I'm Going to Smach Vader!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PsychoCenobite said:
I can't promise I can do that! :peace Where can I get some clear red matte acrylic spray paint? :confused: If I can get some easily, then I'll give it a go.

PsychoCenobite :cool:

It doesn't need to be red, just clear matte. Wal-mart has it in the hobby section. Just spray a light layer, let it dry, then light it up. Let us know if that improves the glow at all!

If this works, it will solve one of the only problems anyone has with the figure, the light-up feature being inconsistent in the blade. My theory is that the matte layer will help disperse the light more evenly.

If you're worried about having a can of clear matte acrylic lying around that you really don't need, keep in mind that it is great for fixing figures who's paintwork is too glossy.

Customikey said:
It doesn't need to be red, just clear matte. Wal-mart has it in the hobby section. Just spray a light layer, let it dry, then light it up. Let us know if that improves the glow at all!

If this works, it will solve one of the only problems anyone has with the figure, the light-up feature being inconsistent in the blade. My theory is that the matte layer will help disperse the light more evenly.

If you're worried about having a can of clear matte acrylic lying around that you really don't need, keep in mind that it is great for fixing figures who's paintwork is too glossy.

That's a great idea Mikey! I hope that works.... Would really be a nice little upgrade to an already outstanding statue. Plus I can remember this once I have mine...... one day....:D

how's the smashing going on?

a friend of mine had to smash his too because the electronics weren't working. and he said he had a very tough time doing it. saying it wasn't easy because some parts were hard to break off like the limbs for example.

noelleon69 said:
how's the smashing going on?

a friend of mine had to smash his too because the electronics weren't working. and he said he had a very tough time doing it. saying it wasn't easy because some parts were hard to break off like the limbs for example.

Hope he thought to plug it in or put in batteries first!

Well, that mkaes this edition, what, 1,998?

I'ma call a couple of real hard, pipe-hittin' Jedi to go to work on Vader here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch! :D

First step, remove soft clothes. Might need a sharp blade to remove the leather.
Then to remove the boots, mask and any other hard 'clothes'.
Then I should have the naked Vader! Ha, ha. I can set up a Varder p0rn site! :monkey5
Then it's time to get smashing! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Last edited:
PsychoCenobite said:
I'ma call a couple of real hard, pipe-hittin' niggas to go to work on Vader here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch! :D

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I didn't realize that racist remarks were allowed on the SSF boards. :confused:

I find that comment very offensive.

PC you should be ashamed of yourself. There's no excuse for that kind of language.

When will people learn??:peace

PsychoCenobite said:
I'ma call a couple of real hard, pipe-hittin' Jedi to go to work on Vader here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch! :D

Love the edit! Although I for one was not offended by a movie quote...:cool:

crazy collector said:
A friend of mine recieved a small balrog(udun) with a chip broken off the flame; sideshow gave him the same options; he decided to have a new one and smash the damaged one; sideshow sent the new one; they expected pictures would follow and never bothered to ask for pictures of the smashed one! so he waited and 2 yrs on they never asked and he has two statues.
So I would suggest you do the same; sideshow have expanded in many directionsand may not have the time to follow it up!:lsvader
Man, that's really a bad attitude :nono .
Sideshow has a great, great customer service, and I would think that works both ways.....

I think no matter how scrached it was I wouldn't have the heart to smash a PF Vader. Maybe I would scuff it up more and call it a "Battle Damaged" Vader or something but I couldn't totaly destroy it.

Bonehead15 said:
I didn't realize that racist remarks were allowed on the SSF boards. :confused:

I find that comment very offensive.

PC you should be ashamed of yourself. There's no excuse for that kind of language.

When will people learn??:peace

So your offended by the movie pulp fiction ????:google :google Nothing Shocking by quoting a movie.... Did you wrote a letter to tarantino also saying you were offended...:confused:Where do you live??? Everybody use this word now..it has become common slang...the term ''niggaz'' has become more like a synonimous of the words ''brothers'' or ''bros''.Even White people use it now....Was watching pro wrestling on t.v...the other day,Vince Mcmahon told John Cena: whats up nigga !!!( by the way , both of them are white...)My point is, there was nothing racist in psycho's comment, he was only quoting a movie.Racism is an extremely bad behavior of the human species, paranoia is another one....

Last edited:
I was unable to go to work on Vader today! :sick

Had to design a flyer for a friends club night, which was needed ASAP. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow but that could also be hard as it's Sunday roast tomorrow! :monkey2

I want to do it tomorrow but as I'm stripping him down and then smashing him, it's going to take some time.

But don't worry! When I do it, I'll be filming from all angles! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :sick

Just let it go, guys. I'm sure we could fill a thread on the use of the "N" word and it's reprocussions, but that's not what this board is about.

And as for "nothing wrong with quoting a movie," I have to disagree a bit with you there. There is a certain matter of taste and discression that needs to be employed with regards to everything said on these boards, including movie quotes. I could go around quoting Blazing Saddles all day, but I'm pretty sure I'd get my ass kicked.

Having said that, there is the matter of certain films being within the Public Consciousness. Pulp Fiction would fit there, although that is a relatively obscure quote.

Urg, now you have me doing it! Just...just shut up!!! Word. :monkey4 :monkey1

Frankily, I would have taken Option Two. :monkey3 That way you could choose which piece of each you liked better from each and get the Vader you really would be happy with. An sell the other one an Ebay at a VERY educed rate... I'm sure somebody would have purchased it.

Well your choice has been made... let the polystone fly!

That was my Vader, now it is only junk. :monkey2 It has been a painful and horrible day.

Imagen018bis.jpg

Imagen021bis.jpg

Imagen022bb.jpg

Imagen020bis.jpg

Last edited:
Back