If there is no fellowship from SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrad1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
If SS doesn't finish the fellowship, how many of you will attempt to fill in the pieces with other stuff or customs? I was looking at the DID figures and was thinking about adding the hobbits and Gimli if they don't finish. It is my understanding that they only did two hobbits, Frodo and Sam. Right? That leaves two more hobbits. I really hope SS finishes out the LOTR line but they seem to becoming out infrequently. I honestly don't know how long they can keep this up without killing the line. The figures are improving since Aragorn, which get me excited but what was the last the announcement for a 12" figure, Faramir? It seems like ages ago that they announced him. Right now I am keeping my fingers crossed because I don't have the customizing skills required to finished this line out if SS doesn't complete it. There are not enough of the others out from other companies to fill in the gaps. How are you guys going to handle it?

Laters,

Brad

I know that I will try to finish the fellowship if sideshow doesn't make the complete set. The ToyBiz Gimli, for instance, is a great figure and with the help of some customizers, he'd look almost sideshow-esque! But I truely hope that sideshow finishes the fellowship and not pull another "weta stunt" on us like they did with Pippin!:monkey4

Luckily for me, I've got the Fellowship in both statue and bust lines from the SS/W collaboration so I won't be too upset if SS doesn't complete the 12" line. But, despite this lull right now, I'm gonna believe that they WILL complete the Fellowship (at the least) as they had originally stated (believe it was in a chat on their site around the time they had orginally announced this line).

I am not worried in the slightest about the 12" line -- you guys will get plenty of figures.

I AM concerned about the PF line, it will be a sad day if we don't see a GtG in that format. :monkey2

It has been sooooo slow moving, but I really really have a feeling there will be "I'm broke, SLOW down!" in the not so distant future in this line.

I have them in statue form but I guarantee they will get done in both forms. I simply do not see SS not doing all of them as it would be pointless to do a LOTR line and not do the Fellowship.

carbo-fation said:
The ToyBiz Gimli, for instance, is a great figure and with the help of some customizers, he'd look almost sideshow-esque! But I truely hope that sideshow finishes the fellowship and not pull another "weta stunt" on us like they did with Pippin!:monkey4

yeah that Toybiz Gimli is great. nice fabric clothes. did Toybiz make any of the Fellowship Hobbits in their Collector's series line? i have a Bilbo in that line from them and he's great! excellent fabric clothes and great headsculpt. their Aragorn's not near as good as SS tho.

Mookeylama said:
yeah that Toybiz Gimli is great. nice fabric clothes. did Toybiz make any of the Fellowship Hobbits in their Collector's series line? i have a Bilbo in that line from them and he's great! excellent fabric clothes and great headsculpt. their Aragorn's not near as good as SS tho.

Out of all the fellowship, I want a Gimli (12" line) the most. He would turn out great.

I can't believe how stupid some people can be. Of course they will finish the Fellowship in both formats. It will take a lot longer than I and others were hoping, but it WILL happen.

Mookeylama said:

They did do a Frodo and it wasn't that great. I haven't seen one in a long while but the head scuplt was really off and the costume wasn't all that great.

Darth Loki said:
I can't believe how stupid some people can be. Of course they will finish the Fellowship in both formats. It will take a lot longer than I and others were hoping, but it WILL happen.

I don't think it's a sure bet that you'll see the entire Fellowship in the PF line at all.

I think it's more of a matter that... I don't want to be 50 before my display is finished!

3 a year would have been fine by me... but the fact that this year (2007) is going to be non Fellowship.. is a little concerning.

Darth Loki said:

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

cheers,

nash

Darth Loki said:

I am not so sure about that. Who knows if interest in the line will wain before they get it completed? How long does SS have the license? Do they renew it every year or do they have the contract for X amount of years? I only know a few people who collect the line and they have abandoned the line because of the slow pace. It just appears to me that SS focuses so much of its energy on the Star Wars line that LOTR is set on the back burner. Who knows maybe if this line last 5 to 7 years then I have no doubt that it will happen. However, I can't imagine SS just concentrating on fellowship characters and not doing the same characters from other movies. I just am not as confident as you are. I would love for them to finish the line (the fellowship) since that's all I really care to collect.

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
I am not so sure about that. Who knows if interest in the line will wain before they get it completed? How long does SS have the license? Do they renew it every year or do they have the contract for X amount of years? I only know a few people who collect the line and they have abandoned the line because of the slow pace. It just appears to me that SS focuses so much of its energy on the Star Wars line that LOTR is set on the back burner. Who knows maybe if this line last 5 to 7 years then I have no doubt that it will happen. However, I can't imagine SS just concentrating on fellowship characters and not doing the same characters from other movies. I just am not as confident as you are. I would love for them to finish the line (the fellowship) since that's all I really care to collect.

Brad

I can assure you, you have nothing to worry about. It is well known that I am not happy about the current pace of this line. However I do think we will get 3 announcements in 2007 and hopefully the sculpts are good enough to bring people back in this line. The LOTR PF line has the potential to be the best line that SS ever does. I really hope they step up to the plate and deliver. Let's also keep in mind that Frodo didn't have an exclusive which had a lot of people going through retailers for him. I would rather have GTG first, but since I wanted both versions, I'm not upset to see GTW first. Let's just hope the sculpt is a 10 or this line will be dead.

I would be shocked if the Sideshow doesn't complete the Fellowship, and if Faramir is any indication we'll also get a decent amount of non-Fellowship characters as well!

But at the same time, Sideshow, like any company will pull stakes if the lines aren't successful and that could leave some pretty glaring omissions...

**cough** Medieval Kurgan**cough** Ape-o-nauts**

So be sure to buy these suckers and show the love :rock

And remember at this point we are 1/3 of the way through the fellowship in hand :rock

galactiboy said:
But at the same time, Sideshow, like any company will pull stakes if the lines aren't successful and that could leave some pretty glaring omissions...

**cough** Medieval Kurgan**cough** Ape-o-nauts**

I respect the Kause and all, but in fairness I think that LOTR is a MUCH larger animal than is Highlander - and they have the Academy awards to prove it.

We should also keep in mind that SS is likely already in talks to gain approval for the next few PFs, I thought that the Legend Darkness blog was quite eye-opening in that regard. I mean Andy has even revealed that the Hulk PF was sculpted and done an entire year before it ever saw the light of day. The fact is, we don't know just how many PFs are in the pipe right now, but I don't think it is naive to assume that there are a good number.

Back