IM MKI SS or Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy your cheap asian plastic then.

:lol I've got nothing against statues, got a bunch of them. I couldn't care less if its a lump of polystone or cheap asian plastic. It could be a polished turd for all i care. It just has to be the best version out there then i'll buy it regardless. In this case HT 's is better ... FACT

SS by a mile. I just recieved mine and trust me to death, anyone saying they saw it in person and didn't like it is full of crap, or has really bad taste.

I saw it in person at Universal Studio in Orlando. I prefer the HT version. More detail, better paint apps, way more movie accurate & less cost. SS may have a better face sculpt, but who cares? Most will display it with the face shield down.

Just because it's a statue or more expensive doesn't make it a better piece. Whoever says that is either a statue snob, is full of crap or has really bad taste. ;) :D

I own statues & HT figures so I don't care about the stigma of either. I prefer the best looking piece that also represents the best value for the money.

I saw it in person at Universal Studio in Orlando. I prefer the HT version. More detail, better paint apps, way more movie accurate & less cost. SS may have a better face sculpt, but who cares? Most will display it with the face shield down.

Just because it's a statue or more expensive doesn't make it a better piece. Whoever says that is either a statue snob, is full of crap or has really bad taste. ;) :D

I own statues & HT figures so I don't care about the stigma of either. I prefer the best looking piece that also represents the best value for the money.
:monkey4 :D

LOL The polystone whores will always chime in with these statements. The HT version has it beat hands down in accuracy, quality and value. Yeah a big statue has the wow factor over 12" figures simply by virtue of size. But get the ^^^^ outta your eyes though and what you end up with is an inferior representation of the source material...imo

You speaks words of wisdom my friend, if you say the maquette has BETTER attention to detail, you should schedule an appointment with the eye doctor.

:lol I've got nothing against statues, got a bunch of them. I couldn't care less if its a lump of polystone or cheap asian plastic. It could be a polished turd for all i care. It just has to be the best version out there then i'll buy it regardless. In this case HT 's is better ... FACT

Anyone with half a brain knows you are right. But remember that collecting this stuff is about fantasy and illusion and some collectors seem to be completely unaware that a real world even exists :D

That said, the SS Mark I is great, but of course the Hot Toys Mark I is better.

i dont personally believe that you can compare these too.The one is statue the other is a toy.Totally different things

SS Mark I seemed off to me. So I got neither. One of the few Marvel pieces I've passed on. Price was definitely a factor too.

Hot Toys or Sideshow? I think it's down to Zzzzzzzzzz
sleepingcomphi9.gif

i didnt mean its a TOY and its not meant for playin.It just isnt a statue or a maquette.My point is that these two are 2 different thing IMO

i didnt mean its a TOY and its not meant for playin.It just isnt a statue or a maquette.My point is that these two are 2 different thing IMO

I got it bro', just "toying" with ya...get it? Toying? :D

Anyways it doesn't matter. People will buy what they prefer. But that doesn't change the fact that objectively, the HT version is the best one.

Back