly. He thinks his comments actually have power to influence people. :lol Very sad individual. As for the dude that is done with collecting: I can relate. I have 6 PFs and that is IT. I'm planning on getting rid of some if I get Jason or Freddy. 6 PFs is my maximum rule at one time. If something comes in, something has to go. One Besta is my maximum rule. No clutter. I hate clutter. Congrats on leaving collecting and I like what you've done with your Besta. Listen to yourself and do what YOU want to do. Never let anyone tell you what you should and shouldn't do when it comes to this hobby and when it comes to life lol. Congrats on getting out 'cause it's what YOU want. F the naysayers. :)

That's Ink's game sadly. He thinks his comments actually have power to influence people. :lol Very sad individual. As for the dude that is done with collecting: I can relate. I have 6 PFs and that is IT. I'm planning on getting rid of some if I get Jason or Freddy. 6 PFs is my maximum rule at one time. If something comes in, something has to go. One Besta is my maximum rule. No clutter. I hate clutter. Congrats on leaving collecting and I like what you've done with your Besta. Listen to yourself and do what YOU want to do. Never let anyone tell you what you should and shouldn't do when it comes to this hobby and when it comes to life lol. Congrats on getting out 'cause it's what YOU want. F the naysayers. :)

I like how you just told him what to do...

I don't think he needs any advice, especially since he posted this AFTER having already done what he wanted. Congrats Chunky. Watches are nice, but not my thing, but there are some serious collectors there as well.

I mean when do you stop? Eg. Anything beautiful and a collectible. Super cars such as some models of gorgeous red Ferrari's make my jaw drop and I can't help but walk around the car and marvel at its beauty and craftsmanship. If I were to drive it, that's what they're used for, right? One is enough, ok ok maybe two. (Obviously this is I was very wealthy).

But when does it get crazy? Jay Leno has a warehouse filled with about 50 beautiful cars. If a car in that garage gets driven once a year, it's a lot. I would say 1 Ferrari and say 1 Lamborghini are enough for one person to enjoy in moderation.

Take watches. I have a Tag Heuer I am going to wear everyday. A moderate number of watches to own would for instance be one sports watch, one causal, one dress, and maybe one other. There are many people who on a forum used more frequently than this one, watchuseek.com, who easily own at least 20 watches. Too much! Most sit in expensive automated watch winders forever. Worn maybe two or three times a years. Most of these watches cost thousands and thousands of dollars; much more expensive hobby than statues. ""Cheap" luxury watches start at $1,000

But whatever you like. I got sucked into this game. I think a moderate amount of statues to own is 2 or 3 beautiful pieces. At one point I was up to 20. I barely looked at and appreciated some amazing pieces in my collection because I had so many.

Up to you.

For me, I'll probably get sucked back in at some point. Sad to say. Now, most important

DAMN YOU MY ADDICTIVE AND OCD PERSONALITY!!!

wish I could pull that out of my mind. I'd pay for it to happen but it won't.

back to cooking meth and playing WOW

*note: I played Diablo 3 with Mr. G.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, recently read an article that most people have stopped wearing watches. Cell phones have basically replaced them.

That makes me want to wear a watch more for some reason.

I also collect watches.And from all my friends I'm the only one that wears one.I could spend 300-400$ on a watch and my wife won't argue,But when a statue come's in she will give **** that I spend my money on useless stuff(statues).I'm keeping my eye out for a affordable panerai.

That makes me want to wear a watch more for some reason.

Also people will always wear watches. They're beautiful precision instruments, that hold their value, but they do drop a bit after being used. They are one of the only pieces of jewelery men wear. And quality mechanical watches, with occasional servicing will last forever. A Battery powered Quartz movement in a Quartz watch will completely break within 20 years.

And watch makers have been practicing the craft of watch making for centuries. Tag Heuer made its first watch in 1860. Nice toto have something that is not electronically powered too. It works through the turning of tiny gears and power transfer. Beautiful.

Sorry to hear that. I have a bunch and they all get my loving. I see them every morning, sometimes cleaning one before i go to work. It's my favourite room in the whole house. that said, for me it's almost maxed out and I don't want them scattered all over the house. (I'm a bit OCD with neatness).

I mean when do you stop? Eg. Anything beautiful and a collectible. Super cars such as some models of gorgeous red Ferrari's make my jaw drop and I can't help but walk around the car and marvel at its beauty and craftsmanship. If I were to drive it, that's what they're used for, right? One is enough, ok ok maybe two. (Obviously this is I was very wealthy).

But when does it get crazy? Jay Leno has a warehouse filled with about 50 beautiful cars. If a car in that garage gets driven once a year, it's a lot. I would say 1 Ferrari and say 1 Lamborghini are enough for one person to enjoy in moderation.

Take watches. I have a Tag Heuer I am going to wear everyday. A moderate number of watches to own would for instance be one sports watch, one causal, one dress, and maybe one other. There are many people who on a forum used more frequently than this one, watchuseek.com, who easily own at least 20 watches. Too much! Most sit in expensive automated watch winders forever. Worn maybe two or three times a years. Most of these watches cost thousands and thousands of dollars; much more expensive hobby than statues. ""Cheap" luxury watches start at $1,000

But whatever you like. I got sucked into this game. I think a moderate amount of statues to own is 2 or 3 beautiful pieces. At one point I was up to 20. I barely looked at and appreciated some amazing pieces in my collection because I had so many.

Up to you.

For me, I'll probably get sucked back in at some point. Sad to say. Now, most important

DAMN YOU MY ADDICTIVE AND OCD PERSONALITY!!!

wish I could pull that out of my mind. I'd pay for it to happen but it won't.

back to cooking meth and playing WOW

*note: I played Diablo 3 with Mr. G.

As someone who's about to sell off a sizable chunk of my collection myself, I can totally relate. Though my plan is to use the proceeds to start "collecting" less debt!

You ain't out. That's like a crack head saying he's out but has 4 crack vials in his home and he's still hanging and talking to his junkie friends. So, long as those 4 pieces are in your collection and you are still hanging around here, you are still a collector my friend. :lol

Back