I'm getting tired of LOTRGuide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I'm banned too!!

And why would you want to after how they treated you?

And why would you want to after how they treated you?

Thats a good point and basically thats what I said in the reply to the email I got. I do feel bad because there are a few people there I like talking too thankfully most of them also post here.

FYI - I deleted an above post.

I'd asked that this thread not turn into a poo flinging contest. They have the right to run their board any way they see fit just as we do. Keep it civil people.

shithitsthefan.gif

Sam, I don't know how you do it, but you continue to surprise and delight me with your emoticons! :mwaha

Thanks Lonnie! I admit that I'd been waiting to use that one. ;)

this thread make sme want to cry...

NOT...!

:lol

the stuff hitting the fan was the highlight of this one...

Sorry Diesel, I'll try to make my next thread more to your tastes :sleep

I seem to recall that guys like Hitler and Stalin used similar practices to silence those who held different opinions.

You guys are better off, if this is the case. No one should have any use for a so-called "forum" that bans its users for having a contrary opinion. That's what a forum is: An assembly for the discussion of topics in which people have a mutual interest. And the word "discussion" itself implies a differing of opinions. ("consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc.; debate" -- from Webster's)

Sounds like their mods are all too cavalier with the wielding of the banning stick. That kind of practice is dangerous.

Ignore them and maintain your solid relationship with the thicker-skinned forums.

I seem to recall that guys like Hitler and Stalin used similar practices to silence those who held different opinions.

funny you say that...

Well this is what i make of it, jlc was flaming other people for saying they dont like something, so !!!IMO!!! jlc is in the wrong.

Well this is what i make of it, jlc was flaming other people for saying they dont like something, so !!!IMO!!! jlc is in the wrong.

I wasn't flaming them if you wann put it that way for saying they didn't like something. I was flaming them again if you wanna put it that way for the way they said something or the lack of support to their arugment. If your gonna shoot your mouth of and say you don't like something by saying it sucks have the ammo to go with it.

wait, wait, wait...

you're telling me, that in order for someone to say "that sucks", YOU are saying that they need to give YOU a reason...?

since when is it neccesary to rationalize your dislike for something on the internet...? if you don't like something, you don't like it, and you don't need to explain why to anyone...

fanbois... :rolleyes

I think that what Josh is saying is that one can't simply say "that sucks" in a civilized discussion and expect their statement to carry any weight. If it were that simple, a four-year-old could be as effective as any of us.

It's like criticizing art. A thing doesn't suck simly because you say that it sucks. Sure you're entitled to your opinion on something. But if you're going to air that opinion so simply in a public forum, then you're going to get called on it. When that happens, you should be prepared to back it up with a definitive argument. Otherwise, your argument is irrational and petty, showing a complete lack of original thought on the matter. Not only is so simple an argument not likely to garner respect, it's extremely likely to draw contempt.

(BTW, everyone keep in mind that I'm using the general "you," and am not using that pronoun to indicate any board members. Just defining and discussing.)

:clap Rook325 :clap

Like SlowPoke Rodriguez says "You got to have de braims"

Back