If Neca has the Halloween license...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Carpenters Myers came with loads of suspense. Zombies had almost none of that. Myers stalking in the shadows is what made carpenters version what it was. RZ's Myers was a raged hillbilly.

In all fairness to Zombie, that's exactly what he set out to do, and he succeeded.

I can see that. Especially as a physical imposing character.

As well as the explosive violence, which was a Jason signature compared to the other horror icons.

Oh believe me I have no love for either of Rob Zombie's Halloween movies but the one thing I liked about them was that he made Myers a scary character again.

A part of that reason admittedly was due to the physique of the actor but I can honestly say that Zombie's Myers was the Myers after the original that I would not like to meet on a dark night.

I didn't mean to say that he was creepy like the original I just meant a character that I could fear again after Myers seemed to get less imposing as the series went on.

But anyway the '78 original Michael Myers is so far out and away on them all that I wouldn't put any of them next to him. He had the lot, the look, the suspense, hiding in the shadows etc.

I can't argue with any of that. RZ Halloween is at least watchable. It is what it is. 78' Halloween will never be outdone. I'm also a fan of H2 as well. I even liked H20. That's about it though lol.

In all fairness to Zombie, that's exactly what he set out to do, and he succeeded.

Of course. Tbh I don't hate RZ version. It's just not worthy of comparison.

I can't argue with any of that. RZ Halloween is at least watchable. It is what it is. 78' Halloween will never be outdone. I'm also a fan of H2 as well. I even liked H20. That's about it though lol.

:goodpost: Agreed.

I didn't get it until I read an interview with Rob where he talked about how nobody could surpass the perfection that was Carpenter's Halloween. So in that vein, he set out to take his Myers as far away from Carpenter's as possible. After reading that I was able to watch his movies in a different light and learned to appreciate them for what they were.

Yea I remember his Cinemagic interview and he made his understanding sound awesome and that his movie was going to rock, but it didn't. Well none of his did except for Devil's Rejects.

To me it's like he already had a movie planned out, was offered Halloween and then changed that movie into it and tacked on the originals ending. I didn't like it at all. Haven't bothered with the RZH2.

NECA made a lot of Michael Myers figures and every one including the Rob Zombie remake ones sold out. They even made Loomis and young Michael.

I wish some one would make some new figures as there are none in the shops now.

you guys reminded me of this

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZCK5C71Mpl4[/ame]

Last edited:
Nobody bettered Nick Castle as the Shape, nobody.

That walk he did in the original, :(

What was the deal with the mask in the sequel? I heard Debra Hill say that it was the mask from the original but it was locked away but to me it looked a little bit different.

True. It was the same one but wasn't taken care of and then you have **** Warlock's head stretching it out sideways when Nick Castle had a thin long face strerching it from top to bottom.

True. It was the same one but wasn't taken care of and then you have **** Warlock's head stretching it out sideways when Nick Castle had a thin long face strerching it from top to bottom.

Yeah that mask from the original should have been put under lock and key.

Still the H2 mask holds it's own against the mask in the other Halloween movies. Probably my third favourite.

I didn't get it until I read an interview with Rob where he talked about how nobody could surpass the perfection that was Carpenter's Halloween. So in that vein, he set out to take his Myers as far away from Carpenter's as possible. After reading that I was able to watch his movies in a different light and learned to appreciate them for what they were.

This is one of the best posts Ive read in a long time. Completely agree. :duff

I approach the movies like the Carpenter version is the urban legend version (supernatural, otherworldly) of what happened and the Zombie version is what really happened (realistic, psychological)..

Back