Ignite 1/6 Ninja!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was initially horrified that Ingite would start producing stuff like this while there's so much more ancient warrior stuff I would really like to have.
Seems a lot of people are excited with this though so I was wrong. I hope the quality will be to your satisfaction, that headsculpt will be a swapper for sure.
Wouldn't worry too much about preordering, usually Ignite stuff stays in stock for a long long time.

I was initially horrified that Ingite would start producing stuff like this while there's so much more ancient warrior stuff I would really like to have.
Seems a lot of people are excited with this though so I was wrong. I hope the quality will be to your satisfaction, that headsculpt will be a swapper for sure.
Wouldn't worry too much about preordering, usually Ignite stuff stays in stock for a long long time.

There's a lot of ancient warrior stuff I'd like too, but I don't feel Ignite is capable of handling it anymore. Out of four different Hoplite releases and one special edition release, none really have any new armor designs. They all have essentially the same helmet, shield, swords, cuirass, and grieves. The Hoplite 2 had a shoddy version of the Linothorax, the Hoplite 1 only had different grieves because they mistakenly gave him Roman versions. The Greeks had a ton of different armor designs and Ignite just ignores it all. And they missed an opportunity to give the Spartan Hoplites or King Leonidas a Spartan Short Sword or a bell cuirass. I don't own any of the medieval knights or Vikings but they also follow the same example of reuse after reuse.

At least this is something different then their past releases. If Ignite was making every release different then the last then I'd be more disappointed they're shifting gears into a different era, but I'm currently disappointed in their offerings of late.

those of you that have ignight figures, how good is the body? would a swap to a Medicom body, or a Hot toys true type be a good idea?

I don't own any yet (Ninja will be the first) but I've heard the bodies are pretty meh. Also, in the pictures I've seen they just have a kinda cheap look to them. MWCToys has a bunch of reviews.

I wonder how the wrist pegs are designed. Might get a medi Bruce lee, and transplant it to that body. All I know is that if i get one, it's going on a medi Body, a ninja should be short!

after reading a few reviews of the ignite body, I AM concerned. lousy wrists and floppy hips are bad. nothing a swap can't fix though.:D

If you want a shorter body then medicom is probably your best pick. The Ignite bodies will definitely be worthless for extreme ninja poses, unless of course, they develop a new one to go with this new series.
I'm not sure what medicom nudes go for but DML bodies are very cheap and with the figure being covered up like that you could mod it allover to shorten and give the joints more space.

after reading a few reviews of the ignite body, I AM concerned. lousy wrists and floppy hips are bad. nothing a swap can't fix though.:D

That's it exactly. Because of those s***ty floppy hip joints, my Spartan Hoplite fell over and his helmet chipped on the rim a little. Medicom's bodies are much shorter so if that's the look you want, go in that direction but expect very baggy clothes. But I agree with Doomhammer, the better alternative is a Dragon Neo body, much more affordable.

DUDIKOFF!!!
DSC06245.jpg

For sure will grab the black ninja and maybe that brown one too. Anyone selling them besides Cotswold?

Yea, they are good. I used to buy a few joes from them back in the day and got the HT True Types from em when they came out.

Went ahead and got the black and brown one. Will think about the white one.

Figure I'll get the black and see how the quality is... if its good I might get the others. They all look to be coming with some kickass gear :rock

Figured for 40 you can;t go wrong. Lots of stuff to make some bashes with. No one has made any kewl plain ninja's before.

Nice sig too :lol

Well that looks a lot better, hands seem to have a nice sculpt as well! Can't wait to see what the final ninja looks like!

Back