Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you in Ontario/GTA? Another Torontonian?
Would be nice if it did make a comeback. I am good with two but would make it easier for more to join the fun ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Stop stalking people Geil!! =P JK...I will take pics of mine with my soon to arrive hopefully modified DX12

I am just trying to track down enough Torontorians to propose a getogether someday :p

Could someone help me with the dimensions for the shelf for the base of my granas case please. I need to know how big I should have it cut to fit perfectly. Thanks in advance!

I say better to put your own together and measure it out. I noticed they are not all the same. I had now 4 of these and for whatever reason the dimensions are off a bit. You know what they say cut ones measure twice (or something like that) btw I ended up cutting 2 halves so I had more room to play with leaving a gap in the middle. Also easier to handle in terms of moving etc

Thanks Geil. Actually the dimensions being off is why I asked. I was hoping that I could get a 'Perfect' measurement to square it off all around with the shelf.

These Ikea Granas coffee table displays are absolutely stunning! However, the one draw back that i see is the viewing perspective. What i mean by that is because its a table, the view that you would get would be from looking down at it, whereas an ideal viewing perspective would be either at eye level or even something at waist height would be sufficient. With these coffee table displays i'd have to get down and lie on my stomach to get a better view...not sure what anyone else thinks? :dunno

These Ikea Granas coffee table displays are absolutely stunning! However, the one draw back that i see is the viewing perspective. What i mean by that is because its a table, the view that you would get would be from looking down at it, whereas an ideal viewing perspective would be either at eye level or even something at waist height would be sufficient. With these coffee table displays i'd have to get down and lie on my stomach to get a better view...not sure what anyone else thinks? :dunno

tumblr_m0hvmgM1MM1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

haha, I know what you mean though. I think the display works in big open rooms, that way people can take a step back to look at the display

tumblr_m0hvmgM1MM1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

haha, I know what you mean though. I think the display works in big open rooms, that way people can take a step back to look at the display

:rotfl @ gif :rotfl

possibly...listen i'm not trying to slate the displays at all, they are aesthically beautiful to look at. Cos i have a 1/6 89 Batmobile arriving soon im also looking at ways of displaying mine and i did consider the table option but it would just sit too low for me to enjoy all the detail when viewing it....:)

a little video...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYPjn4s7438"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYPjn4s7438[/ame]

Nice new table here :)
As for viewing angle in my case it is still being used as a coffee table in front of my sofa so when I sit down I see the content fairly well especially the second one further away ;). Only thing distracting is really the fencing I added around it to protect it from my lil rampaging gorilla lol

Nice new table here :)
As for viewing angle in my case it is still being used as a coffee table in front of my sofa so when I sit down I see the content fairly well especially the second one further away ;). Only thing distracting is really the fencing I added around it to protect it from my lil rampaging gorilla lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/hRoBLsZyQQY[/ame]

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Bringing this thing back up...deciding to find time to maybe build another one for this other guy....

Back