I'm an idiot! Firefly Print Contest :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
So I ordered the Firefly Les Femmes print set + the Saffron print back in 2011. Didn't have anywhere to put them when they arrived, so just kept them boxed up and stuck them in a closet until I figured it out.

Time goes on.......and today I think, I'm going to get those Firefly prints framed. I do not realize it has been 2 years until I see the packing slip...but time does fly.

Open the first box....it's the Saffron print. Looks very nice! :D

Open the second box.....it's also the Saffron print. It also looks very nice....but it's not the Les Femmes set. :(

Nothing I can do about it now obviously and I don't want to frame just the Saffron print and I really don't want to buy another full set on eBay, so I'm going to give BOTH Saffron prints away to two Freaks.

To be entered...all you have to do is tell me your favorite Firefly/Serenity character or share an "I'm an idiot" story. Drawing will be on Sunday May 19th. Anyone can enter...but if you are an international member...I am not liable for any duty fees and I will be shipping by the slowest boat available. So, just an FYI.

saffron_zps7c4ae840.jpg

I'd tell you an "I'm an idiot" story... but I think I've told you most of them already. :wink1: :lol So I'll just stick to my favorite character: Jayne

Thanks for the contest, Jen. :duff

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds. :wave

:wave

I'd tell you an "I'm an idiot" story... but I think I've told you most of them already. :wink1: :lol So I'll just stick to my favorite character: Jayne

Thanks for the contest, Jen.

You are probably correct. I have heard a lot of um.....good stories from you. ;)

Zoë is my favorite character. :)

This is awesome Jen.

:duff

Jane is my favorite character.....with that hat of his what's not to love?

hatevenstripeleft.png

That is one cool hat.

Not my interest, but very cool gesture Jen :duff

Great contest, Jen.

I like everyone from Firefly! But, Malcolm Reynolds is my favorite :duff

Mal. Of course.

And I Alamo Drafthouse was doing a Baymageddon marathon, showing 3 Bay flicks, plus an early screening of Pain and Gain. I was pumped. 30 bucks. Easy. I got that. I was trying to get my friend to go, who was going to let me know soon. I found out Friday, it was on Sunday.

Ticket sales weren't going strong. Barely anyone was buying them. So I figured I was safe. I had hours to buy the tickets. But decided to wait until my friend gave me the go ahead.

Then the site crashed. I freaked out, called the theater to make sure all was well. It was. They recommended I come and get them. I said perhaps, but I knew I wouldn't because I was seeing Oblivion in a few minutes.

I go back home, site still not working. Oh well. I'll pick them up tomorrow morning. I get up, get ready, check the site again...still not working. It's cool. Then I check the site. SOLD OUT.

FFUUUUUU. I'm a ****ing idiot for not buying the tickets immediately. It stabbed me in the gut.

Mal is my favorite.

As for my "I'm an idiot" story, throwing something out during cleaning day to get rid of it when I had already asked my wife if we could get rid of it and she said no.

One example would be shoe boxes.

Hijinx ensued needless to say. Sad to say this isn't a one time event either. Happens many times since I like a clean house and don't see much point holding onto something that is old, outdated, or not being used. :dunno

My favorite character is Simon.

As for my "im an idiot" story, once in college I was sitting at my desk trying to do a paper when I noticed a fly buzzing around in the room. It kept distracting me, so eventually I decided it had to be swatted.

After a few minutes of chasing the thing around the room with a rolled up magazine in vain, I finally cornered the thing on the window that looked out over the quad. I was staring focused on the fly on the window, slowly bringing my hand up to swat it.

It flew away when I blinked, and suddenly for the first time I noticed what was outside the window. Some girl who had been sunbathing in the quad was packing up her things and walking away, every few seconds looking up in my room looking really freaked out. It occured to me that she must have seen me and thought I was looking at her with this creepy 1000 yard stare. In a panic, I tried to play it off like I was casually reading the rolled up magazine while standing at the window.

Celtic is upset that he missed out paying $30 to see the Transformers movies. He's definately got the biggest idiot story. :monkey3 :lol

I forgot to do the drawing last night. Using a random number generator to pick for me -

The winners are:​

Kabukiman

and

Batty!!!

Please PM me your shipping details and I'll get these out in the mail this week.

Back