I'm Going to Smach Vader!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey PC,

I'm with you. I do not like the look of that mouse droid, and the "defects" on the helmet and glove would bother me everytime. Maybe I could live with the base issues if the others weren't there.

I throw my vote in for a funeral pyre also. Maybe you can use a Hasbro Jedi Luke to set the fire with. :D

PC, despite what Sideshow says, there is a large QC problem with this piece. I just got my 3rd Vader today, and I'm going to keep it, but it still has problems.

My 1st Vader had a HORRIBLE spot on the base, the 2nd one had a tusk broken off and a big white spot on his face, and the 3rd one is pretty good but the base has some scratches.

I attribute the 2nd Vader defect to bad luck more than poor manufacturing (even though the broken piece wasn't in the box). The bases on the piece were EXTREMELY poorly manufactured/packed. I'm talking MR helmets poor. I've never had ANY problems with pieces until the Sideshow Vader and MR helmets started to ship recently.

These are great products, but they have been a real headache with all of the problems. I've had 3 SS Vaders and 6 MR clone helmets so far, so I do consider myself somewhat knowledgeable on the subject.

If you do smash him, you should set up some kind of Rube Goldberg device to do it. Then video tape the whole thing. It would be both sad and exciting at the same time.

A friend of mine recieved a small balrog(udun) with a chip broken off the flame; sideshow gave him the same options; he decided to have a new one and smash the damaged one; sideshow sent the new one; they expected pictures would follow and never bothered to ask for pictures of the smashed one! so he waited and 2 yrs on they never asked and he has two statues.
So I would suggest you do the same; sideshow have expanded in many directionsand may not have the time to follow it up!:lsvader

It will be a sad but interesting experience to smash him :eek:

I had to do it once with a Gandalf statue I had received from Sideshow which was obviosuly repaired - there was even a sticker on the statue with an arrow pointing at the repaired spot when I received it... :confused:

But honestly, if I had your options, I would take a second one for 50% off and sell the first one on the Bay pointing out the small problems you've found - make somebody happy instead of destroying something! :peace

goliath said:
But honestly, if I had your options, I would take a second one for 50% off and sell the first one on the Bay pointing out the small problems you've found - make somebody happy instead of destroying something! :peace

I'm swaying towards this options. I'm giving myself until the weekend to decide.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PS. I'd be really upset if I smashed my one, got a new one and it wasn't as good! :monkey2

crazy collector said:
A friend of mine recieved a small balrog(udun) with a chip broken off the flame; sideshow gave him the same options; he decided to have a new one and smash the damaged one; sideshow sent the new one; they expected pictures would follow and never bothered to ask for pictures of the smashed one! so he waited and 2 yrs on they never asked and he has two statues.
So I would suggest you do the same; sideshow have expanded in many directionsand may not have the time to follow it up!:lsvader

Yeah, do that and post about it here. I'm sure that Sideshow never reads this.

I'd go with option 2, but if you DO go with option three, please dismantle the figure in steps, with lots of photos. I'd love to see whats under the costume and how the poly body is constructed.

As a matter of fact, if you'd like to shoot the shots and do a little write up on what you find, I'd be happy to post it on my site.

Michael Crawford said:
As a matter of fact, if you'd like to shoot the shots and do a little write up on what you find, I'd be happy to post it on my site.

That be really interesting !!!!

I'm going to smash him! :monkey2

I hope that my new Vader isn't in worst condition than this one or else I'll be gutted.

I could live with some small skratches on the base but none of the rest.

I'll post some pictures! :cool:

Vader, perpare to die! :peace

PsychoCenobtite :monkey5

Last edited:
I really like the idea of the dissection...

If it ain't too much trouble, I would also love to see pics of Vader in various stages of disassembly.

crap, now I have Short Circuit stuck in my head...

Before you destroy him, would you mind spraying the lightsaber with a clear matte acrylic and then turning it on? As an experiment, I think the matte spray might improve the glow.

Customikey said:
Before you destroy him, would you mind spraying the lightsaber with a clear matte acrylic and then turning it on? As an experiment, I think the matte spray might improve the glow.

I can't promise I can do that! :peace Where can I get some clear red matte acrylic spray paint? :confused: If I can get some easily, then I'll give it a go.

Just had an email from Sideshow saying that my new one will ship next week and will be inspected in the warehouse (hope they're not to heavy handed with him!).

So I should have my new Vader in about two weeks! :monkey5

*Puts on rubber gloves and gets out box of surgery tools!* :naughty

PsychoCenobite :cool:

PsychoCenobite said:
I'm going to smash him! :monkey2

I hope that my new Vader isn't in worst condition than this one or else I'll be gutted.

I could live with some small skratches on the base but none of the rest.

I'll post some pictures! :cool:

Vader, perpare to die! :peace

PsychoCenobtite :monkey5

Yeah, show him who's the master now, biotch!

Take some snuff film!

Back