If Roby the Robot is that much money, how much will R2 and 3PO be???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Tristram

Super Freak
Reaction score
Oh my God!

I was stunned to see the Roby the Robot go up for order today...and at a whopping $17000!!!

....I'll take two! :monkey4

Jeez! It may not bode well for R2 and 3PO because Fred Barton is also making them, is he not?

I thought someone from Sideshow illuded to the price point for the two droids to be under the price point of the T-800 1:1.
I sure hope it is not more than 10K for the pair of them! Wait a seco...Man, no way, I hope it is more like $7500 for the pair!!!

Any more info on these.....at all???

tomandshell said:
Two piece limit?!?

But I want three!!!
I know, I saw that! Funny!

And 8-12 weeks to craft adn complete each piece. Man...There's almost time to save up for two payments of $1900 each!

and a Non-Refundable $7500.99 deposit when ordering!

:monkey1

The good part is I think is the driods wont be hand built. Well that and the fact that both of them are smaller the Roby. But still wow.

At least you get 17000 points with purchase. That's $850 off your next purchase!!! Sweet!!

I'm in for 2!

customizerwannabe said:
I'll bet the pair goes for 20K minimum and sells out in a couple days.
A couple of days?
Doubtful. They might not even set a limit for a while....to see how they sell.

And if they are not hand made, I'll bet they will sell them for cheaper than 10K....that and the fact that they already discussed and compared these to the Don Post pieces and said they would be cheaper than those. Those ran around $7500 when they first appeared.

SolidLiquidFox said:
R2 will be sold out before 3PO. That much is certain.
And I am sure they'll have some kind of incentive if you buy both at the same time!

SolidLiquidFox said:
R2 will be sold out before 3PO. That much is certain.

I thought they could only be purchased as a set? :confused:

If they can't though, why do you think R2 would be the most popular?

JS

customizerwannabe said:
I'll bet the pair goes for 20K minimum and sells out in a couple days.

20K may not be a lot to you, but for us 'normal' folk, that's a ***** load of money :google

I was thinking they'd be closer to 9-10K for the pair, but after seeing the price for Robby, I'm not so sure.

There's a dude (well there WAS a dude) on the internet, that made R2-D2's and C-3PO's on order. Life size of course. I think the C-3PO was about $3K, shiny finish and all. It's the shiny finish that absorbs a lot of the cash. The unpainted kit was a lot cheaper. The pieces where mend to be attached to a showroom dummy, and where also "wearable". For halloween or something :D.

Back